Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Dinner At Eight? Not British, but it is b/w.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I fell asleep during the fourth story too

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Skutter posted:

A sci-fi movie, rented from Netflix on DVD back in the late 2000s/early 2010s, and it was probably made in the 2000s, based on quality. It was in English, and probably American or Canadian. Had a year in the title (like 20xx), and maybe Mars was in the title as well? It was the second film in a trilogy, we accidentally rented it out of order. Earth has been blown up by aliens, and there are two kinds of aliens, the regular grey aliens and then alien-cyborgs made to look human. Stars a bald, light-skinned Black man with a mustache as the lead good guy, and the only other character I remember is a very buff woman who played a good guy cyborg-alien. Has lots of cheesy one-liners, like a woman is captured by the aliens and tied to a wall, and the alien torturing her has a drill bit come out of the top of his fist and he says, "You're screwed". Also has the line, "We don't just kill our enemies, we rape them too", which was a riff on a line in the first film (which we ended up watching after this one), "We just kill our enemies, we don't rape them too" (I do not remember context or anything else about those weird rear end lines). I tried going back through my Netflix history, but it only goes back to 2014.

Maybe Recon 2020/2022/2023 trilogy?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Seeing as how this has turned into "PYF decapitation that doesn't match OP's description", maybe it is(n't) this???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgt5233HjCs

:rolleyes:

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 12, 2020

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Sorry guys I was just trying to be funny, and it gave me an excuse to post a clip which I thought was hilarious

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Skutter posted:

Holy poo poo, these are it!! Thank you so much!! This has been bothering me for years. You are awesome. How did you figure it out?

Recon 2020 was on the shelf of my local Blockbuster Video back in the day. So many times I picked it up and then put it back down without renting it because it looked just too lovely. You said yours had a word and a year in the title which made me think of it, looked it up on IMDb and read that it was 1st in a trilogy (I had no idea), and figured it might be what you were looking for.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I don't think it has a class reunion, but maybe Student Bodies? It's pretty goofy.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

GORE VIDAL'S CALIGULA by William Howard lol

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Looks kind of awesome.

It is.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

The first movie/show/story felt like a black and white movie that had been colorized, or maybe was just shot in early color. Maybe from the 60's or 70's. The idea was that it was a monster movie where some tall ugly monster was resurrected and lumbered toward or stalked somebody throughout the film, and throughout the film, the camera would flash back and fourth to what was going on with the main character and the point of view of the slowly lurking monster. You could tell when the camera was showing the monster's point of view because the view looked like it was shot inside the monster's grotesque skull. Like there were two eye holes the viewer could see through, and inside the skull you could see blood dripping and all kinds of stuff.

The Creeping Flesh (1973) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068424/ although it's just at the end, not throughout the film.

EDIT: Go to about 1:27 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22srbc

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 1, 2020

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

This was a film I saw on TV some time in the late-80s/early-to-mid 90s, I was a kid at the time, so it's not too clear. The film was set in a 50s cinema showing a Plan 9-style movie and it would cut back and forth between the events in the mostly-deserted cinema and the movie that was showing. In the cinema there was some kind of monster that was quietly attacking and killing people. One of the characters I remember there was a woman with a really bad cold, and there was a running gag involving her trying to get rid of the copious amounts of snot she produced. At one point, it winds up in the drink cup of a couple who spend most of the movie making out.

The movie that's being played is an obvious parody of an Ed Wood film. I think it's about a young boy, about ten or so, trying to stop an invasion of saucer men or something. The film is all in black and white. There's several bits where in order to go somewhere, he just hops in a car (like a 1940s sedan) and drives off, but the driving sequence is always stock footage, so if he gets in while its dark, the driving segment is in broad daylight.

At the end, the woman with the cold ends up killing the monster by eating it (I think). One of the cinema staff looks on and says the 'twas beauty that killed the beast' line from King Kong and that's basically the end. The whole thing was just shy of being an outright parody, but definitely wasn't on the serious end of things.

Midnight Movie Massacre https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095630/

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Qubee posted:

I can't remember much about this movie except for one scene: some guy is tied up to a bed in an English(?) house, about to be murdered by a Russian. The Russian plays music, drinks vodka and has a knife ready to butcher the guy. Someone then walks into the house, sees the scene from the bedroom door, and promptly murders the Russian.

Another scene has this same Russian chasing after a guy, and the Russian is really badly beat up but doesn't stop. He gets shot(?) or hurt in some way, falls down, gets back up and continues chasing the guy. He's wearing some cool looking body armour / kevlar vest. He's real leak / skinny.

Is this one of the Bourne movies?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Comedy crucifixion scene, a long shot reveals the actors are standing on the ground in front of the crosses with their trousers down around their ankles. For years I assumed it had to be a mid- or end-credits gag in Life of Brian, but did a recent re-watch and it's not that.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Maybe 1951 Scrooge with Alastair Sim?

Go to 19:45

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jghpg

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Kosmo Gallion posted:

A film possibly from the '70s but set in 1800s France or Germany. A child was born and had no interaction with his parents or the outside world and lives as an outcast in some kind of hut. Possibly a film version of Kaspar Hauser. Sorry there's no details I was really young when I saw the first ten or so minutes.

How about Every Man For Himself And God Against All aka The Enigma Of Kaspar Hauser aka The Mystery Of Kaspar Hauser. 1974, directed by Werner Herzog.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Hannibal Rex posted:

A long time ago, I caught a few snippets of a Hammer-ish gothic horror film from the 60s or 70s. I mainly remember two blond siblings, boy and girl, who may or may not have been murderous and/or satanic. I'm not sure if they were children or young adults. The setting was an English country manor or similar. I seem to recall a stone bird bath in the garden. Maybe a murder with bow and arrow?

Maybe The Nightcomers from 1971? It's a Turn of the Screw prequel (with Marlon Brando!) and there's bow and arrow murder. Even though it's a prequel to Turn of the Screw, they made the kids older because of sexy stuff.

EDIT: Watch it here https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37rns4

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 16, 2021

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I thought it was return to oz but it's something else from that era. I'm pretty sure it's a kids fantasy movie where one of the characters is a frog man. Live action. That's about all I can remember.

I guess Hell Comes To Frogtown is out of the question?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

From 10-15 years ago. An assassin is looking though the scope of his rifle, and while he's looking, the target is taken out by another sniper. The assassin may have taken a first shot and missed, and then saw this after reloading. The target is some politico or something, on a stage at some sort of outdoor rally.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

Shooter with Mark Wahlberg?

Pilchenstein posted:

If it's not Shooter, I recall Vantage Point had someone being shot at a political rally.

morestuff posted:

Pretty sure that also happens in Jack Reacher

rodbeard posted:

I haven't seen it since I was a child but I feel like that was Assassins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins_(1995_film)

The synopsis makes it sound like that happens.

Thanks, good suggestions, but it's none of those, I know for sure I haven't seen any of them.

I figgered the scenario I described probably occurs in more than one movie...

EDIT: Urban environment with old buildings, European or old US city (so not Los Angeles, etc.)

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jun 2, 2021

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Re: assassin film-

Still not there yet. I've seen Grosse Point Blank and the Machete stuff, it's not them. And I've never seen Most Wanted or the Hitman films.

Arrgh. I know once someone puts out the correct title, I'll recognize it instantly.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Could the hitman film be "Most Wanted"?

Sir Nose posted:

I've never seen Most Wanted
Nope

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Sir Nose posted:

From 10-15 years ago. An assassin is looking though the scope of his rifle, and while he's looking, the target is taken out by another sniper. The assassin may have taken a first shot and missed, and then saw this after reloading. The target is some politico or something, on a stage at some sort of outdoor rally.

For all those that tried to help me out with this a few pages ago, I figured it out-- The International starring Clive Owen. Who knew there could have been so many possibilities? Thanks all.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Period piece or contemporary?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Lynch looks like David Koechner.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Richard Jenkins?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

ufsteph posted:

A movie I saw in a theatre…
- strong woman main character, her boyfriend buys something and says he was going to give it to her the next time she said something nice to him “and that was a year ago…”
- she loves the guy but realizes she has been taking him for granted

It’s right at the tip of my brain!
I think there's a scene like that in Erin Brokovich?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Us?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

gey muckle mowser posted:

This morning I watched Alligator (1980), and there is a scene near the end where the main character is trying to climb out of a sewer before a bomb goes off, but a car is stopped on the street above with a tire directly on the manhole cover so he can’t escape.

I know I saw almost the exact same scenario in another film recently but I can’t remember what it was. Might not have been a bomb, perhaps they were being chased and shot at? Something like that. Definitely unable to get out because of a car parked on top of the manhole cover though.

Pretty sure this happens in an episode of Kolchak The Night Stalker.

Alligator rules.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Happens in the 1988 Blob too

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Top Secret! was probably referencing this, which was still pretty fresh in everyone's minds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_gmZn9YlXs&t=62s

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Detective Thompson posted:

The Twilight Zone/Outer Limits talk about astronauts finding a similar planet to Earth reminded me of an episode of one of those with a similar plot. A couple astronauts land on a planet, but everything there is huge. I seem to recall them trying to get away from a giant woman, who I seem to remember was a babushka type grandma. I can't remember if they get away or not. I believe it turns out they're small aliens that look like humans that have landed on Earth.

Twilight Zone episode "The Invaders". The set-up is the woman is in a remote farmhouse fighting these little aliens who crashed on her roof. The twist is at the very end we learn that she is not an earth woman fighting tiny aliens, rather we're on another planet and she is a giant alien woman fighting earth astronauts.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

paid money to post posted:

I've got something that's been at the back of my mind for years. This would have been playing on something like Showtime, Cinemax, or HBO in the late 80's early 90's. Possibly SYFY early 90's. I saw this several times as a kid and remember loving it.

Details are foggy, but here's what I remember. Two scientists discover a caveman skeleton. They take it's finger - I think it was a pinky finger - and began regrowing it's flesh. They eventually recreate the entire caveman in a lab and bring it back to life. Things of course go terribly wrong and it escapes. He murders the scientists. I remember it ending with the scientist's corpse missing the same finger that was taken from the caveman, though my brain may have added that bit.

Googling this story, the only thing I can find is Encino Man or Bela Lugosi's "Return of the Ape Man." Which this story seemed to have ripped off with a slight update and some gore. And of course, color film! It may have been part of an anthology movie or an episode from a TV show. I remember it being quite short. Any idea?

The Creeping Flesh

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Mister Speaker posted:

Years ago someone told me about a movie - or maybe it was a short story, but I'm pretty sure it was a picture. The premise was that someone finds a mysterious pair of glasses that, when you look at someone through them, show you the last minute or so of your relationship with that person. Does this ring any bells?

This sounds kind of like an episode of Twilight Zone, but it was a camera not glasses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Most_Unusual_Camera

VVV :rolleyes:

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 2, 2023

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

A Maze of Clouds posted:

A scene from a black and white movie. Man 1 is hiding under a table. Man 2 and 3 are sitting on chairs by the table, along with other people.

Man 2 puts his hand on the shoulder of Man 1. Man 1 quickly puts his hand on the knee of Man 2, so Man 2 thinks he is touching his own knee.

Man 3 puts his hand on the other shoulder of Man 1. Man 1 quickly puts his other hand on the knee of Man 3, so Man 3 thinks he is touching his own knee.

Man 2 and 3 begins scratching and tapping (respectively) the shoulders of man 1. Man 1 has to scratch or tap the knees of Man 2 and 3.

There's a scene like that in "Knock On Wood" with Danny Kaye, but it's in color.

EDIT: This lovely filmed-off-a-tv-or-movie-screen is the only clip I could find:

https://www.facebook.com/theplacetobefordannykaye/videos/knock-on-wood-hands-under-the-table/1057469178011906/

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 21, 2023

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Abugadu posted:

Sci fi movie:

Long movie, space elements, they had a big fight at the end - they turn to each other and smile after winning, and then one of the main characters immediately gets impaled on a pillar and are hanging there.

OK I know Firefly was nixed earlier, but that's the show not the movie. So just to be sure... Serenity?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Sinking in that this is something you read, not film you watched. So, Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge? (Maybe you read the actual story, a synopsis of the story, or a description of the film of the story)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

froglet posted:

Meanwhile, my random movie I vaguely recall my mum telling me about that I am not sure exists: about a guy and a lady who shack up in a hotel (?) every year and have what was described to me as either a weirdly intense friendship or an affair. It was described to me as a comedy.

Same Time, Next Year