Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

So there's a movie I saw that I think takes place in a future dystopia kind of thing. The only scene I can remember is the main character (who I think is a cop?) goes to visit a gangster who has used his debtors as living statues. He has them all in hosed paralysis but with wires connected to their nerves and stuff so he can torture them. I think at the end of the movie the gangster dies but I'm not sure on that.

Sorry I don't have more to go on, it's a weird scene that came into my head and I'm curious what movie it's from.

there is a bit like this in the Riddick: Dark Fury short movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Riddick:_Dark_Fury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JordanKai posted:

I've been trying to find a film that I believe was mentioned in the Who Greenlighted? thread a year or so again. It was a South Korean film if I remember correctly, but it could've been Japanese (or a joint venture) as well. I believe it was a heightened reality action movie kind of deal, with a lot of gore and stylish editing (the trailer did, at least). It got a lot of buzz because pretty much every single significant name in South Korean cinema was signed onto it. I remember the trailer having all the names flash up one after another like it was The Godfather or something.

Not a lot of info, I'm afraid. Does anyone by chance know what I'm talking about? :shobon:

The Villianess? I remember that having some stylish action scenes, including one that was entirely in first person.