Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Trevor Hale posted:

Do any of y’all remember a cartoon which I believe was on Reading Rainbow of a boy who wakes up as a pet of a teenage dinosaur living in a world where dinosaurs are like people? My Google fu is failing me here.

Could it be “The Double-Disappearance of Walter Fozbek”? That was a “white whale” of mine for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Seyser Koze posted:

Thinking of an old animated short that my economics teacher showed our class in high school. It was about overpopulation and consumption of resources. The first part cut back and forth between the same looping animation of tons of babies being born and scenes of people fighting over the last remaining scraps of food. The second was a "how things could be" segment showing people doing sustainable farming and living happily.

If I remember correctly there was just music, no speech or sound effects. The people were drawn as purple shapes without any features, and there was this yellow/orange "god" figure watching everything and being horrified. I saw it in 2000, but I'm guessing the short was from some time in the 60s. Anybody remember seeing something similar?

This sounds like a short that The Ambiguity Program showed way back in January, so try asking them. Good luck!

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

oldpainless posted:

2 (I think) different movies with similar scenes.

A knife is thrown at a guy who stops it with some type of power and casually bats it aside.

Second movie is a knife is frozen in midair and someone turns it around in midair so when it starts traveling again it hits the person who threw it. Turning the knife is very hard and painful for the person doing it.

The “person uses telekinesis to stop something thrown at them” feels like a very late-90’s/early-2000’s action animated series thing. It for sure happens in “Batman Beyond” a few times. I also vaguely remember a (live-action) movie called “Push” where this might happen.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Hopefully this is an easy one.

A muppet and two humans are either entering or leaving a building. It might be a theater? I think the building was closed/abandoned or something, like they weren't really supposed to be there. The muppet is in the foreground, approaches a velvet rope, and unhooks it so he can pass through. Behind him are the two humans, who are talking to each other. The muppet is not part of the conversation.

Just a hunch here but, “The Muppets” (2011)?

(I half-jest only because it’s been a while since I’ve seen it. The humans would be Amy Adams and Jason Segel and the Muppet would’ve been that boring as hell new character they really thought we’d love as much as the established Muppets.)

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

EclecticTastes posted:

2. This was a weekend rental when I was about four or five, so, around 1994. It was a simple animated film about some generic cartoon forest critters (I think; there may have been more variety to the cast) and also a talking balloon (the only character I remember as definitely existing; my fuzzy memory recalls the balloon being either pink or blue, which I doubt is much help). My best guess is it was some small European/Russian film that made its way over here, similar to Samson & Sally (which I owned/drove my mother insane rewatching, though apparently it was Scamper the Penguin that truly traumatized her; they shared a VHS). It had that sort of flat, simple color palette that's the hallmark of cheap children's entertainment (though I recall the actual drawings to have been better than the likes of Dingo Pictures). Now, I vaguely recall there being some sort of covert alien invasion going on in the plot with the balloon as the mastermind and he gets popped at the end, but that whole bit could have been a dream I had after seeing the movie that has since just kinda merged with the film itself in my memory. Or, in fact, I might have just seen the box at the video store, had the dream, and never seen the movie at all. I hold out very little hope of finding the truth behind this one.

I am almost certain that this is “Katy and the Caterpillar Kids”.

The original “Katy Caterpillar” was a movie about a little caterpillar who’s anxious about turning into a “flying flower”. Then a wise old somebody-or-other (might have been the tree she lived in) gives Katy a book about butterflies. She reads it over and over and learns what to expect and gets excited. She weaves her cocoon, turns into a beautiful butterfly, and it’s all very cute.

So naturally the sequel is about an alien invasion. :psyduck:

E: It’s on YouTube! Skip to the 28 minute mark for an awesome hawk singing Almost-But-Not-Quite “Rebel Yell”. :goshawk:

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Apr 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Alan Smithee posted:

old cartoon, saw it in early 90s(?) and probably is around there, done in similar style to Schoolhouse Rock/Tootsie Pop Owl commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvFzOgK-V9E

the idea was this girl always cuts to the head of the line going "ladies first ladies first" (in the cafeteria etc) and at the end she winds up in like a safari and goes "ladies first ladies first" and winds up first to be put in a cauldron cooked by cannibals

Ah, “Free to be You and Me”.