Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Okay gang I don't know if this ones is a kid's oriented TV show or made for TV movie as I saw it on over the air television as a kid in the late 90s/early 2000s and can't find an identify this thread in TVIV. It's all live action and contemporary to that time or perhaps a re run of something from the late 80s or early 90s. I can't even remember if it was part of a Saturday morning block or not. In it a kid fakes being sick at home just because. Dad's at work and Mom's got to go to the grocery store or something so she leaves the kid with like the neighbor's phone number and stuff figuring he's sick and is just gonna be sleeping anyways. When she's gone he gets up and gets a bowl of his favorite cereal which is presidential themed, as in each cereal puff depicts the likeness of a US president. Thus far the kid has shoved every president up his nose except for 2 one of which is Eisenhower. The kid may have a small obsession with enlarging his nostrils this way too in addition to the goal of shoving every president up his nose. Since neither showed up in his bowl today he goes to play with the superpowered garage remote control that is his Dad's pride and joy and that the kid is not allowed to touch. It's kept in a gun holster by the door even and looks like a stereotypical remote: a box with a button and short antenna with a ball on the end. Very middle class suburbia goals here on the part of the Father.

He plays around with it trying to find a situation in which this remote won't open the garage door and does stuff like points it at a car mirror that's facing away from the door and it still opens. My memory of the order of events gets murkier from here as I do recall he has to let the meter reader in who is known for seeing the future in the spinning dials on the meter. For comedic effect the dials are spinning so fast on the meter they're a blur and the reader guy sees the kid with Eisenhower in them. Kid goes whatever about the prediction. At some point I think the garage remote gets destroyed and he has to quick find the spare remote which he does but oh no Mom's coming back down the street and the garage door's still open so she'll know the kid was playing with it and he'll be in trouble so his only hope is to bounce the signal off the plate in his Mom's head in the moving car to close the door before she gets back home. Which he does and the actress playing the Mom does a fake jolt as the remote signal hits her head. I think she gets in the door and the kid's in bed and no ones the wiser as to what the kid's been doing all day. Later he's allowed to have another bowl of the presidential cereal and HOLY gently caress there's Eisenhower, as predicted, which he puts up his nose and goes back to bed satisfied with the day and with his right nostril being slightly larger than before. Oh and the whole thing is narrated the same way A Christmas Story is, with older adult regaling asides for the story as you see his younger kid self actually living it.

A lot of words for something I missed the title card of as a kid myself and only kept watching just to figure out where the gently caress it all leading up to. The image of what was Eisenhower's head bobbing up in the bowl of milk still haunts me from time to time. In reality the prop was probably an oversized kinda creepy looking clay rendition of Ike because no cereal puff could have that much detail on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Raspberry Bang posted:

This is the episode Sick Day from season 2 of The Adventures of Pete And Pete

https://youtu.be/8nD62Tj_RFM

You are absolutely correct. I had the attention span of a gnat as a kid so I must have thought it longer than it actually is, hence my thinking it was a movie and not a TV show. I also must have been at some relative's that had cable and young enough that they put it on for me to keep me entertained and I had no other option but to watch or be more bored. Thanks for the quick answer!

I have one more guess for ruddiger, perhaps the player kid at the computer in the Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego cartoon got mixed into the memory somehow?

https://youtu.be/HKNwBwPx53g

(Around 2:48)