Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm looking for a native american documentary. It was on youtube at one point a few years ago, but I think the documentary was a bit older than that, probably shot in the late oughties and probably originally aired on television. The topic was mostly about deconstructing the native american stereotype, contrasting it with the reality that they're just regular people.

It was filmed by a guy who shoots documentaries, but I forgot his name. He's not as famous as the bigger names out there. He's a short, older white guy with kind of a dark and snarky attitude. It's not Louis Theroux.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Sorry, that's not it. The documentary I'm looking for doesn't focus on film as much. There's also more of the host paling around with his native american buddy.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

It's not that.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm looking for a native american documentary. It was on youtube at one point a few years ago, but I think the documentary was a bit older than that, probably shot in the late oughties and probably originally aired on television. The topic was mostly about deconstructing the native american stereotype, contrasting it with the reality that they're just regular people.

It was filmed by a guy who shoots documentaries, but I forgot his name. He's not as famous as the bigger names out there. He's a short, older white guy with kind of a dark and snarky attitude. It's not Louis Theroux.

Out of sheer grit and determination sifting through hundreds of native american documentaries, I finally found what I was looking for.

Inventing the Indian, by Rich Hall.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm looking for a particular scene involving a kung fu trope where a master holds something small in his hand and the apprentice has to snatch it. Usually it's a pebble, but the one I'm looking for involves a coin or a washer. It would've been a movie or tv show from the 80's or 90's.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I didn't even think to look there, thanks.

The scene I was looking for was from the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, from the episode Karate Koopa.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking to pin a specific scene to a vampire movie from the 90's or early 00's. A half-conscious woman is strapped to a high tech table in a vampire bar/lounge. Someone pushes a button and several long needles pierce her, siphoning her blood through plastic tubes into individual cups or wine glasses along the sides of the table.

I rewatched all three Blade movies this week but the scene I'm thinking of wasn't in any of them.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

bitterandtwisted posted:

The alternate wish-world episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC31mMQ8iK8

I'm gonna say it was this. I wasn't sure when I made the post, but when the villain said "welcome to the future!" I remembered a line like that being in it.

I didn't even watch much of Buffy at all, I just happened to catch a handful of episodes back in the day. That scene in blade trinity with the shrink wrapped homeless being harvested for blood helped me partially recall this scene.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking for what I think is a b-list vampire movie or made-for-tv movie from the 90's or early 2000's, I never saw the whole film and only remember this fragment. A female vampire is captured and detained by a group of young black gangsters allied with the protagonist. While the captors are aware of what will happen if they're bit, she taunts them into having sex with her, believing that they won't be harmed by the act. Later, when they are transporting her in a limo to another location, they spontaneously turn into her zombie thralls.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Xiahou Dun posted:

That's Modern Vampires (1998).

Surprisingly emotional performance by Craig Ferguson of all people.

Thanks. Yeah it looks worse than I remember.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking for two movies that use the same character gimmick, possibly based off some other work of fiction. Both are probably 80's or 90's movies. Both have a support character that wears a stone boot, because without it they walk/run too fast. One is animated, the other is live action.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Jedit posted:

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is your live action, maybe?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Eric Idle had iron balls chained to his legs to stop him running too fast in that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLU_GvlaTtI

I'm pretty sure this is the live action I was looking for, thanks. I am ashamed that I forgot Eric Idle played the part, or I would have made the connection sooner.

A Maze of Clouds posted:

This one has a guy who has to hop on one leg or he will run too fast https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fool_of_the_World_and_the_Flying_Ship

If memory serves Askeladden og de gode hjelperne had a guy with chains on his foot to keep from running too fast. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054638/

Neither of these are it. It was not a claymation or puppetry kind of animation, just a regular drawn one, or maybe an anime.

Though I was wrong about the live action having a stone boot, I am much more certain the animated movie I am thinking of had a stone boot. It's quite literally the only thing I can recall about it.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

"How The Six Made Their Way In The World" seems to be the root story, and that lead me to what I was actually looking for: Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics - The Six Who Went Far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGcvr8BRN7w (~5:25 for the guy with the lead boot)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking for a horror movie from either the late 90's or early 2000's. An alien or a mantis styled bug disguises itself as an attractive woman, lures men in with sex, then eats them during the act.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

Species

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Looking for what I think was some sort of crime drama movie or tv show from the 90's or early 00's. I don't recall anything about it except for the twist at the end: The real crime boss was a child, who was the son of the previous crime boss. The end scene consisted of some guy (probably the underboss) walking in on the kid while he was playing video games, discussing what their next move is going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Jedit posted:

It wasn't a twist, but Kick-rear end?

It's not this, too recent and I'm pretty sure wasn't a comic book movie.

oldpainless posted:

E: to clarify, I bring up Fifth Element as an answer to the question. I do not, under any circumstances, advise anyone to watch The Fifth Element

Well I do advise it. It's a good film.