Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I can't remember any of the details of the film I'm looking for except at one point on TV there's an an old black and white movie from the 50s playing about a giant radioactive bird swoops in and eats a soldier parachuting out of a plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I can't see anything on that list that I have seen, so likely it's not on there.

E: yeah it's definitely the Giant Claw.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Hard Target or Surviving the Game?

Goddamn I've been searching for Surviving the Game for years. My kid self was a fan of Mario Van Peebles thanks to Highlander 3, and I've confused him and Ice T.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It's not very old but Survive Style Five Plus has a man killing his wife and she returns from the dead several times.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Two action films I saw in the early. The first had a group of Arabs with machine guns and some of them were killed and fell in quicksand. This might have been from the seventies or eighties.

The second had a big fight in a graveyard between characters. One guy had a crossbow, another was throwing axes, another used a bow etc. There were some jobber bad guys two who had machine guns. It was a very Steven Segal esq style film, I don't think there was a big budget for this.

Edit: that should have read early 90s.

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 13, 2020

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Clipperton posted:

The Patrick Swayze/Liam Neeson movie Next of Kin has a cemetery fight, does that ring a bell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKulYZPitfw

E: just reading the wikipedia article and that cast is stacked

I think this could be it. A short clip I found does have one guy running around a graveyard with a bow. Thanks!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Ipissedmyself posted:

I'm trying to think of the name of this film. I'll give it a brief synopsis.

The story follows some guy with a wife and son and odd things keep happening. It ends with him fighting a sheeted monster in a circle of occult worshipers and it turns out it is his wife under the sheet with her son strapped to her back?

Cheers

I recommend everyone watch this film.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The Devil's Rejects has a famous scene in a motel room, and Otis Driftwood has grey hair.

Psycho 3 has a few motel scenes with Jeff Fahey, but this was before he was grey.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://www.allhorror.com/subgenre/motel

Here's a list of motel related horrors.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Possibly a kids comedy from the '90s.

A dorky kid who is getting bullied in school fantasizes about being dead and how sad everyone will be at his funeral. The fat bully is in tears at his victim's demise and cries "I threw his lunch tray at the wall... AND NOW HE'S DEAD!"

This line has stuck with me for over twenty years.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I can't remember any of the details of the film I'm looking for except at one point on TV there's an an old black and white movie from the 50s playing about a giant radioactive bird swoops in and eats a soldier parachuting out of a plane.

Can anybody help with this from a while back?

The movie with the giant bird I'm describing was The Giant Claw. I'm still driving myself mad trying to figure out in which film the characters were watching The Giant Claw.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Origami Dali posted:

Electric Dreams (1984)

feedmyleg posted:

Or TerrorVision. And for future reference, IMDB has a "Featured In" references section.

Thanks but I should have mentioned the film I'm thinking of wasn't on this list when I checked it last time.

It's a recent-ish horror/thriller film/show that I'm mostly certain I was streaming on UK Netflix. I thought it could have been It Follows. It's possibly the first episode of Locke and Key or The Haunting of Hill House, I'll go back and check.

Thanks for trying though!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

SolarFire2 posted:

This was driving ME crazy because I was watching this movie with my mother, and she talked about seeing The Giant Claw in theaters with her dad, who loved cheesy sci fi movies. Only problem was, I couldn't remember watching any movie with my mother recently aside from End of Watch, which it definitively wasn't.

But it was It Follows!

Jeez I'd convinced myself it wasn't It Follows and didn't bother to go back and double check.

Thanks!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm going to post something I put in the old thread a few years ago that wasn't solved.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I'm gonna ask for another one.

I saw this when I was a kid, it's an episode of Outer Limits or Tales From The Darkside or another sci-fi horror anthology.

There's these people who are keeping a monster in the dust chute of a hotel and they're feeding guests to it, throwing them down the chute. The monster looks terrible, like a flaccid dick with teeth. I think in the end it's "owners" get fed to it by the plucky young protagonist.

I watched it in the mid 90s and it was on straight after an episode of the Outer Limits where a scientist gets injected with nanomachines that evolve him into the perfect being (eyes start growing on the back of his head, becomes invulnerable etc). I've found this episode since but never came across the Monster in the Chute episode, I was certain it was Outer Limits but none of the episode recaps make sense.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Breed_(The_Outer_Limits) is the Eyes in the Back of the Head episode

It's isn't the Tales From The Darkside episode A New Lease On Life, nor is it the '80s horror Brain Damage.

This would have aired on Sky One in the UK one afternoon.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Hearts and Armour?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0086074/

imdb posted:

Bradamante, a woman wearing an invincible suit of armor, is travelling the countryside at the time of the Crusades. After ending up in the middle of a web of romantic and cultural tangles, she finds herself in love with a Moor prince, while one of the Christian knights has fallen in love with a Moor princess. Others, however, are against the cross-cultural romance, and Bradamante's love is soon forced into a duel to the death. Will she ever be with her true love?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

xutech posted:

I once saw a black and white british horror short story about a group of hooligans who end up in a magic shop. They wake up the owner and proceed to scare him until he offers to do a magic trick ~ he takes each man one by one and places them in a booth, then mumbles some magic words: the person in the booth disappears. At first they think it's a joke until the last one climbs in and they are all gone. It's intercut with creepy visuals of the games and clowns and stuff in the store.

It was a very creepy short and I only found out about it because it was used by someone to create a visual for a song they had put up of a nowave band's song. it was taken down before I could get more info, but it was called something like "what have they done to poor johnny" or something very british like that. All I know is that it was from some relatively obscure british horror/macabre short story compilation.

I wonder if anyone can help me find the name of it, because I'd like to see that footage again, even though it gives me the creeps.

Perhaps an episode of Armchair Thriller?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armchair_Thriller

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Supernatural season 1 episode Nightmare has a telekentic guy who kills people by moving knives through the air with his mind. He kills Aunt Zelda from Sabrina with one.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A film possibly from the '70s but set in 1800s France or Germany. A child was born and had no interaction with his parents or the outside world and lives as an outcast in some kind of hut. Possibly a film version of Kaspar Hauser. Sorry there's no details I was really young when I saw the first ten or so minutes.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A short scene in a recent film or TV show where a bunch of stray dogs are barking at a scorpion in the desert. This has nothing to do with the plot and is just a throwaway five seconds to establish the mood.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Highlander did this a lot with the mentors vs students dynamic. It could be Duncan killing his protégé Richie, but the way the characters are described doesn't really fit. Duncan gets possessed by a demon and kills Richie thinking he's Kurgan or some other big evil villain and deeply regrets what he's done.

It could also be a dozen different characters, older Immortals that inducted newer Immortals into The Game were very often beheaded by their own students who went on to become very powerful monsters of the week for Duncan.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I know this is probably from a hundred different films but I heard it somewhere recently.

Girl: I wish I could find a guy like you!

Guy: Well... what about me?

Girl: *laughs* you're so sweet.

Guy: :(

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Probably, but I haven't seen that.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Nevermind, I misread.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A guy dies and ends up in some kind of purgatory with his guardian angel who explains that he's due to reincarnate and begin another cycle instead of ascend to heaven. The guy asks how many times he's been reincarnated and the angel tells him and it's a high number and the guy is ashamed it's taking him so long. They're having dinner together and the guy is eating luxury food while the angel is eating some brown stuff that turns out to be dog crap when the guy asks for a taste.

That's all I remember, I think saw this in the 90s and it was a comedy. The angel was just a normal looking dude, no wings or anything and purgatory was a sunny park filled with joggers and kids etc.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

morestuff posted:

Don't remember the brown stuff specifically but otherwise sounds like Defending Your Life

Thanks I think this is it. Rip Torn is the angel/defence attorney. I completely forgot about the court case angle of the plot.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
From a friend:

quote:

Okay so there's a film somewhere out there where the main character lives on a dead planet all alone, the circumstances of how they came to be there and how the planet came to die is a mystery.

The main character begins to dream that he is a woman with another life on another planet, living in a futuristic, Bladerunner-esque city where he / she works as a prostitute.

The two worlds begin to merge together, it's super psychedelic and I can't find it anywhere.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Species or Under the Skin?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

I think this is actually one of the scariest shots in any Carpenter film, behind maybe only a few of the shots of Michael in Halloween. Just an incredibly haunting way to end a film.

Can you add some context to this frame? It looks awesome.

This is probably my favourite John Carpenter final scene

The ghosts of the evil sailors have previously been vanquished but they turn up one final time to wipe out a priest.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A film set during WWII. A kid has been evacuated to the countryside. He's complaining about having to walk home from the town back to the farm and tells the adult he's with "I can't walk all that way, I've got a headache in my leg". I saw this in the early/mid 90s.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

HookedOnChthonics posted:

what's the crime-comedy movie about a guy in small-town texas who gets caught up between a cartel and a good ol' boy gangster while trying to return drug money that his idiot small-time criminal cousin unwittingly stole from a pizza delivery guy, while being chased by the killer of his father (who turns out to just want to ask for forgiveness and ends up with the gay best friend of the main character)

This sounds like helluva ride.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Quinn is the best character in Homeland.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A scene in a 90s/00s TV show where man and some teenagers are sat drinking lemonade from a pitcher. The man tells a story about a murder in which the people killed were poisoned by lemonade. The teens gasp and spit out their lemonade and the man laughs and points out that he's drinking from the same pitcher so he's hardly likely to have poisoned that. I'm pretty sure this was an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Charmed or some other supernatural teen drama show.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Medullah posted:

Doesn't really fit the teen part but Justified season 2 had a similar idea and it turned out the poison was in the glass.

It's not Justified, I've seen that. But thanks for reminding me about such an awesome show.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Posting for a friend:

1st.

quote:

An Italian horror film, like a Giallo film. In it three men pin this one man up against a wall in what looks like a dungeon and they then savagely murder him and rip him apart.

I watched a video on YouTube of 10 film deaths, the music for it was black sabbath by black sabbath. It was around 2007 when YouTube videos had the blue screen with white font lists.

2nd.

quote:

It's an Irish short film about a man who takes his mum into a local town on a tractor and it breaks down while they're crossing the sea.

Thanks goons.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions but he says it's none of these films.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Gripweed posted:

I feel like some movie or TV show must’ve had a character do the Sherlock Holmes thing where they deduce another character’s whole backstory on first sight based on tiny visual cues, only to eat poo poo and get every part wrong.

Jonathan Creek episode The Letters of Septimus Noone has a dumbass Sherlock Holmes parody character who pulls this on Creek, asking him how his holiday to Croatia or somewhere was and then explaining how he deduced it but getting everything completely wrong.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It's been over two years since I posted this so I guess I'll give it another go:

I saw this when I was a kid, it's an episode of Outer Limits or Tales From The Darkside or another sci-fi horror anthology.

These people are keeping a monster as a pet the in garbage dumpster of a hotel, and they're feeding guests to it, throwing them down the dust chute. The monster looks terrible, like a flaccid uncircumcised penis with fangs. I think in the end it's "owners" get fed to it by the main character/s who might be guests of the hotel.

I watched it in the mid 90s and it was on either before or after an episode of the Outer Limits where a scientist gets injected with nanomachines that evolve him into the perfect organism (eyes start growing on the back of his head, becomes invulnerable etc). I've found this episode (https://imdb.com/title/tt0667978/fullcredits/cast) but never came across the Monster in the Chute episode. I was certain it was Outer Limits but none of the episode recaps look familiar so I'm leaning towards it being another horror/sci-fi anthology franchise, maybe Ray Bradbury Theatre or Freddy's Nightmares or Tales From The Crypt.

It isn't the Tales From The Darkside episode A New Lease On Life - when this was first suggested I thought it was correct but now I realise it definitely isn't - nor is it the '80s horror film Brain Damage.

This would have aired on Sky One in the UK in the mid 1990s.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

You might check out Monsters, a series from the people who did Tales from the Darkside. There is one episode about a hotel with a monster in the basement that eats people and another about a bed that eats people, though neither completely match your description. Was it for sure an American or Canadian production?

I'm fairly certain it was US/Canadian based. It wasn't any of the older British ones from the '80s like Tales of the Unexpected or Armchair Thriller, it was definitely "new" when I watched it.

Your suggestion of Monsters was good because this picture is very similar to the monster I remember in my head - like a really lame version of a Xenomorph chestburster

But the episode synopsis aren't jumping out at me. I'll keep investigating though because this is the best lead I've ever had, thanks

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A film where a guy constructed a gun made out of wood in order to sneak it through customs and hijack a plane. I saw this in the 90s on UK TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Chinook posted:

There was a disembodied head

Unlikely but could this be Asylum (1972)? The first story has a man murder his wife and chop her body up into pieces. He's then haunted when the body parts come to life and the head rolls into the room.

Also, Return of the Living Dead has a scene where a bald male zombie is decapitated and the head carries on living, but this thing doesn't talk.