Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linty Fresh
Oct 5, 2013
I saw a movie on TV during some creature double feature in the early 80s, and it's sort of stuck with me.

It was from the 60s or 70s, with a Hammer Horror/William Castle vibe.

The scene I remember was a coven of witches with one of the witches being judged. The coven called forth the image of a woman, and as the witch was looking at it, the image turned into a skeleton (This effect was super cheesy. It was obvious that the actress playing the image was standing behind a pane of glass, and the skeleton image was just superimposed). The leader of the coven--an older man--held up a baby's shoe, and the shoe was engulfed in flames while you could hear the sounds of a baby crying (Note that the baby itself was not shown). The witch being judged began to scream, and the rest of the coven attacked her.

Any clues? TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linty Fresh
Oct 5, 2013

Metaline posted:

The Witchmaker?

Thanks, Metaline, I checked the movie out on Amazon Prime, and it was similar, but it wasn't the movie.

Seriously, though, thanks for the lead. The Witchmaker was a good movie in its own right.

Linty Fresh
Oct 5, 2013

Linty Fresh posted:

I saw a movie on TV during some creature double feature in the early 80s, and it's sort of stuck with me.

It was from the 60s or 70s, with a Hammer Horror/William Castle vibe.

The scene I remember was a coven of witches with one of the witches being judged. The coven called forth the image of a woman, and as the witch was looking at it, the image turned into a skeleton (This effect was super cheesy. It was obvious that the actress playing the image was standing behind a pane of glass, and the skeleton image was just superimposed). The leader of the coven--an older man--held up a baby's shoe, and the shoe was engulfed in flames while you could hear the sounds of a baby crying (Note that the baby itself was not shown). The witch being judged began to scream, and the rest of the coven attacked her.

Any clues? TIA

I actually got my answer on another message board. The movie is Brotherhood of Satan.