Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

When I was young, probably ~8 years old, there was an advertisement for a movie on the USA network. I remember only one specific thing from the ad, but I've thought about it my whole life and I'd love to find what movie it was or watch the ad again. Here's all I've got:

Narrator says, "They say it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. It is!" As he says this we see a bride's reflection in a mirror. We just see her midsection. She brings her hand up and touches her wedding dress, revealing that her hand is a gnarly monster hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

happyhippy posted:

Reanimator 2?

Nah, this would have been something not nearly as cool as Bride of Reanimator. It was probably even made-for-TV.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

MachineryNoise posted:

Maybe an ad for Stepmonster? Here's a similar shot from the movie itself (should start at 1:01:44)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njKG0m1MPFg&t=3704s

No I don't believe it was Stepmonster. I don't think it had a comedic tone.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Calico Heart posted:

Maybe a stretch, but:

In film school I saw an experimental movie where the filmmaker had taken some footage from old black-and-white movies or possibly sitcoms). amd had re-edited it an incredibly strange way, running footage backwards and forwards and looping specific sounds and moments for minutes at a time. One moment that stuck out was a woman repeating "I love you" over and over again with the sentence being shortened each time until she was ust saying "love" and then eventually "vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv".

Yeah, it was weird, but I'd like to know what it was called if anyone has a clue.

Yeah this sounds a bit like Outer Space by Peter Tscherkassky.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

:lol: that's incredible.