Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Have one from a friend:

"Animated movie. Possibly anime, I don't recall. I saw it in 2001 on the Space Channel.
Okay, so there seems to be a group of people stuck in a city that they can’t leave, I think? The main character appears to be a blonde lady who keeps foreseeing her death. Blood pours out of her shower head in one scene, although the I think it turns into water she gets out. The other characters can see their own deaths as well I believe.
There’s also a creepy little girl who seems to ride on a large black panther who eats the woman in one scene. Like the woman walks into her room at night and she sees herself lying on a bed being eaten.
I THINK it had “city” in the title somewhere but it’s not Wicked City, although it felt quite similar tonally."

e: Solved very next post.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Apr 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Everything about that fits. Even found the panther scene on YouTube. I'm gonna consider it solved unless he gets back to me saying otherwise. Thank you. Goons really can find anything.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Could it be the Chinese movie Hex? It's about a man tricking his wife into believing she killed him so that he can dress up as a ghost and give her a heart attack. She then haunts him for real. I think I remember the ceiling bit.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm sure there's been plenty of times when people have posted a detailed description of something that turned out to be nothing at all like what they remembered :v:

I once asked about a live action 80s movie I saw and it turned out to be a 15 second bit from a Simpsons episode.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

site posted:

Okay I need help and also know that I'm not crazy, I caught this horror comedy movie on cable (I think on-demand if that helps) sometime between 07-09 and it was about these 3 bros who rent out, or somehow come to live in, this huge house they throw a huge party and I think there were demon girls that were killing people that the boys had to save everybody from?

Sorry if that description sucks but it's all I can remember and scrolling through wikipedia lists isn't jogging my memory

That movie sounds exactly like a mid 2000s movie I saw on VOD around the same time. I remember the women being succubuses but a google search isn't turning anything similar up. Was the party at a really nice house? Like multimillion mansion in the hills?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Animation (might have been anime) from the 70s or maybe early 80s where people (including a wizard) play cats like guitars. Saw it on YouTube a year or two ago and can't find it again.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oruorane the Cat Player [neko hiki no oruorane]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44YQvek1JZ8

Yep that's it, thank you

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

A friend is having difficulty finding a movie her dad showed her as a child.

quote:

I was no more than 12 years old, (1994), rented vhs from blockbusters, a man was either crucified or hanged and came back to life i think. it seemed like a western, it had what was either zombie cowboys or ghost cowboys. I feel like the lead might have been an identifiable actor but I'm not sure anymore. I'm assuming it was a bit older than 1994 but I'm unsure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

Sounds like Ghost Town from 1988.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095215/

The crucifixion scene might be a flashback to the 19th century where the bad guys crucify the town sheriff to a windmill and torture him before burying him alive.

:nws: due to crucifixion and face gore, I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMhT2Wv4ghs

The buried sheriff does come back to life briefly as a corpse and tells the modern sheriff to avenge his death and the town, which is supernaturally held captive by the bad guys until they can all be disposed of.

Edit: the movie is in English, not Italian. I just couldn’t find that scene in English :shobon:

You nailed it. She says that's the movie.