Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm trying to remember the name of 2 war movies I saw when I was a kid.

First on I'm not sure if it was set in ww2 or Vietnam. The scene I remember the most was a platoon walking thru a field and one of them steps on a land mine so they all start crawling thru the field using their knives to feel for any other mines. I e if the soldiers finds one and I think marks it with a stick so the others can crawl around it.

2nd one I'm positive was set in Vietnam and involved the soldiers on top of a waterfall and coming across th enemy that is below them. They end up throwing a heap of grenades down on the enemy below.

Any ideas? Both would be from the 80s/90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Hannibal Rex posted:

Kelly's Heroes has a mine field scene exactly like that.

I've seen Kelly's Heroes so that would most likely be it. Thanks :)

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Zogo posted:

Platoon Leader (1988)

That's the one! I remember the land mine scene too where the guy goes and pees while the other is holding it :xd:

Thanks, and thanks to the other poster for naming Kelly's Heroes too.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm not sure if this one was a movie or tv show.

It was a cartoon that was mostly set around 2 people (I think) that were stuck inside a futuristic city like structure that was protected by a force field or barrier or something along those lines. After a while they discover that there is another person in the place with them (I think), and eventually they manage to bring down the barrier/field and escape.

I would have watched this in the late 80's on tv in Australia. I am pretty certain it was a movie, or at least longer than a typical cartoon would have been at the time.

Not much to go on I realise, but I would have been less than 10 when I watched it.

And another movie I've been trying to remember the name of. This one was an Asian style movie set in I think WW2, that had people doing karate and using guns. It may have involved wirefu type action but I'm not certain. I most likely would have watched this in the mid to late 90's. I might be misremembering but one scene I think involved the group attacking some place and they used like a wooden board almost like a trampoline to run and bounce high to flip over a gun emplacement or something like that.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That sounds exactly like what I was remembering.

Thanks so much.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Trying to remember the name of a dumb action movie from the 80's or 90's I saw on TV years and years ago.

It was a movie based around a pilot and an actor flying a fighter jet that gets shot down, and then they get captured and end up talking to the "bad guy" who is also an American pilot that couldn't fly in America so he is flying for whoever the bad guys are.

I remember the actor was flying with the pilot as part of prep for an upcoming movie, and in the "movie" they were going to have a scene where he gets shot down and was going to have a big monolgue, but the actual pilot just says thats stupid you would just say "poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo". And sure enough that's what happens in the movie later on.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That's the one! Thanks

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Another request from me.

80s or 90s corny action movie, set around a military helicopter pilot. I remember he uses a flight simulator and they kept raising the difficulty and he kept wining/dominating. And then they told him to change his vision mode or something and then he was terrible.

They figured out a way to fix it by having him drive around in a Jeep with something like a periscope over his eyes.

Probably really obvious.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That's the one. Thanks so much!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I don't think I'll have any luck with this one as I've tried looking for it a few times in the past.

Caught this movie in the mid 90s on late night TV in Australia. Almost 100% certain it was an Australian movie. All I remember about it was it was possibly about a car salesman or a lawyer (both come to mind not sure which), and his wife who were swingers or becoming swingers. I remember there was a man the wife was interested in, whos name I have burnt into my brain as Mark, but not sure if I imagined it.

They host a party at one point that had a bunch of erotic style cakes.

I am trying to figure out if it was an actual movie or a fever dream :xd:

Also another movie from late night aus tv.

This was Australian, set on a beach I think over the course of a day focusing on different groups of people. Would have been set during the 80s/90s and the one scene I remember was a business lady ignoring her partner by being on her mobile phone, at one point while talking business with two different people on two separate phones she pushes them together so the two other people can work.

The partner in the end, finds someone else to borrow a phone off to ring her just so he could get her attention.

Edit: Found the 2nd one I mentioned. It's called Maslin Beach

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 19, 2022

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Freakazoid_ posted:

Looking to pin a specific scene to a vampire movie from the 90's or early 00's. A half-conscious woman is strapped to a high tech table in a vampire bar/lounge. Someone pushes a button and several long needles pierce her, siphoning her blood through plastic tubes into individual cups or wine glasses along the sides of the table.

I rewatched all three Blade movies this week but the scene I'm thinking of wasn't in any of them.

I've never seen it, but could it be John Carpenters Vampires?

Or Dracula 2000? I have seen that one but don't remember much about it.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

yaffle posted:

Think I've posted this here before, but I'll try again. It's a black and white Italian film, I've only ever seen the title sequence which is shot from a moving car which is following a person on a scooter around the streets of an Italian city. The music is a rather upbeat older song with a female singer.

I know its not what you are looking for but it reminded me of the music clip to In-Grid - Tu Es Foutu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXMV2RBQwiY

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I remember an underground bare knuckle boxing movie around that time. I remember the big boss guy ends up fighting the protagonist at the end, and during the fight he takes some punches to the top kf the head and groats that the top of the skull is the hardest part of the head.

No idea if it's what you are thinking of, but that's what popped into my head. No idea what it was called though.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Sounds like the original would be from "This is Spinal Tap"

No idea on the version you mentioned though.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Phanatic posted:

I distinctly remember a scene that shows the reprisals against the SS camp guards at Dachau. The US troops take the guards, like them up against a wall in a coal yard, and start shooting them because "they're trying to escape." The scene leaves it somewhat ambiguous as to whether the execution was a deliberate action or just one guy screwing up and firing for no good reason whereupon others start shooting as well until the guards are dead.

I believe it's a fairly recent film, not something decades old, and honestly it might have been in a miniseries as well. It's not Shutter Island, and it's not animated. Any ideas?

I recognise this, but I just cannot think of what it is from.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Trevor Hale posted:

I know this is going to sound weird, but Jim Belushi starred in a really good remake of Sahara

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114324/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_114

I watched it late at night years ago as it was the only thing on TV and I actually didn't mind it.

Never actually knew what it was called. And never bothered to look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Does on the train in the first Mission Impossible movie count?

I think that hapens? Using the stereo? Might be misremembering though.

Now with gun assembly, the best one is the one OJ uses in one of the naked gun movies :xd: