Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The eye color thing is fun because Rachael's eyes actually were brown in Blade Runner except when they're being shown on the Voight-Kampff machine. So it's not even clear that Wallace actually messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Has any actor ever had a career that balanced fun movies and serious movies and good movies and bad movies more than Brad Dourif? He's got the best career, as a total tapestry, of anybody I can think of.

Eric Roberts. He's got an Academy Awards nomination and multiple Golden Globes nominations. He was the voice of the cat in A Talking Cat!?!, then next year was in Inherent Vice, then the year after that appeared in Frank D'Angelo Sicilian Vampire.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Very fun that the backlash to "spoiler culture" has hit the point where you can summon a rant simply by suggesting that some movies actually do take good advantage of maintaining a mystery or producing a surprise reveal.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Also, encouraging people to drink and relax can only increase how much they're willing to pay for your slaves. It's a win-win-win for almost everyone involved.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

What are some great movies by directors who never made another great movie? I don't care about stuff like The Night of the Hunter by directors who didn't produce a lot, but more like movies like Training Day, where some middling director who has a ton of credits was never able to come close to the success of their most popular film.

L.A. Confidential (Curtis Hanson)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Shared meals are a common way to gather characters together, backyard grilling is an iconic image of 1960s American suburbia, which is the golden age of spaceflight and lots of astronauts live in the Houston suburbs, and it's a form of cooking that comfortably lets you center the male characters. Checks a lot of boxes, which I'm guessing is why I also seem to recall seeing it for a lot of meeting-the-team first act scenes.