Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Zogo posted:

The Shootist (1976)

Yeah, I never saw The Shootist but I'm not sure I've read a review of Gran Torino that didn't mention it somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

EL BROMANCE posted:

I believe it did, as I asked previously how known that was (as I was young, hadn’t seen the first one etc) and apparently it was completely public knowledge. What a boneheaded move.

People say this now but there is absolutely no way at all whatsoever that was ever intended to be a genuine plot twist. Both "Arnold's the good guy this time" and "Mind-blowing new villain" are absolutely vital to not only the most basic general plot description, but were the two major hooks for getting people to watch it in the first place.

I was about six years old when I first saw it and even then I could tell that the movie knew that I knew who the hero and villain was and those initial scenes were about generating anticipation over when and how exactly it was going to make the reveal, like "oh man, wait 'til these characters find out the policeman is actually the evil one and the giant biker with a shotgun is the good one, this is gonna be so good..."