Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Egbert Souse posted:

Mrs. Doubtfire is complete horseshit the moment you actually pay attention to how gross of a film it really is.

It always annoyed me that she said she was from London but was doing a really Scottish accent and that seemed fine.

Here's a thing - are there many American films where accent really matters? I specifically mean your American accent rather than an accent that shows you're foreign.
It always feels like other than southern ones nobody cares what you sound like, so you can be someone born in Oklahoma in the film but you've got a more north east voice and people don't give a poo poo.

Fargo is the only film I can really think of that shows a US accent that's outside the norm of New England, California or Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU