Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

EL BROMANCE posted:

John C Reilly has some insane range too. Doesn’t have too many bad movies from memory tho.

He's the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

when my cousin showed me dark city on dvd in like 2002-ish, he told me that his friends had said we should watch the intro sequence without sound

i remember thinking at the time that it was really dumb because sound is a huge part of a movie experience to me (also im not sure he explained it properly tbh), but im glad we did watch it like that

i dont think i ever saw the directors cut, can you elaborate on the pacing problems?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ah so kindof an Aliens type thing where the individual extra scenes are pretty good but they just make the movie longer and more detailed without adding characterization or nuance?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

If you discharge it really fast and put it in a closed system, it might freeze some small things. Haven't seen the movie tho

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Miller's Crossing is another 1990 one

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGHNA4wdKE

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Does the cut subplot also explain why John Candy warms his hands in Steve Martin's rear end, and why Steve Martin is so pleased about it when he first wakes up, until he realizes whose hands are in his rear end?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fwiw i roll up the paintings i steal, then shove the tube down my pants like a stiff leg

ever tried stealing a pool cue by walking it out? you can definitely do it with a classical painting. easier if you know a guy who can make distracting noise, but its not required

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Who's nic cage named after

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that actually makes sense

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Spider-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Leave posted:

Who makes the credit sequences for movies? Is there a specific job for being a credit-maker, or is it something an effects place slaps together?

do they even do it anymore? what with streaming cutting them off, and union reqs (a good thing in a vacuum) cutting them down to lists of names at the end? i assume its the same peopls who cut trailers a lot of the time. kiimo probably knows tho