Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

whos that broooown posted:

Notre Dame football has been dead for 30 years.

lol they win like 10+ games every year and were in the playoffs two years ago, most programs would kill to be that dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dilber posted:

I legit think we should either force them to join fully or pound sand.

like at least maybe make them sweat for a minute or something, say you’re going to take a vote of all the ADs in the conference

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

whos that broooown posted:

Notre Dame football has been dead for 30 years.

*Insert tired Manti Te'o joke here*

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...id-19-pandemic/

Junior College football will be moved to spring. I would imagine this screws up the transfer calendar pretty badly.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

MourningView posted:

lol they win like 10+ games every year and were in the playoffs two years ago, most programs would kill to be that dead

They're just good enough to give us some magical pure uncut turbocharged schadenfreude every now and then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4PXePExDL4

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

eddie lacy feasting on ND defense like they were china food

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

alabama brutally mollywhopping notre dame from the jump is probably the nicest thing they've ever done

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I fully stand by the fact that either UGA or Alabama would have turbofucked Notee Dame that year. One bad pass and Alabama had the honors of doing it.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

It was the one time since the saban era where we played someone in the championship game more hated then us. :unsmith:

Although Clemson is getting there

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

I fully stand by the fact that either UGA or Alabama would have turbofucked Notee Dame that year. One bad pass and Alabama had the honors of doing it.

oh absolutely

Alabama or Georgia's second string would have won that game

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That was my last game as a band member iirc. Hell of a one to wrap on, though the war crime we did to Sparty in 2011 would have been a good stopping point too.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

KKKLIP ART posted:

Oregon too, that was back during Peak Chip Kelly

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The gap between Alabama, the #1 team in the country in Bill Connelly's SP+ rating for 2012, and Notre Dame, the 15th best team in the country, was about the same as the difference between Notre Dame and San Diego State, the 60th best team in the country in 2012

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I forgot that game was Peak Horny Musberger too

all that testosterone and couldn't grow a mustache

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/lubrownwhite/status/1282689617427410945?s=21

it’s spreading

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

ACC cancelled their already virtual media days. Guess what we aren't getting this fall folks?

Also while i think ND should be forced to join the ACC, it's still immensely better for them to be tied to the ACC in whatever fashion they are than not at all. By that I mean they bring the $$$

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

dirty shrimp money posted:

Oregon too, that was back during Peak Chip Kelly

I’m going to even toss in KState that year because they were rolling and dropped a game at a really bad time.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The Notorious ZSB posted:

ACC cancelled their already virtual media days. Guess what we aren't getting this fall folks?

Also while i think ND should be forced to join the ACC, it's still immensely better for them to be tied to the ACC in whatever fashion they are than not at all. By that I mean they bring the $$$

oh absolutely, but nd currently has their cake and eats it too; in the one situation the acc could have forced their hand they instead roll over immediately before they even ask for anything

this is all purely academic though because lmao we're not getting football

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
JT Daniels is granted immediate eligibility at UGA, guess he lawyered up.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

dphi posted:

I mean everyone is sitting a season but it gives us options of Newman doesn’t work out.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

dphi posted:

I assume he started the process a while ago, but him eating a redshirt this year might be the better option

Because there wont be football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I assume he started the process a while ago, but him eating a redshirt this year might be the better option

Because there wont be football

it's not PlayStation you don't have to formally announce you're taking a redshirt before the season starts, you just get one as long as you don't play enough games

E: although actually he might have already used one last year when he got hurt

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 13, 2020

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

dphi posted:

All he needs to do to complete his assimilation into Georgia is to let everyone know he's going by John Tyler Daniels now

https://twitter.com/SamDCooper/status/1282716639591530498?s=20

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bama calls dibs on this year’s natty

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

All he needs to do to complete his assimilation into Georgia is to let everyone know he's going by John Tyler Daniels now

That’s... :dogbutton:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Remember, remember, the 5th Saturday of November

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Godzilla07 posted:

This is the guy that succeeded Sam Darnold

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I don’t have hard numbers for this but it seems like most of the white transfer exemptions seem to come through. Curious.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I don’t have hard numbers for this but it seems like most of the white transfer exemptions seem to come through. Curious.

Luke Ford left UGA to play closer to his literal dying grandfather. Applied for a waiver and was denied because he was about 15 miles outside the radius for the return to home hardship. He sat for a year and his grandfather died without ever seeing him play college ball.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Luke Ford left UGA to play closer to his literal dying grandfather. Applied for a waiver and was denied because he was about 15 miles outside the radius for the return to home hardship. He sat for a year and his grandfather died without ever seeing him play college ball.

Jesus. Think it’s money/legal rep then?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Because those dudes are more likely to be quarterbacks, the most protected and visible class of collegiate athlete, and have the backing to lawyer up which the NCAA has never challenged yet.

Daniels paired with Todd Monken and all the dudes that Georgia always has at the skill positions is scary if it all clicks. I am counting on Georgia's track record with 5-star QBs to bail me out here.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

To put it in Disney terms. QB is a Transfer Fastpass

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

Because those dudes are more likely to be quarterbacks, the most protected and visible class of collegiate athlete, and have the backing to lawyer up which the NCAA has never challenged yet.

Daniels paired with Todd Monken and all the dudes that Georgia always has at the skill positions is scary if it all clicks. I am counting on Georgia's track record with 5-star QBs to bail me out here.

Hopefully he will uphold the Matt Stafford tradition of throwing 75yd incompletions or 90mph fastballs off the shoulder pads of a Massaquoi for an INT.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Warbird posted:

Bama calls dibs on this year’s natty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s&t=43s

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Godzilla07 posted:

I got curious because "Luke Ford" didn't ring a bell. Immediately found a Chicago Tribune article about him getting his waiver denied. It mentioned four players (three white, one Black, for reference). Two were denied and two were approved (Two white denied, one white and one Black approved). Both of the approvals were QBs.

Plus, I assume there's lots of guys trying to transfer and get denied, but you don't hear about it because you probably wouldn't have ever heard of them in the first place. But you hear about QBs moving around all the loving time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

LeeMajors posted:

Jesus. Think it’s money/legal rep then?

DeAngelo Gibbs and Aubrey Solomon were the transfers into Tennessee last year. Gibbs was not approved while Solomon was.

Solomon was a 5* and lawyered up.

Gibbs was a 4* and didn’t have a lawyer.

Solomon was approved and Gibbs wasn’t

e: to drill this down a little more, Gibbs is a sophomore and Solomon a senior. Both were transferring due to playing time but Solomon had lost his starting job at Michigan due to injury from what I remember.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 14, 2020

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
How much of it has to do with what school they transfer to? Seems like a lot of the traditional powers get the transfers approved, while smaller schools don't. For example, still no word on Joey Gatewood because who cares about Kentucky football when Ohio St needs another 5 star.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

the standard should just be “approve the transfer unless there’s a very compelling reason not to” because there are almost no compelling reasons to not let players move freely

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DJax wants to break all of the records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Trump gonna lose Alabama after mixing up Lou and Nick Saban while endorsing Tubberville.

This is a real sentence for TYOOL 2020.