Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think she'd fall foul of Krakoa's ban on precognitives...but apparently she was already alive again before House of X in Spider-Man/Deadpool, so that's interesting.

I forgot, do precognitives have to just live outside or something? And how do they square that with folks from the future, or a future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How Wonderful! posted:

I forgot, do precognitives have to just live outside or something? And how do they square that with folks from the future, or a future?

I mean, Cable, Rachel and Bishop are just hanging out on the island with no issue, so I don't think time travellers fall under the "no precogs" thing. I also think the "no precogs" rule isn't an official public rule and is just Moira being pissy about Destiny setting her on fire that one time.

Are there any other precogs around? I guess that Tarot character, where's Layla Miller these days?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skwirl posted:

I also think the "no precogs" rule isn't an official public rule and is just Moira being pissy about Destiny setting her on fire that one time.
The future people can be from parallel/alternate timelines so not a huge deal. They're hypertimed in.

The precogs rule is more about them figuring out that Moira has seen them lose time and time again, and the endgame isn't lasting peace or mutant supremacy or staving off OmegaSentinels and the humans' tech supremacy making mutants redundant. It's all about the world mind technarch endgame and how to survive the massive machine intelligence that's coming for everything.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think there's also a strong element of Moira thinking that this isn't going to actually work, and they're gonna lose again, and she just doesn't want to be told that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Wait, the X-men are living on a weird mutant island again? What happened with Utopia?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gripweed posted:

Wait, the X-men are living on a weird mutant island again? What happened with Utopia?

Utopia hasn't been a thing for a while. The whole Avengers vs X-Men kinda put a kibosh on it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Utopia hasn't existed in like, nearly a decade at this point I think

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If that one Mutant island Magneto did didn't work out, and Utopia didn't work out, why are they taking a third stab at the Mutant island idea?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This island is alive.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gripweed posted:

If that one Mutant island Magneto did didn't work out, and Utopia didn't work out, why are they taking a third stab at the Mutant island idea?
Because THIS ONE WILL WORK GODDAMMIT

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

FilthyImp posted:

The future people can be from parallel/alternate timelines so not a huge deal. They're hypertimed in.

The precogs rule is more about them figuring out that Moira has seen them lose time and time again, and the endgame isn't lasting peace or mutant supremacy or staving off OmegaSentinels and the humans' tech supremacy making mutants redundant. It's all about the world mind technarch endgame and how to survive the massive machine intelligence that's coming for everything.

It's funny how often that potential future has been cropping up in Marvel the last couple of years, even in non Mutant books like Venom: The End

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*slips a piece of paper to Marvel EIC reading "four mutant islands"*

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Avengers vs X-Men vs Islands

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Avengers vs X-Men vs Islands

Magneto has a flying island.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1279531293617897475?s=19

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Her name is, creatively, "Tarot"

Coming up with new mutant names is hard. All the good ones are taken.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Alhazred posted:

Coming up with new mutant names is hard. All the good ones are taken.

Half by Kitty Pryde.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Half by Kitty Pryde.

She didn't take any of the good ones.

Also it's Kate now.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

And Tabitha got the rest of the bad ones.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

She didn't take any of the good ones.

Also it's Kate now.

Sorry I was thinking about costumes, not names.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

This is something more appropriate for the Industry Terribleness thread, which has already discussed this particular story a bit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

How Wonderful! posted:

This is something more appropriate for the Industry Terribleness thread, which has already discussed this particular story a bit.

I didn't think that guy counted as being in the industry anymore.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gripweed posted:

could you just for once in your life take the L

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

You literally posted a comic he is making.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Gripweed posted:

Guys I suspect this was a "joke"

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

(Super) dudes rock
https://twitter.com/thechrishaley/status/1280993497613508608

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

This is, by the way, without one shred of irony.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It appears so.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm reading Excalibur and right at the end of the Cross Time Caper, Claremont has Courtney Ross take Kitty out to celebrate her 15th birthday, get her drunk, and let her go party with a French jazz band on their boat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shot

https://twitter.com/JackKirbyMuseum/status/1279548407581990918?s=20

Chaser

https://twitter.com/JackKirbyMuseum/status/1279557011936550917?s=20

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That is unironically my favorite Captain America story. Cap travels through American history, inspiring the flag, and such. Being originally printed as a big treasury style book, it gives Kirby’s art enough room to feel like it’s going to jump off the page. Or that you’re going to fall into it.

You can probably find Captain America’s Bicentennial Battles quite cheap. Mine isn’t in the best condition, but it was $5, and it’s one of my most cherished physical books.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Marvel already taking liberties with Ultraman, his rear end is not that nice in the original series.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Marvel already taking liberties with Ultraman, his rear end is not that nice in the original series.

Even still, he's no Nightwing.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Apologies if this was already posted here or elsewhere, but the Comic Con online panel schedule has been posted. Everything is completely free, and anyone can attend, which is super-cool.

https://comiccon2020.sched.com/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/eds209/status/1283430195995840513?s=20

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

It's gonna be written by King so I expect that we find out Rorschach has a kid and that he he Sad About It.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Vincent posted:

It's gonna be written by King so I expect that we find out Rorschach has a kid and that he he Sad About It.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If Rorschach has a child, that means either Rorschach hosed or something even stupider.

Rorschach would not gently caress

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Please do not erase Rorschach's body pillow wife.

When they share a milkshake it just sweats into a puddle. Hrm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
DOES going to Wookiepedia the fu k out of Watchguys.