Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PurpleXVI posted:

I still can't get over the fact that everyone but Mictlan gets a troop upgrade for LA.

Think of it more like you get LA troops in EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Succubi don't wear armor because then they can't have their tits out. Simple physics.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'm only bringing this image up because the cropping makes it look like somebody is about to put sunglasses on the gelatinous cube from above.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dammit, I love Herne more than anything, but I also love LA Atlantis and was hoping they'd win.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Why does anyone EVER do diplomacy with Purple at this point.

It won Atlantis the game

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Congrats to Atlantis! Inuit Frogs are truly the future.

And before this gets shut down: what other Dom LPs are currently running?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Arcvasti posted:

There's a big spooky as heck disciples game with a lot of the newbad crew in it that Howareu was planning to lp. If they can stop getting probated for politics posts for a while maybe that will emerge soon. Otherwise I might have to step in myself, which would be unfortunate because my documentation is worse, especially for the early turns.

Eh. I mean, the early turns documentation feels less important. For one thing, a lot LPs of Dom have very good documentation for the early game that gets more lax as the game goes on, so for people who mostly read, that's the part they kind of get already. For another, the early game generally needs less explanation - scouting and smashing indies with little to no magic is pretty straightforward. Winning a battle by shoving your mages into a locker full of cold dogs or via using a battlefield spell that synergizes with another battlefield spell that specifically counters your opponent's bless (see: mictlan getting absolutely wrecked by arco in newbad1) is the part where readers really need help figuring out what the gently caress.

In terms of what I really want it's map clarity. I think I'm ahead of the curve on readers on account of having played any dominions at all, but I still only actually recognize like 10% of the nation flags. A 1 minute or so MSPaint "this is where I think people are" is more helpful than a dozen screenshots.

e:

PurpleXVI posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902681&pagenumber=1

As far as I'm aware, this is the only other one currently running.

Still, if people are actually interested... I may well LP one of the next games starting up. Sadly I didn't think to take screenshots from turn one for any of the recent starters I'm in.

Everybody here should read the clowns LP and EXTREMELY should read every single unit description of clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

PurpleXVI posted:

On the contrary, I'd say the early turn documentation is super important, because the decisions made during pretender gen and the early game, what opportunities to pursue, which ones to put off, who to NAP, etc. tend to shape the later game a lot.

It's more that, in the current trend in dom LPs, really the trend since the Gabriel Pope style fell out of fashion (was there even more than 1 LP that actually finished in that style?), early turns are heavily documented while documentation for later turns gets more sparse along multiple axes (less things are said about each turn, less contextualization about the import of what is said is given relatively speaking, and fewer players are reporting in thread).

From an outside observer standpoint, the things that are actually needed from the first year: 1. who borders who 2. who ate poo poo during expansion or is otherwise effectively eliminated. While its nice to get some buildup, a lot of the first year or so is pretty comprehensible to most gamers compared to the levels of nonsense that happen once people get decent research built up.

Really I'm just trying to reassure arcvasti that I'd read an LP by them even if they just go 'I woke up from a bender and it's a year into the pretender wars'

How are u posted:

There may be a new LP coming soon...

e:

Wow I am really glad I'm not a virgin living anywhere near that.