Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pythium, Serpent Cult
Hello! I am in this game. I am playing Late age Pythium.

Pythium are a splinter of Ermor (It's Rome backwards and with an extra r), which managed to get out before it collapsed into zombies. Late Age Pythium is is focused on the titular Serpent Cult, meaning I have lots of nature magic. However, we also have many other cults, meaning I get basically every magic path at low levels somewhere. This honestly isn't all that great. Sure, I have a 25% chance of getting blood 1 on a single one of my mages that I can't recruit in forts, but that isn't all that exciting. Do you know what is exciting though? Hydras.

These things are beautiful and I love them. We only get one per turn, only in my capital, and they are very expensive, but they are still big, strong, and have five attacks and a poison aura that just passively kills things near them. They also have regeneration, which is nice. However, their heads can get cut off, and it takes a while for them to grow back. That makes them useful and cool, but not something that people would build their entire strategy around. Except for me. Did I mention this was my first multiplayer Dominions game?

So here's my god. It is a snake, both because A) I wanted to keep on theme (what kind of serpent cult doesn't worship a serpent?) and B) I wanted water/nature crosspath, and the other two options were a human mage and a titan that doesn't really do much. Still, he's a pretty okay giant snake. Big, scary, has venomous fangs, and fully amphibious, so it can go underwater without penalty. It is nowhere near the top of the heap of giant monsters that want to expand, but you could probably do it okay.

But I didn't take it awake to expand, mainly because I needed the points for my blessing. I have quickness and regeneration. Quickness means that my sacred units (read: hydras) move and attack twice as quick. This means that in the same space a regular human (or my god) attacks once, my hydras can attack 10 times, and they are far faster than a giant snake-lizard monster has any right to be. Regeneration stacks with their natural regeneration, and hydras have a bunch of hit points, so that's even more nice.

That being said, having to take water 10 nature 7 costs a lot of points, so I needed to dump my scales. Only dom 4, order 1 (because I had extra points and wanted to have money), sloth 3 (because hydras don't need resources anyway), heat 3 (hydras and my god are cold blooded, so cold is extra bad for them), growth 3 (because money), misfortune 3 (because I needed the points), and magic 1 (because quickness needs magic one). These are no good, terrible, awful, very bad scales. They are not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Just checked, it is also removed from LA Pythium.

Now I just need to wait for someone to make a LA game with JBBM...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My snake was dormant, yes, since I needed the points.