Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
LA Atlantis is "gently caress R'lyeh" - the nation, both thematically and in its gameplay.

Also, it's crazy powerful, though in ways that mostly aren't obvious at first.

I'll just mention one that's visible just from looking at their units' stats:

LA Atlantis heavy infantry in cold 3 dominion are basically black plate infantry of MA Ulm, except they have normal magic resistance, more hitpoints, higher morale, better stats, magic weapons, and are amphibious, in exchange for costing a bit more gold and being prone to dying horribly in warmer climates. Since one of LA Atlantis commanders has sailing, and they start on a coast, they're surprisingly mobile, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I thought twist fate doesn't work on undead, if we're thinking about the same TC summon?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The parable of the militiaman was obviously pretenderist propaganda, meant to smear the brave antidominionist defenders of non-aligned lands.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

PurpleXVI posted:

I think it's a shame, though, like, if the game had some sort of spell for "repopulating" a province, i.e. a "RESTORE THE BALANCE" spell that adds a couple thousand pop to a province that's not a wasteland and is under 2000 or something, and/or if the Ermor/Lemuria expansion was kind of like the Necromancer event, where their growth produced valuable gem sites, then fighting them might make more sense, since suddenly there's a reward to equal the effort. Like instead of getting gold income provinces from fighting them, you'll get an incomparably rich gem income zone.

"Rebirth" mod does almost exactly what you're describing. If you have your dominion and growth scales over such a province (non-wasteland part included), you'll eventually get a "people are moving back in and nature is reawakening" event that restores some pop and income. I activated the mod as soon as I found out about it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

RBA Starblade posted:

This is a dumb question but in the battle summaries, what does the 'sword' column represent? It can't be number of kills, it never adds up to the other teams' fatalities.

It does. However, it doesn't care what kind of a kill it is, only that the unit in question is directly responsible.

Stabbed an enemy to death? +1kill. Poisoned someone to death? Not a kill. Exploded a summoned skellington that doesn't show up in the report? +1kill. Shot a friend in the back? +1kill.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
First gate is a fun site. Quite an eventful one, hehehehe.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

CommissarMega posted:

Nah, with all those bodies, there's got to be something for everyone somebody for everybody! :v:

:vomarine:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Prevents them from being wished away, too, iirc

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Me from the first newbad thread:

my dad posted:

I wonder if I'll ever see the reverse throne rush in an LP-d game.

Almost.. Almost... Nice to see it attempted, at least. :v: