Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
This is an extremely powerful pretender name.

If only the pretender himself were as powerful...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Gridlocked posted:

It's good to see Goon Dom5 community still alive. Is Nuclearmonkee still going, was so sad when he stopped uploading his vids.

He's still around, just hasn't gotten around to doing much video stuff lately. He whupped my rear end as Erytheia a couple months ago, even.

Worth noting that your cool sacred Daduchoi start in old age and thus unable to recuperate. Also that the Neter of the Moon doesn't actually have a head slot, so can only get up to Astral 8 without artifact boosters. Which is still a lot, but is not quite Wish levels, which is relevant on Erytheia because they can set up a pretty strong Wish engine if they want to.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Donkringel posted:

Does heat aura need fire resist to be paired with it to make sure your sacreds don't fatigue each other out?

Also taking your god imprisoned when you have a very scary blood nation... You don't have your incarnate bless and you'll be relying on shirtless dudes who can fight a tiny bit better for 3 years.

I'm glad to see the third LP running!

It does come with fire resistance ten. And yeah uh that bless is just asking to be invaded and dunked on. The +str and undying are actually sort of substantial on jaguars since their wereform has three attacks and the wereform double-dips undying, but jaguars really need more then that to be good, since everyone else has moved on to crossbows and heavy plate while they're still playing with kitties in the woods.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Lord Koth posted:

I'm guessing Atlantis because I'm assuming Lemuria was banned.

You assumed wrong, but miraculously no one actually picked them anyways. This is a highly virtuous group of players here.

Also huh that's certainly an Utgard pretender. The bless isn't bad per se, but also isn't very strong considering that they have real cool sacreds. Might also not be strong enough to let the big lady expand with, especially in the Age of Cavalry Everywhere. Larger is a really underrated bless in general, but is especially good on Utgard because they lose no attack density going from size 5 to size 6 now that the Vaetti have left. I would personally have paired it with Regen and worse scales though. E4N10 is surprisingly cheap because there are so many affordable E/N chassis', and it's often useful to have a real high nature caster too.

Utgard also just has good normal troops and mages though, so somewhat mediocre sacreds and an expander that likely dies on turn 3 should still allow you to make a good showing if you play your cards right.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Falling Frost is way worse then it seems because it doesn't pierce armour at all. In the age of heavy armour this is an especially big drawback.

Ironically, Falling Frost is actually good against Mictlan's low-armour, but mean and sacred, troops. At least if they don't have Blood Vengeance, that is.

LA Mictlan's "top" mages are also pretty bad in general. The Kings of Rain are H3s which is useful and can random B3 which is ok, but are otherwise pretty sad. I guess you can use them for the W-crosspath blood summons if nothing else.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Lord Koth posted:

...Why the hell did JBBM massively increase the cost of Ozelotls?

In general it doubled the prices of all blood summons, except for the mass versions at high levels that got a higher amount. It would be silly not to increase the price of some of the best blood summons in the process of doing that.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

I have to admit, I personally almost never recruit mercenaries, because I find it hard to think of a nation where I don't have something better to spend my gold on, another bunch of sacreds that can expand for more than two turns and won't be loving Urgek Beast Brother, or another mage, or a bunch of my normal troops which are almost always better than whatever mercs are up for grabs.

Lots of nations are not gold-limited for expansion and mercenaries give you something to spend that extra gold on. Especially on Ind this is a big issue because your capital gives you a ton of money thanks to the maximized order on it, but you can only make like nine sacreds a turn and so end up with absurd amounts of money you can't spend on expansion parties. Nations with heavily armoured troops like Agartha or Ulm have a similar, less extreme, problem.

Obviously you want an actually good mercenary band and not Urgek Beast-Brother or Victor's Villains though. Even just 30 spearman can double or triple expand, especially in earlier ages. Paying like 300 gold for three provinces you wouldn't have gotten otherwise is really good.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Technowolf posted:

Oceania is just gone.

Oceania never existed, we have always been allies with Eastasia.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
My guess is that Jomon's lateness with propheting is so they could give one or more of the Fivefold Signs to a real mage.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

I'm slowly realizing that I might be slightly boned this game.

Living the imprisoned double incarnate life.

There are also a few other LA nations which lack citadels, like Pan and Jomon. The best way to deal with that is simply to take citadels away from other people.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

...they become essentially uninvadable by any nation that isn't able to field a big undead/uneating force or a lot of nature mages to provide supply...

I won't stand for this fay boar erasure. 50 supply points per immortal pig unit is extremely real when you have small armies of elite elves anyways.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Loving this comical descent into backstabbing. Someone should totally take a break and deal with goat giants and blood shippers before they start to spiral out of control though.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Consequences of global warming vanquishing late stage capitalism is a bit on the nose.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Casting gifts from heaven into a big pile of blood vengeance sacreds is elaborate suicide, that definitely wouldn't have saved Pan there.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
The rising tension of Karl's blood empowers, where you mention each time that he misses the horror mark, is pretty good. And then revealing that the issue is that his paths weren't good enough is a nice twist.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Speleothing posted:

Not sure if the guy with a sword of swiftness (10w) and boots of quickness (10w) has access to water mages.

Honestly a major source of thug gear is killing enemies' own attempts at thugs. Those could very easily have been looted from skratti thugs.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Tulip posted:

I'm only bringing this image up because the cropping makes it look like somebody is about to put sunglasses on the gelatinous cube from above.

Gelatinous cubes have four(4) miscellaneous slots, so they can actually wear four pairs of sunglasses, rendering them the coolest unit in dominions.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Loving that one agarthan crossbowman in that last turn who killed the Abba with their elite sniper skills.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

wiegieman posted:

I think it's banishment against the whole ton of skeleton spam.

I'm pretty sure they're also casting Fire Storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

PurpleXVI posted:

Still, if people are actually interested... I may well LP one of the next games starting up. Sadly I didn't think to take screenshots from turn one for any of the recent starters I'm in.

There's a big spooky as heck disciples game with a lot of the newbad crew in it that Howareu was planning to lp. If they can stop getting probated for politics posts for a while maybe that will emerge soon. Otherwise I might have to step in myself, which would be unfortunate because my documentation is worse, especially for the early turns.