Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

People who think Curb is about Larry being right and the world being wrong are uh, insanely bad at watching tv, to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

grahm posted:

This, but I hope they have something positive they're trying to say beyond "wow this #metoo stuff is crazy huh." I don't have a ton of confidence that's going to be the case, though.

Oh yeah, its definitely not a very good well to pull from, but I also thought it was mostly handled decently in the first episode. The fabric situation for instance was funny and a good callback to The Sniffling Accountant. The groping incident felt much more forced to me (and also a little derivative of Homer Badman in the exact way the misbehavior came about), and was much less funny. But overall I really did enjoy that first episode, very funny. Definitely had a different directing style than earlier seasons though, I noticed more intricate camera work in the first half of the episode than in prior seasons (except nine a bit) and I think there's less reliance on improved dialog.

I still haven't seen the second episode quite yet, but "I consent" jokes usually fall in the same category to me as "I identify as an attack helicopter" jokes. That fruit hangs so low its rotting. But also I literally haven't seen the episode yet, so it could be one bad joke off a stack of good ones.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

while not responsible for her death it certainly was rude of Larry to steal flowers from the funk man's mother's memorial

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

larry was right about mickey

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Kaitlin and Cheryl look fine.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

its a sci-fi oriented season, just like parks & rec did

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

hey, albert brooks! wonder if he'll be a funkhouser

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

entirely in jeff's wheelhouse. he hosed funkhouser's crazy sister for petes sake.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i’d prefer not to say ‘angel muffin’ in public but likely would not be quite so dogmatic about it

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

larry invited a sex offender to seder just because he helped him with his golf swing, the klan robe thing is entirely within reason for him, he’s weirdly principled about things he shouldn’t be

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

The thing that's bugging me more about this season (and later seasons in general) than older ones is that Larry is very obviously in the wrong much more often than in the past.

this is something that people claim every season that i don't think is true. sure there are plenty of times were we can sympathize with larry, but there are also numerous situations were he is just plain a prick. take for example Denise Handicapped, one of my favorite episodes, I don't think there's even a second of that one were Larry is in the right.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Phobos Anomaly posted:

I mean he fires 3 chefs from his restaurant because he felt like it.

lol thats a really good season

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

it really is one of the best episodes of anything

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

plus it got a guy exonerated! everyone knows that story already but man wow lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

god picking an all-time favorite is hard. those ones you just mentioned are all killer. but also, The Doll. oh my loving god Susie in that one. krazee eyes killer, the freak book, denise handicapped. hey, i think this is a pretty good show here

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

still catching up on the season, but mr takahashi getting the umbrella in the end of ep 5 got me real good. also enjoyed the one with the tiny chauffer. not a good look at all.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

finished the season last night, really enjoyed it. i think the back half was a lot stronger—something even felt a little off in the first few eps and I'm still not able to figure out why that was exactly, but i think it really came together. tracely ullman loving killed it, and those last four eps were as good as the shows ever been

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

even the vase gag was really funny aside from Bill Hader's performance. Larry's reaction to the whole thing was very funny

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i preferred it to the fatwa season

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s the last but I’ll wait until I hear it from LD himself.
this. it’d make sense, BUT its also been the rumor during each of the last three seasons so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Richard Lewis looks a lot better in that clip than he did the last time he was on the show.
I thought so too. No way in hell is he actually playing 18 holes though