Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
i don't care if larry david is still making this show when hes 112 in a wheelchair and every other person has died, i'll never stop watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

tin can made man posted:

Jeff Garlin with a five oh clock shadow DOES eerily look like Harvey Weinstein, but turning that into a joke feels shaky considering that in the 00s they definitely imply that Jeff was trading sex for professional consideration. Susie even directly accuses him of such and it gets a mealy-mouthed half-denial from Jeff and Larry.

I kind of hope that this premiere was about putting all these Heavy, Modern topics in the forefront as potential season arcs, but the true plot is actually Larry going back into the restaurant business to spite a minor character from one episode, years ago

jeff and larry are pretty scummy dudes in universe, and they don't really make any secret of that to eachother

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002

Propaniac posted:

Curb got an Emmy nom for Best Comedy Series yesterday, in addition to casting and a couple of technical categories.

they give emmys for casting? curb shouldnt be allowed in this category. who in the fuuuuuuuuck is gonna say no when they answer the phone and larry david asks if they wanna guest star on curb?

they probably have to turn away more a-listers than you can shake a stick at. sorry (steve carrell or some other superstar type), maybe we can squeeze you in next season

Suxpool fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 29, 2020