Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

All these episodes are loving amazing and remind me so much of classic Curb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This was firing on all cylinders and was loving hilarious. Holy poo poo. How is this show consistently funny. My god.

I thought they would for sure have an audition walk into the glass but drat - so loving good.

Larry is a genius!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought it was gonna be one of Leon’s conquests.

Last episode was alright tho. I’m liking the last 2 episodes putting a twist on the credits song though. Hope it continues.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It’s a funny gag. Like I can never really muster the will to say “cute”. It’s just not in my vocabulary. I’ll never describe something in real life as “cute”.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ego-bot posted:

If I go into a fast food place and see a picture of a rutti-frutti razzleberry milkshake that looks good, I'm not ordering it because I'm not saying that poo poo out loud. I have some dignity.

Not wanting to call a dog Angel Muffin is the same thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-4yZT8sT5Q

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The loving Woody tantrum over grapes was amazing. Holy poo poo at being able to just poke fun at yourself like that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Larry has always been like this. Go watch old episodes. The only thing changing is their age!

Fantastic episode!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Larry trying to go back and steal the Perrier was loving amazing. I watched it again last night with my brother and it's probably the high point of the episode. Vince Vaughn is so drat good and I am reminded why I used to like him in all his old comedy roles. Dude has amazing timing and his winking and giggles are so loving funny. Also what a beast of a man - but apparently only 6'4? He looked like he towered over Larry and was huge in that house.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Phobos Anomaly posted:

This show is absolute dog poo poo. It needs a laugh track so I can tell when something funny supposedly happens. So far I laugh maybe 3 times per season. Larry David is a complete narcissist with absolutely no self or social awareness and doesn't give a flying gently caress about anyone around him. The first three seasons he's a complete rear end in a top hat to everyone around him and noone (except Susie, after the fact) ever calls him out for it. I mean he fires 3 chefs from his restaurant because he felt like it. And then half way through season 4 all of a sudden he's the victim and everyone around him is the overreacting rear end in a top hat. Except he's still completely unable to recognize social boundaries and just pisses people off the longer he talks, which is always too long. His friends are morons who never tell him to stfu before he says something stupid, and none of them attempt to explain or mitigate anything he says or does. And that's what really needs to happen. Someone telling this social retard to just shut the flying gently caress up, but noone does.

None of this is funny. It's just infuriating. The main character is an annoying rear end in a top hat, and shits on everyone around him with no consideration for them at all. Supposed to be funny right? He can never see when he's pissing someone off and just keeps on going. I'm sure that's supposed to be funny too. Can he just not understand when someone says "no"? Is the guy a sociopath? Is the show trying to turn a sociopath into a someone to laugh at?

Comparisons to Seinfeld are inevitable. George Costanza gets caught in the same kind of misunderstandings, but never drags out the situation with pointless monologues. He also has Jerry and Elaine to warn him when he's about to do something stupid. His story arcs are also interspersed with actual humor. None of which happens in CYE, where Larry is just the unrestrained social retard, pissing off everyone around him and being completely oblivious to it. Hilarious I'm sure.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Larry loving rules and I wish I could pull off half the poo poo he does and says. He speaks gospel.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I didn’t like the show until the episode where he accidentally trips Shaq. Then it just started to work and going back I loved it all. The pants tent was so relatable suddenly.

Just a masterpiece of a show.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love her little emphasis on the last couple letters on some words - I am not sure if it's an act or how she is. For example, she's like, "Wanna watCH ?" She does it a couple more times and it's loving hilarious.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What a loving roller coaster - goddamn, this is a top tier season!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The second I saw the pile of shoes in the establishing shot I was like, “oh gently caress Larry - you won’t!”

The only thing I didn’t like was the Mary Ferguson thing of being so enamoured with that guy she totally screws Leon. But I suppose someone going on a random trip cause of their name isn’t the best person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh drat - that's it. :( Christ, I thought there was more to explore.