Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Jeff Garlin with a five oh clock shadow DOES eerily look like Harvey Weinstein, but turning that into a joke feels shaky considering that in the 00s they definitely imply that Jeff was trading sex for professional consideration. Susie even directly accuses him of such and it gets a mealy-mouthed half-denial from Jeff and Larry.

I kind of hope that this premiere was about putting all these Heavy, Modern topics in the forefront as potential season arcs, but the true plot is actually Larry going back into the restaurant business to spite a minor character from one episode, years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Long "I am asking for your consent!" "I am giving you consent!" bit = unfunny, dated, tired, tonedeaf, and continuing to draw on the "women be caring about sexual assault" well which so far has been the source of very bad comic material in all of the two episodes of this season

Larry, with no foreshadowing, purchases a Viggo the Carpathian painting of Susie which she adores and naturally horrifies all other parties = hilarious, the good stuff