Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best and most effective lunch time?
high noon, fuckers
maybe 11:00 (aka tiffin)
2 o'clock
other?
i'm a huge rat bastard and i think taking a lunch is theft from my boss
View Results

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tell me what you think? sometimes i eat at lunchtime (ie noon) but sometimes later. sometimes earlier. sometimes not at all!

what's the best? when do i eat lunch to maximize energy and also make the work day seem shortest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

about 1pm

that way folks who're eating lunch earlier don't bother me, and folks (usually) don't bother me while i'm eating lunch

win/win

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

about 1pm

that way folks who're eating lunch earlier don't bother me, and folks (usually) don't bother me while i'm eating lunch

win/win

this works unless i want to eat by my desk and check out a cool documentary on youtubes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Penisface posted:

this works unless i want to eat by my desk and check out a cool documentary on youtubes

same but listen to screamo full blast out of my altec lansing speakers

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

10-2 imo

pram
Jun 10, 2001
whenever i want to leave for the day

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i take it at 11am so people think i came in early and dont bat an eye when i leave at 4 every day despite coming in at 9.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
now is the best time to eat lunch

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
best practice is to book your calendar between 11:30 and 1:30 for lunch every day.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i do lunch around 3pm

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
what why what time do you start your day

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

pram posted:

whenever i want to leave for the day

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i take it at 11am so people think i came in early and dont bat an eye when i leave at 4 every day despite coming in at 9.

The Management posted:

now is the best time to eat lunch

The Management posted:

best practice is to book your calendar between 11:30 and 1:30 for lunch every day.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

some surprisingly powerful answers itt. not what i expected. pretty impressive.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
the way not to take lunch is to use it to feed into your eating disorder, trying to seclude yourself from the job that you increasingly hate under the building stress of the work, binging hoping to stretch your lunch break out just a little bit longer -- maybe i'll go back to the cafeteria to get another dessert yeah! etc

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lancemantis posted:

the way not to take lunch is to use it to feed into your eating disorder, trying to seclude yourself from the job that you increasingly hate under the building stress of the work, binging hoping to stretch your lunch break out just a little bit longer -- maybe i'll go back to the cafeteria to get another dessert yeah! etc

better than this is to forget lunch entirely from excessive focus

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

later, after 1pm. makes the work day go by faster. also mix it up, instead of eating at your desk go outside sometimes

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
the pro move is to go full Spanish with this and go for lunch at 2pm and then work until 7pm

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
look at this guy suggesting those Lazy Swarthy Iberians work at all much less until 7pm :smuggo:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
11am because places are ready for lunch but there’s no wait.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
come in late, eat at your desk, leave early

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

my boss schedules all outings at this time, i hate it

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
i prefer around 12:45 or so but for whatever reason the team hivemind has settled on 12:00 sharp and even the people who brought lunchboxes or a sandwich or w/e usually come along for a short walk together with whoever's buying something to bring back to the office, so i usually tag along as well

i actually enjoy the company of my coworkers so it's no big deal

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i like 1pm because the rush is at 12 and you dont have to wait in line so much

on the other hand sometimes it's nice to be social and lunch with all the others at 12

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
work from home and just graze on junkfood throughout day

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

i go to lunch at 10.30 because i dont eat breakfast. this works well for me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i start work at 7.30 and go for lunch at 11.30 OP but usually i go to the gym and then eat at my desk

works4me

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

at 2 thank u op

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

theadder posted:

at 2 thank u op

your welcome.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

no thank u for this beautiful thread

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I get in at 1:40 and immediately go to lunch before the cafeteria closes at 2

Lately I've been leaving my backpack in my car and just taking my laptop so it looks like I was at meetings during that time

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I work 8-5 and take lunch at like noon and invariably when I'm onsite in the bay area I still have a tendency to get in early and all the motherfuckers just get in somewhere between 9-11 and leave at 6-8pm and I'm not pulling a loving 12h day dammit

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Penisface posted:

i like 1pm because the rush is at 12 and you dont have to wait in line so much

on the other hand sometimes it's nice to be social and lunch with all the others at 12

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

MononcQc posted:

I work 8-5 and take lunch at like noon and invariably when I'm onsite in the bay area I still have a tendency to get in early and all the motherfuckers just get in somewhere between 9-11 and leave at 6-8pm and I'm not pulling a loving 12h day dammit

the last startup I worked at the rest of my team would get in between 10:30 and noon then promptly eat lunch and play video games for a while and finally actually start working around 2. they used to give me poo poo for leaving at 5

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

yeah gently caress it I want my night free (to stare at the good screen)

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Silver Alicorn posted:

it's these two

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the thought of coming back from lunch but still having most of my day in front of me sounds quite hellish tbh. I usually work until five so that’s a non-starter with me.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

depending on the day you could probably pull off a 9:15a to 3:45p situation with an hour and a half lunch starting at 11a

your workflow just has to include running significant interference

_all these meetings_

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

the thought of coming back from lunch but still having most of my day in front of me sounds quite hellish tbh. I usually work until five so that’s a non-starter with me.

that's posting time my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

5pm? beep you sound like a loving cop. are you a cop? you have to tell me