Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

what do u think of art? personally, i'm all for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Vandalay? Hell of an importer/exporter.

beer pal

im not usually one to rank thingks but heres my personal art rankings for 2020:

#1 - "the written word" i just love to read lately. dont ask me why i just love to read lately.
#2 - film - theres just somthing about film that i like a lot
#3 - music - good to listen to imo. theres two types imo, music to "have on" and music to "listen to" if you get what i mean. anyway they're both good
#4 - visual art (pictures) - hmm i do like to look at things but i got to say they dont fully engage me at this point in my life like other types of art
#5 - performing arts (theatre / dancing / that sort of thing) - not really my think personally. no offence if its your thing its just not mine right now

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

he's alright imo

vanisher

this hot button topic will divide byob and start a civil war

ferroque

art has had a good run but i'd give it a soft 6 overall

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i think art is good, personally. thanks for your interest op

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

beer pal posted:

im not usually one to rank thingks but heres my personal art rankings for 2020:

#1 - "the written word" i just love to read lately. dont ask me why i just love to read lately.
#2 - film - theres just somthing about film that i like a lot
#3 - music - good to listen to imo. theres two types imo, music to "have on" and music to "listen to" if you get what i mean. anyway they're both good
#4 - visual art (pictures) - hmm i do like to look at things but i got to say they dont fully engage me at this point in my life like other types of art
#5 - performing arts (theatre / dancing / that sort of thing) - not really my think personally. no offence if its your thing its just not mine right now

beer pal

oh i forgot about video games. i dont want to start a whole "thing" about are video games are art haha no need ot go down that rabbit hole but anyway yes they are and theyre also good

vanisher

More like 'fart' am I riggt

vanisher

Actually contrary to my previous post I enjoy art

beer pal

a lot of philosophers wasted a lot of time thinking :chinstroke: what even is art? well i could have told them, its books movies music pictures theatre dancing & video games.

Manifisto

when arts & crafts split up u could really tell from art's solo work that it was kind of overrated

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

paul blart - mall cop

was it art?

yes.

Did the Blart part of his name make it more or less artistic?

it had no effect

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Heather Papps

hello friend

I'd give art a B+

beer pal

hmmm i disagree but i respect your right to an oppinion. what do you think art could do to improve?

Manifisto

I feel like art has some good aspects but also some bad aspects. also some works of art are good, and some are not so good, and there are even some which are a mix of good and bad. sorry if that messes with your head but I'm just being honest here, I wouldn't want to "dumb it down"

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

art never completed or performed this. it's really a result of incomplete assignments not quality.

I'm still pissed about kubla khan.

beer pal

but isnt art subjective? i swear i heard that somewhere once

vanisher

one mans trash is another mans art as they say

Manifisto

beer pal posted:

but isnt art subjective? i swear i heard that somewhere once

a subjective is just an adjective who enjoys being dominated, hope this helps op

ty nesamdoom!

beer pal

oh i thought we were having a discussion and instead your just making jokes. drat serves me right i guess

beer pal

anyway heres an anecdote about art:

you know that painting that's a pipe and it says it's not a pipe? well forever i thought it was just like "well duh its obviously a pipe and im saying its not so thats art babey" but then i realized... what its really saying... is that it's not a pipe at all, it s just a representation of a pipe. and actually THATs art babey.

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

three important points to be made:

1. everything is art to someone

2. enjoyment of that art is subjective

3. subjectives are dominated adjectives (off topic, needs its own thread, thanks for contributing though)

vanisher

beer pal posted:

you know that painting that's a pipe and it says it's not a pipe? well forever i thought it was just like "well duh its obviously a pipe and im saying its not so thats art babey" but then i realized... what its really saying... is that it's not a pipe at all, it s just a representation of a pipe. and actually THATs art babey.

:monocle:

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

beer pal posted:

whoa

DeathCrabForCutie
oh fuc-
Love me some art. Good art, bad art, bad art that thinks it's good, good art that thinks it's bad. I'm here for all of it.

Everyone should make art tbh.

sig by Pot Smoke Phoenix!

Manifisto

I was sure I understood aesthetics until someone told me it's spelled with an "ae" not an "as" . . . now it doesn't make sense at all :(

ty nesamdoom!

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
let's see: art, bart, cart, dart, eart... seems fine to me!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i'm pretty sure art is evil, and that poets live to mislead us

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

idiotsavant

Manifisto posted:

I was sure I understood aesthetics until someone told me it's spelled with an "ae" not an "as" . . . now it doesn't make sense at all :(

i understand rear end thettics

idiotsavant
what is a art??? a miserable pile of secrets!!!!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
a certain austrian dictator made art, something to think about

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Macnult

i love art and i think that there’s something for everyone to enjoy about it

Manifisto

Macnult posted:

whoa, don't cut yourself on that edge

ty nesamdoom!

beer pal

Macnult posted:

thank you. i knew there was another art lover out there. there are dozens of us! haha

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Art Linkletter taught us that kids do in fact say the darndest things!

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
I enjoy the subjective art of posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathCrabForCutie
oh fuc-
The only objectively good form of art is dipping your bare rear end into paint and scooting across a canvas like a dog.

Not that other stuff isn't cool, that's just the only thing you have to consider good.

sig by Pot Smoke Phoenix!