Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hello Everyone,

As you all know my Wife No Cook Good. The past few months she has taken to making broth, and leaving it outside in tupperware to "cool down" instead of using this refrigerator thing we have. Right now with it being Winter and fairly cold where I live I guess I think this is OK for overnight, but when it drags on multiple days and freeze thaws, I don't really wanna eat death broth and have it fed to my child. I usually claim "Raccoons" eat it if its longer than a few days, but I'm running out of places to hide bacteria broth in the yard. You can only dig so many holes on my lot. Am I over reacting, or should is it reasonable to not want to eat food that has been outdoors for 3-4 days freezing and thawing. Literally not a broth scientist, so hoping someone here is.

Also I would bring the broth inside if I noticed it the next morning, but lately its been fairly well hidden so the "Raccoons" can't get to it so I don't realize whats happened until i stumble upon Broth containers hidden by our table saw, etc.

So how long is too long to leave broth outside, sealed to the elements, but not climate controlled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rancid broth left outside will definitely not attract wolves.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dude, just eat the broth. Food doesn't go bad, it's just a capitalist myth to get you to spend more money on food bc of waste. ever seen a germ? oh yeah, its this Real Thing that Actually Exists b-but you just cant see it you guys, I swear it's there, it's just "too small" to see. Horseshit! That's the same poo poo weirdoes say to claim god or ghosts is real.

p.s. you're so worried about broth being left outside but where do u think food even comes from!!! literally OUTSIDE! and hey genius, guess where your loving fridge is... inside a fundamentally OUTDOOR house-- your house itself is outside and you're concerned that your food is being left in the same place your house and fridge is. give me a loving break, you freakazoid

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Rancid broth left outside will definitely not attract wolves.

Will it attract Coyotes? My cats been real annoying lately, and my chickens keep crapping on my patio. Maybe this is a 2 birds 1 stone scenario.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why don’t you just boil it down to stock and put it in the freezer? :thunk:

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
i'm concerned that your wife may be a Soup Succubus, or perhaps more disconcertingly, a Broth Banshee. have you contacted your local Cleric's Guild?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

This would make sense, seeing as when she boils down our vegetable clippings and chicken bones etc (I don't know if she refrigerates these or is literally boiling down compost, I would not be surprised) it is placed in tupperware which wont melt our freezer or fridge. I don't make the stock though and as noted don't really know it was made until days after. When I ask wife about this she yells at me that "ITS OK AND I TAKE FOOD SAFETY SERIOUSLY".

I have gotten food poisoning the last 3-4 times I let her cook so uh, I do the cook now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is...is she leaving it uncovered outside?

Also why does it need several days to cool?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I don't think you understand the difference between stock and broth

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Is...is she leaving it uncovered outside?

Also why does it need several days to cool?

No its covered in tupperware which makes it even more bizzare. Our fridge is pretty full right now from her Mother in law who likewise has filled it up with like, tons of random poo poo, so I think this might be some weird New Zealand Country Bumpkin food storage thing.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

eat the broth!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Did a well in the back yard and store the broth there.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Wamdoodle posted:

eat the broth!

I could stand to lose 20-30 pounds and some intestinal lining.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
OP if the temperature outside is colder than the fridge it will be fine. If there are raccoons in the broth you can eat them too, it's legal and safe.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bathe in it so you absorb it's brothy powers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Put the broth in a crockpot and then wear the crock pot when you go for a walk in the woods. Offer bowls of broth to any hungry travelers you meet on your journey.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

OP it is very normal in the great northland to put things outside in the winter to keep them cold, but that's normally stuff like beer or appetizers on holidays when there's no room in the fridge. your wife is weird. I would think that even if the broth stays below 40 at all times, the temperature fluctuations are probably not good for it overall

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Mooey Cow posted:

OP if the temperature outside is colder than the fridge it will be fine. If there are raccoons in the broth you can eat them too, it's legal and safe.

It has been cold this past week so I'm not as worried, but when she is doing this poo poo in September when it goes from maybe mid 30's overnight to the 70's in the daytime, or even in October/Novemeber which can go from below freezing here up into the 50s or 60s, I get worried. Don't want our 3 year old to get sick from whatever the gently caress would grow in that petri-stock.

naem
May 29, 2011

RocktheCaulk posted:

Hello Everyone,

As you all know my Wife No Cook Good. The past few months she has taken to making broth, and leaving it outside in tupperware to "cool down" instead of using this refrigerator thing we have. Right now with it being Winter and fairly cold where I live I guess I think this is OK for overnight, but when it drags on multiple days and freeze thaws, I don't really wanna eat death broth and have it fed to my child. I usually claim "Raccoons" eat it if its longer than a few days, but I'm running out of places to hide bacteria broth in the yard. You can only dig so many holes on my lot. Am I over reacting, or should is it reasonable to not want to eat food that has been outdoors for 3-4 days freezing and thawing. Literally not a broth scientist, so hoping someone here is.

Also I would bring the broth inside if I noticed it the next morning, but lately its been fairly well hidden so the "Raccoons" can't get to it so I don't realize whats happened until i stumble upon Broth containers hidden by our table saw, etc.

So how long is too long to leave broth outside, sealed to the elements, but not climate controlled?

there’s a pretty good documentary about this actually:

https://youtu.be/QrGrOK8oZG8

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ok OP listen to me carefully. The best way to maximize the life span of your broth is pretty straightforward but you have to follow these instructions exactly. OK?

First, secure the broth. Its your broth.

Then go to your local cooking supply store. Either that or Amazon.

Buy a turkey baster. Get a high quality one. Also make sure to get one with a high capacity.

Here's the tricky part: Take the baster and fill it up with with the broth. Have it be around body temperature (98.6 degrees)

Then insert it into your rectum and fill that bad boy up with delicious broth.

Thats it! Good luck OP!!!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RocktheCaulk posted:

It has been cold this past week so I'm not as worried, but when she is doing this poo poo in September when it goes from maybe mid 30's overnight to the 70's in the daytime, or even in October/Novemeber which can go from below freezing here up into the 50s or 60s, I get worried. Don't want our 3 year old to get sick from whatever the gently caress would grow in that petri-stock.

how else are you going to strengthen your child

Chinatown posted:

Ok OP listen to me carefully. The best way to maximize the life span of your broth is pretty straightforward but you have to follow these instructions exactly. OK?

First, secure the broth. Its your broth.

Then go to your local cooking supply store. Either that or Amazon.

Buy a turkey baster. Get a high quality one. Also make sure to get one with a high capacity.

Here's the tricky part: Take the baster and fill it up with with the broth. Have it be around body temperature (98.6 degrees)

Then insert it into your rectum and fill that bad boy up with delicious broth.

Thats it! Good luck OP!!!

I knew immediately where this was going and I STILL read this whole post

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
$10 says wife is trying to make a frozen broth husband to replace OP.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sounds like you're ready to shell out for a broth fridge

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Fuckin gross and dangerous as hell

Loser with shittons of food service experience posting here

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

why is the broth outside im confused should i be putting my broth outside?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

why is the broth outside im confused should i be putting my broth outside?

Why don't you just do whatever the hell you want. You make the loving rules!!! gently caress the police!!!!!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

broth brother

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Suck the broth directly out of my rear end in a top hat

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
E: double post

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im a radical broth anarchist

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

kazr posted:

broth brother

*takes a spoonful of broth, spits it onto palm, clasps your hand*

'born of bouillon, bound in broth'

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Did she recently take out a large insurance policy on you that specifically includes a broth related death clause?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drop the wife.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Soup to nuts, I think you need to take stock of the situation before you get yourself into hot water.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
What about bone broth

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

is hot dog water a broth???

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

More of a gravy really. :thunk:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

It's more of a byproduct

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RocktheCaulk posted:

This would make sense, seeing as when she boils down our vegetable clippings and chicken bones etc (I don't know if she refrigerates these or is literally boiling down compost, I would not be surprised) it is placed in tupperware which wont melt our freezer or fridge. I don't make the stock though and as noted don't really know it was made until days after. When I ask wife about this she yells at me that "ITS OK AND I TAKE FOOD SAFETY SERIOUSLY".

I have gotten food poisoning the last 3-4 times I let her cook so uh, I do the cook now.

You’re not supposed to put hot poo poo in Tupperware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

JK Fresco posted:

It's more of a byproduct
ITT we think of uses for hot dog water.