Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Boil the broth down until it turns into bouillon and then sell it on the stock market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

numberoneposter posted:

Boil the broth down until it turns into bouillon and then sell it on the stock market.

:hmmyes:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Broth status op? please I need it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
March 16th, 1937

We have left the camp. Driven out by the broth we now have nowhere to go. An unseasonable storm has rolled in and dropped inches upon inches of snow. There is no turning back. The broth has overrun our homes and now has spread into the forests beyond. We must reach St. Louis and warn everybody. We must.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
May 4th, 1937

We're within a day's travel of St. Louis now but the broth is unrelenting. Each night we make camp and every morning upon waking there is broth infiltrating our tents, our travel bags, even our shoes. We must shake out our gear each morning before we break camp. This morning we lost Maggie O'Hallaran to broth-shoe. We'll lay her to rest here outside St. Louis. She was a good woman and I'll be damned if we lose another to this broth menace.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

:f5h::prepop:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Wamdoodle posted:

Broth status op? please I need it

I opened the lid and took photos. At the dentist now though so when I return I can post for the broth experts to analyze.

It's a full liquid now and not gelatin like at all anymore so.... Think I'm gonna dump the broth and tell the wife it was moldy. This thing must have freeze thawed and gelled 7 times by now.

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
What the gently caress is wrong with you. Food preservation does not include exposing it to botulinum. Throw it out and stop killing trash pandas.

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

RocktheCaulk posted:

I opened the lid and took photos. At the dentist now though so when I return I can post for the broth experts to analyze.

It's a full liquid now and not gelatin like at all anymore so.... Think I'm gonna dump the broth and tell the wife it was moldy. This thing must have freeze thawed and gelled 7 times by now.

freeze and thaw cycles are generally bad for food quality and having your broth freeze thaw and refreeze 7 times will guaranteed make it taste like dog poo poo

you also dont know what temp it's thawing at and given that broth is a nutrient dense aqueous medium there could be a lot more growth than you expect during that time

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020
also cool your food from 140 to 68 in 2 hours, then from 68 to 39 within another 2

naem
May 29, 2011

how much broth do you consume weekly?? just, soup 24/7??

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
May 6th, 1937

The broth has beaten us here. There is nothing left. It's broth. It's all broth. Take pity on us Lord we didn't know what we were doing. We've usurped your role and now are left bereft of hope. We will continue east but one of the broadforms we found in the street upon entering this broth accursed city reads that New York City, Richmond, and Boston are being consumed by the broth. There is no where left to go.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Literally A Person posted:

May 4th, 1937

We're within a day's travel of St. Louis now but the broth is unrelenting. Each night we make camp and every morning upon waking there is broth infiltrating our tents, our travel bags, even our shoes. We must shake out our gear each morning before we break camp. This morning we lost Maggie O'Hallaran to broth-shoe. We'll lay her to rest here outside St. Louis. She was a good woman and I'll be damned if we lose another to this broth menace.

Maggs got off easy :(

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

:f5h::eyepop::fh:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

RocktheCaulk posted:

May 6th, 1937

The broth has beaten us here. There is nothing left. It's broth. It's all broth. Take pity on us Lord we didn't know what we were doing. We've usurped your role and now are left bereft of hope. We will continue east but one of the broadforms we found in the street upon entering this broth accursed city reads that New York City, Richmond, and Boston are being consumed by the broth. There is no where left to go.

I'm on the edge of my seat in both instances here

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
April 14th, 1937

We're headed for the Atlantic. There's very few of us left. More than a dozen people have been buried. Yesterday we caught James deglazing a pan with the stock. He'd been talking crazy for days but we never thought we'd have to put down one of our own. He finally lost it. God have mercy on our souls. It's only another two weeks travel until we hit the eastern seaboard but I fear there will be no one left by that time.

Myriarch
May 14, 2013
Poison it. Make a small sample and keep it lukewarm until it develops a large and visible mold, then add to the larger container so whenever your wife opens it even she will be repulsed. Add some limburger cheese or something for added smell.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

I opened it and it looked like this.

Wife has finally agreed that maybe we should throw this broth out.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Gath posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you. Food preservation does not include exposing it to botulinum. Throw it out and stop killing trash pandas.

Those trash pandas murdered my chickens, so gently caress them they can eat poison broth.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

RocktheCaulk posted:

:stare:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Looks like perfectly fine jerk sauce

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

RocktheCaulk posted:

crap I think Literally is posting from the future

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Give you ten dollars to lick it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

RocktheCaulk posted:

it is growing. evolving. changing. becoming... more

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Post me your broth please.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

RocktheCaulk posted:

Were you at the dentist to cure the broth-rot?

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

April 14th, 1937

We're headed for the Atlantic. There's very few of us left. More than a dozen people have been buried. Yesterday we caught James deglazing a pan with the stock. He'd been talking crazy for days but we never thought we'd have to put down one of our own. He finally lost it. God have mercy on our souls. It's only another two weeks travel until we hit the eastern seaboard but I fear there will be no one left by that time.

God I hope they made it before the broth reached the sea.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Jasus Christ posted:

Were you at the dentist to cure the broth-rot?

No just a typical hour in hell getting drown by a novice dental hygienist water boarding me with the pick thing that shoots water. Would rather have eaten the death broth.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

donate the broth to the food bank

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

numberoneposter posted:

donate the broth to the food bank

I've already clubbed this whole topic to death and even I think that jokes in bad taste (like the broth would)!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

RocktheCaulk posted:

I've already clubbed this whole topic to death and even I think that jokes in bad taste (like the broth would)!
there is a thread about chili and soup going on maybe you could contribute

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

numberoneposter posted:

there is a thread about chili and soup going on maybe you could contribute

Stop holding out and post it up

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

RocktheCaulk posted:

Taste it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Yeah right! There's enough botulism in there that OP should be charging people to inject it into their faces. Don't waste that toxin, OP.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
The broth finally got thrown out yesterday. It was joined by a whole bunch of rotting fruit. I'm the only house in Utah with fruit flies in January and the wife's been completely banned from cooking.

Edit - The fruit was all hidden because I banned her from composting because she doesn't do it responsbily and we end up with fruit flies, and low and behold I found it hidden and forgotten and now I live in a cloud of fruit flies.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

A live look in at the Caulk household

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

RocktheCaulk posted:

The broth finally got thrown out yesterday.

You're loving dead to me now

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

You're loving dead to me now

Yeah the saga of thousands of flies isn't as fun as the broth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

RocktheCaulk posted:

The broth finally got thrown out yesterday. It was joined by a whole bunch of rotting fruit. I'm the only house in Utah with fruit flies in January and the wife's been completely banned from cooking.

Edit - The fruit was all hidden because I banned her from composting because she doesn't do it responsbily and we end up with fruit flies, and low and behold I found it hidden and forgotten and now I live in a cloud of fruit flies.

I'm glad you're taking charge and cleaning up the wife's fly-ridden broth-el. I hope she displays more commonsense in future.