Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
There's an absurd amount of drama there suddenly, the timeline roughly matching SA's drama, and like SA, trans bigotry is a part.

They are having mass moderator resignations, firing employees for violating not yet published code if conduct, and reclassifying their creative commons licenses.

Best I can tell it started in SEChristian, which I guess exists, and a mod being furious about not being able to call people the wrong pronoun.

From there honestly I can't make heads or tails of it, whether the company is using it to gently caress the community, is it very vocal trolls, no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Oh and a lot of redditors are non ironically blaming this all on jewish holidays. Which seems to just be their hot take.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hot tamale

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Isn't it obvious? The stack overflowed!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Latch party? :thunk:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

If only they had an undercover e-spy stalking the bigotry discords they might have been able to disappear that SEChristian mod before things got nasty.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Whosa whatsa hows now?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Whosa whatsa hows now?

ShortyMR.CAT!!! There was a huge stack of... stuff... it overflowed!!! Mama mia as they say in the old Italiano!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
They've got too many stacks and they're.... piled high.

I don't know what Stack Overflow.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

people who could post in this thread with actual answers would be absolutely insufferable

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chomp8645 posted:

imagine four stacks on the edge of a cliff

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Everytime there is a function call it puts more data on the stack so it will overflow if there's too many function calls inside another

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Pontificating rear end posted:

Everytime there is a function call it puts more data on the stack so it will overflow if there's too many function calls inside another

I don't understand which disastrous goon project this is referencing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope it doesn't affect people copying and pasting php and javascript.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So like, I assume we're talking about some kinda website where some kind of poo poo happened?

Cool stuff, OP.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Chomp8645 posted:

It what you search for answers from if you don't know what to do in your computer toucher job or project

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

big nipples big life posted:

yeah if something bad happens to stack overflow my career is in jeopardy tbh

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

All i know is that they have newish management, so maybe theyre clearing house for a new administration?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tom Gorman posted:

I'll be a greeter at walmart if stack overflow is killed.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

big nipples big life posted:

They've moved on to copying and pasting python now

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
That's cool. I guess my only question is, what the hell are you talking about?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what a shock that an internet community consisting of 99.9999% white male nerds would be racist and transphobic.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wait, moderators get paid?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Bubble Bobby posted:

That's cool. I guess my only question is, what the hell are you talking about?

The website that houses the programming Cliff Notes for the entire tech industry is having some sort of alt-right moderation meltdown drama over pronouns.

And yes, it is as loving stupid as it sounds.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

ShortyMR.CAT!!! There was a huge stack of... stuff... it overflowed!!! Mama mia as they say in the old Italiano!!

Holy ravioli I canta believe thissa happened! Meat ball meat ball !

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Burt Sexual posted:

Wait, moderators get paid?

Of course. Maybe once you finish your internship...

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
didn't they start having this meltdown like a month ago? is it still loving going?

the last I heard it was the entire StackExchange network having moderation issues, not just SO

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

"You're highly qualified, Burt Sexual, and we think you'd be a great fit here, but you left a coffee cup in the sink after the last all hands meeting and we can't have that."

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

This drama?
https://meta.serverfault.com/questions/9569/part-1-what-is-all-the-drama-on-meta-se-about

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

Same, which is y I posted.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I have enough trouble trying to care about this forum's drama let alone another forum.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

There's an absurd amount of drama there suddenly, the timeline roughly matching SA's drama, and like SA, trans bigotry is a part.

They are having mass moderator resignations, firing employees for violating not yet published code if conduct, and reclassifying their creative commons licenses.

Best I can tell it started in SEChristian, which I guess exists, and a mod being furious about not being able to call people the wrong pronoun.

From there honestly I can't make heads or tails of it, whether the company is using it to gently caress the community, is it very vocal trolls, no idea.

Bringing up and fighting about the discrimination inherent in the current power structures is the zeitgeist of the current times. Some people think it's a good thing to do, some people don't and will argue endlessly about it.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Seriously

Maybe its the end times. Everyone is going nuts. Explains Trump
:shrug:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I think people were excited to dogpile SA and they got their acronyms confused and blitzed SE instead.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Stack overflow, more like overdrawn at the memory banks

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Vim Fuego posted:

Bringing up and fighting about the discrimination inherent in the current power structures is the zeitgeist of the current times. Some people think it's a good thing to do, some people don't and will argue endlessly about it.

Maybe there's a better venue for that besides the online cheat sheet for computer touchers and coders.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

1redflag posted:

Stack overflow, more like overdrawn at the memory banks

More like drama overflow1!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

man i will be sad if jeff atwood is a terrible person somehow

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!