Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
There's an absurd amount of drama there suddenly, the timeline roughly matching SA's drama, and like SA, trans bigotry is a part.

They are having mass moderator resignations, firing employees for violating not yet published code if conduct, and reclassifying their creative commons licenses.

Best I can tell it started in SEChristian, which I guess exists, and a mod being furious about not being able to call people the wrong pronoun.

From there honestly I can't make heads or tails of it, whether the company is using it to gently caress the community, is it very vocal trolls, no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Oh and a lot of redditors are non ironically blaming this all on jewish holidays. Which seems to just be their hot take.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Tom Gorman posted:

yeah if something bad happens to stack overflow my career is in jeopardy tbh

Same, which is y I posted.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Yes, except it seems like everyone's take is wildly different.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Is sechristian just some esoteric scripting language?

Best I can tell some pastor that may or may not have ever coded annoyed stack enough they let him open stack Christianity.

The drama starts with him having a melt down over "they". Which I get.

But now they're firing employees and a ton of mods are resigning in protest, and the pronoun stuff seems to be lost in the mix.

The computer touching bit comes in as the company is changing their open source licensing now, I think using the drama as cover but its hard to tell. Creative commons peeps are upset, but given how unpleasant most of those people are, the company could be fine and its transphobes using it as cover. Otoh corporations are pretty evil too.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
For me I'm not a computer scientist, I just need my drat data from olds computer stuff, I couldn't get it w/o stack. Seems like this is just transphobes though so everything will be ok.

Lol at resigning a paid forum got over they.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

gary oldmans diary posted:

its rather important to know if the mod was actually furious about it or if they are being portrayed that way by someone who is themselves the

They are very serious. Same person that managed to create stack Christianity in the first place. They non ironically argue having to use a pronoun is the company declaring support for the "other side". I'll see if I can find and post the like 6 page rant.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
https://christianity.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/6718/brothers-i-must-go

I will edit in quotes later. But agreed, it seems like it should hsve been cut and dry, not needing mass protests, resignations, and firings.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Small Gay Planet posted:

wtf is the intersection of alt-rightists and computer touchers closer to a circle than I thought

I have found Christian fundies and programmers to be opposite of the same coin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Except that's from the 2nd and people are still actively beibg fired/resigning.

Biohazard seems to be right about all this though...