Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

HEY, this loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jesus that sucks

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
it's been awhile since a celebrity's death hurt my heart and my stomach at the same time, this is so loving sad

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

it sucks more cause he got out of a horrible place and was finally able to do what he wanted

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
whaaaaaaaaat :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

In a small way I'm glad he was at least able to escape WWE and have some professional success, even for a few months. But it hurts so bad that he never got to have that debut pop in his hometown because of COVID.

His poor family. Man.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
holy gently caress that is just sad and terrible

fuckkk

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Oh my loving poo poo I feel indescribably lovely right now. I am loving...gently caress!

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Oh man, that hits hard. I’m so sorry for his loved ones.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

loving gutted by this. rest in peace big rig :(

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
drat. I always wanted to see him succeed. Way too young to go out.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm incredibly shocked at how upset I am.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Just found out from Sami Zayn on Twitter and goddamn this sucks. :sigh:

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

absolutely heartbreaking. brodie deserved to have another 50 years, and he could have been one of the big names in pro wrestling for as much of that as he wanted. only 41 :(

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1343024605406130178

i have no words.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Punch McLightning posted:

it's been awhile since a celebrity's death hurt my heart and my stomach at the same time, this is so loving sad

The last one for me was Hana and this one is loving me up in a similar way. Just loving awful.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Ganso Bomb posted:

The last one for me was Hana and this one is loving me up in a similar way. Just loving awful.

i didn't have a connection with hana then, just didn't watch stardom, but that story was so sad, just like this one. gently caress.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It’s unbelievable but I wish the best for his family. It hurts.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

mother fucker

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i cant loving believe hana, shad, casey, and brodie all went in this year. gently caress this year so much.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Brodie Lee post WWE never appeared in front of an actual crowd after being meant to debut in front of a packed hometown crowd, gently caress.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Jon's wife posted on Instagram that he had a non-COVID lung illness.

I feel horrible about this. WWE (unsurprisingly) completely missed the boat on him, I'm glad that he got to be a big star in a major promotion for a little bit. But Christ, 41 is way too young, especially with a family like he had. gently caress 2020.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This was only a supporting role but Brodie had acting chops as well, and probably could've carved out a nice little career outside of wrestling given the time.

https://twitter.com/darkskyfilms/status/1343024870393851905

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
One of the nicest guys i ever had the pleasure of working with/meeting. Even with our constant back and forth poo poo talking about his love of the Maple Leafs even with him being from Buffalo Sabres country, he always found the time to even talk to loving no names like me.

This sucks.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat that sucks.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
That's hard. That's really hard. It felt like he was finally in a position to show off just how great he was. Just gutted.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Dude was only 2 loving years older than I am. I'm going to get a loving physical now Jesus Christ. I didn't think I would be so upset that a pro wrestler I liked died, but goddamn I didn't realize how hard this would hit me. I always thought he was the most talented Wyatt and was happy that he finally got some shine by himself in AEW. loving God drat.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Was his last match the dog collar match? Because if he was sick then, he put on a hell of a show. And if he wasn't sick, whatever was in his lungs is terrifying.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

PotatoJudge posted:

Was his last match the dog collar match? Because if he was sick then, he put on a hell of a show. And if he wasn't sick, whatever was in his lungs is terrifying.

That was his final match.

He walked into it as a champion and he fought as a champion. Hell of a match to end his career with.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

not as funny as the new legacy one, but i hope dark order -1 gets his xbox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrXaG8otpQk&t=145s

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What the gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo this is horrible. His poor loving family, I can't believe it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I keep thinking about Brodie's kids. I was a wreck when my mother died. I wish them the best in this time in their lives.

Everyone here, let whatever loved ones you still have alive know how much they mean to you.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jesus loving christ no

Heartbreaking news.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
What the gently caress, seriously?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I was sad about this from the moment I heard the news, though it was Bray's post about it that broke me and had me ugly crying like a child;

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

PotatoJudge posted:

The thing about lung problems is they can put you on the ropes really fast.

Someone here was saying they were getting a physical, that is a good idea if it has been awhile for anyone.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

I was sad about this from the moment I heard the news, though it was Bray's post about it that broke me and had me ugly crying like a child;

Waking up and reading the news about Brodie was like a punch in the gut. But reading this, this broke me. Goddamn life is cruel.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Very affecting clip from his documentary.

https://twitter.com/bfg728/status/1343049186728497153?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

As someone who also has trash lungs, I wonder what it was. Pneumonia still kills the gently caress out of people pretty bad. :smith: I never heard a bad thing about him and that's pretty rare in wrestling. I always figured he'd get over like crazy and they just never did anything with him. What a waste. Poor guy.