Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bofuri - I don't want to get hurt, so I'll Max out My defense is an anime based on a light novel by Yuumikan of the same name. Our lead, Kaede Honjo makes a character name Maple who sinks all of her skill points in to vitality cause she doesn't want to get hurt. Turns out that ends up breaking the game in a nobody would think!

Series is fun so far with leads that are fun (Maple and Sally have a great dynamic) and the production by Silver Link has some visual flair to it. Plus it harkens back to my old WoW days to see Maple just break so many game rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ganbare Maple-chan.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This show got a lot better in the second episode. Risa adds a lot IMO

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this is good and fun and the production values have been better than i expected for a dumb comedy take on this genre. already more than makes up for the average abilities isekai sucking last season.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

it helps the staff seems to love the source where Average seemed like it hated the LN

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
lol noob ur just using a vit gouge build lrn to play a ral class your so bad

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
This is nitpicking but the translation of "kaihi tate" as "swashbuckler" is kind of bugging me. To me, it sounds like she's just saying "evasion tank" as more of a concept, but the translators seem to have interpreted it as an in-game class so they gave it a fancy name. Which I don't think it's supposed to have.

IE: She's using a fairly meta, gaming term which they translated as an in-universe fantasy term.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 16, 2020

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
This build's gonna get nerfed into the ground in the first patch.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Bofuri deez shields!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't BELIEVE the devs actually put DEVOUR in the game in this state and I will be UNSUBBING ALL MY ACCOUNTS until it is FIXED

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I read a lot of the WN of this a million years ago. I remember it being cute and Maple turning into a literal unstoppable monster as time went on.

It’s one point of MMO realism is Devs nerfing OP stuff for balance purposes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I'm glad the first tank to exist in any VRMMO is Maple.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Sindai posted:

I can't BELIEVE the devs actually put DEVOUR in the game in this state and I will be UNSUBBING ALL MY ACCOUNTS until it is FIXED

The OP part of her build is *clearly* paralysing shout. It’s what makes her functionally immune to kiting which would normally be her build’s obvious counter. Devs are clearly HACKS, putting status immunity in the game but only accessible to the vitality build that status effects are otherwise the one weakness of. 0/10 unsub.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

WTF Maple why are you eating that still-alive bug rear end-first you goddamn torturer

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

WTF Maple why are you eating that still-alive bug rear end-first you goddamn torturer

I’ve seen people do worse for stat bonuses.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I’ve seen people do worse for stat bonuses.

I've killed my entire raid group because I wanted to get more DPS in, I get that feeling.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maple will the the MVP in any raid without trying.

"Guys, how many times do I have to say this LOOT THE DOGS so we can dispose of the corpses before they reanimate, like Maple is doing!"

-stuffed cheeks, sound of a fork in a garbage disposal- "Huh? You're supposed to loot them first?"

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I'm not sure this show is good good, yet. But it did have an aboleth, which counts for something

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Ep 3: In which our heroine experiences the sorrow of patch day when you play a blatantly OP job.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Pouring one out for all the legitimate Great Shielder players that didn't abuse the system and now have to deal with new bullshit mechanics that pierce their defenses.
Just because the Devs needed to ensure that Maple is killable.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I think it's a percentage based penetration and only available on player abilities, so it's less of an issue for the others than it is for Maple.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think the idea is that you can never 100% block a hit through pure defense. You can still be chip-damaged to death.

I feel like you've won in an MMO when the 1.1 update (or maybe it's the 1.11 hotfix) specifically addresses your poo poo.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Yeah, it's totally a hotfix. They said it's only been a few days since the event. You know the devs are panicking when they pump out a patch that quickly to stop one person's build

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wasn't super high on episode 1, but these last two eps have both been really nice.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna probably need to nerf Hydra too

Fight scene looked real nice and Sally and Maple are a great team and also are a great couple

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i was not expecting this to be the show with the best looking action cuts this season

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The fight animation has been surprisingly good and consistent considering how much of it there is.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gonna probably need to nerf Hydra too

Fight scene looked real nice and Sally and Maple are a great team and also are a great couple

I loved that totally not romantic at all starlit dessert they had where the tasted the sky.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I really need the show to tell me how they can taste things in VR.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mr. Fowl posted:

I loved that totally not romantic at all starlit dessert they had where the tasted the sky.

Bofuri's glamour game on that date was better than FFXIV cause you can get color changed hair and eyes!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Maxwell Adams posted:

I really need the show to tell me how they can taste things in VR.

It's presumably some SAO-esque full dive setup. There's time acceleration, too.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 23, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This episode was amazing but the best part was the devs freaking out about Maple again

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I am very grateful for the devs' dumbass avatars.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
This show has been so good. It’s blown away my expectations for it. Maple and Sally have a really fun dynamic, and the action sequences are fantastic. It’s great seeing them keep finding new and exciting ways to break the game every time the developers try to patch around their bullshit.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

This episode was amazing but the best part was the devs freaking out about Maple again

have some more of them then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-6rIN8Xe28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cnFSxfkLjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxPbzgNXBo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm starting to think maple's sadism isn't just in service of doing well at the game

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Look who wouldn't want to have a flying Turtle as a mount?

Also lol at Maple learning Acid Rain for aerial bombing

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Ah yes, the real treasure was the friends we made along the way.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I liked this show, and then we got the devs freaking out about "loving MAPLE!" and now it's probably my #2 for the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Test Pattern posted:

I liked this show, and then we got the devs freaking out about "loving MAPLE!" and now it's probably my #2 for the season.

Seems kinda lame that they're slobbering about Mr Number 1 and Maple is the one they're worried about. Makes me think the devs are dumb nerds who hate fun.