Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
s o meone got shot over putting a dirty matress somewhere in 2019 apathy owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

You can physically and emotionally care for that one animal but you can’t claim you’re an animal lover overall, I mean you can but you’d be a hypocrite

Meat eaters just get all pissy about veganism because they know what they’re doing is objectively awful but don’t want to stop, it’s hard to see someone doing what you’re incapable of and having to introspectively look at yourself

Nah, I just really like eating meat.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Dell_Zincht posted:

Nah, I just really like eating meat.

how do you feel about animals, in general

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I've developed mixed feelings about eating meat as I've gotten older because I'm getting weirdly sentimental and I don't like the idea of killing things anymore. I grew up hunting and fishing like any other redneck dude, it was pretty much an expectation (like, there was something wrong if you didn't.) But if I'm no longer willing to kill things myself, is it still okay for me to eat things someone else killed? I don't know, man.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I don't get the no eggs and cheese thing. There are farmers markets where you can practically buy eggs from a chicken that gets kissed on the lips every day

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

do we have any potential words or portmanteaus that may become a slur for vegans, because if so I want to say it so I can be brutally cancelled in the future. tIA

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ho fan posted:

do we have any potential words or portmanteaus that may become a slur for vegans, because if so I want to say it so I can be brutally cancelled in the future. tIA

The slur for vegans is "vegan"

baw
Nov 5, 2008

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I've developed mixed feelings about eating meat as I've gotten older because I'm getting weirdly sentimental and I don't like the idea of killing things anymore. I grew up hunting and fishing like any other redneck dude, it was pretty much an expectation (like, there was something wrong if you didn't.) But if I'm no longer willing to kill things myself, is it still okay for me to eat things someone else killed? I don't know, man.

for a while the only meat i ate was stuff my father in law killed in nature. but then i stopped doing that

for me it's all about the demand you create in your consumption. so if over the next few decades, my portion of wild boar equals one wild boar, and my father in law therefore doesnt kill one of the boars that he would have killed otherwise, then ipso facto fucko i save a wild boar

baw
Nov 5, 2008

*carefully re-assembling three years of uneaten wild boar portions into a wild boar and hooking it up to a lightning rod*

this will work

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
wild boars are, more often than not, just regular rear end pigs that have gone feral, and are an insanely invasive species that have been introduced specifically for sport hunting by a series of idiots who wanted to make money off dumb hunters who wanted to shoot poo poo from a helicopter because it makes them feel rich

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

JK Fresco posted:

The slur for vegans is "vegan"

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Gulping Again posted:

wild boars are, more often than not, just regular rear end pigs that have gone feral, and are an insanely invasive species that have been introduced specifically for sport hunting by a series of idiots who wanted to make money off dumb hunters who wanted to shoot poo poo from a helicopter because it makes them feel rich

i don't know about the history of wild boars where i live (northern italy) but they use dogs instead of helicopters and sometiems the dogs die which is sad

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

baw posted:

i don't know about the history of wild boars where i live (northern italy) but they use dogs instead of helicopters and sometiems the dogs die which is sad

this is mostly an american phenomenon but i can see it happening in italy due to lack of real oversight thanks to not having a functioning government since before English was a real language

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Gulping Again posted:

Are there cases where they were added intentionally as a fun thing to shoot? If so, that makes sense, boar seems like the most night-visioned at of all large game. The dudes spending all that money to shoot at them usually have a very strange hero complex as well

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Real Mean Queen posted:

Are there cases where they were added intentionally as a fun thing to shoot? If so, that makes sense, boar seems like the most night-visioned at of all large game. The dudes spending all that money to shoot at them usually have a very strange hero complex as well

That is the only reason they were ever intentionally introduced.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Gulping Again posted:

That is the only reason they were ever intentionally introduced.

I’m gonna open up a vertically integrated business where I both offer bedbug solutions and inflict bedbug problems. Once I have that going, I’m going to spin it off into a reality show where me and my cool tactical friends go attack the offspring of the bed bugs that I dumped onto the carpets and into the linens of the more easily broken into apartments mere weeks before. It’ll be called Bedbug Badasses and it’ll be on the Paramount Network right after bar rescue and everyone will be wearing camo

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Gulping Again posted:

someone in this scenario needs eating, and it aint the piggies

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
The introduction of feral hogs for sport hunting has gotten bad enough that people have actually considered the employment of biological weapons against them.

Remember Kudzu?

Imagine if Kudzu weighed half a ton and could literally eat unattended pets and children.

In summary everything is stupid

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Gulping Again posted:

The introduction of feral hogs for sport hunting has gotten bad enough that people have actually considered the employment of biological weapons against them.

Remember Kudzu?

Imagine if Kudzu weighed half a ton and could literally eat unattended pets and children.

In summary everything is stupid

baw
Nov 5, 2008

taking advantage of their final months of being allowed to own the vegans

https://twitter.com/kevinstewartgsy/status/1219207641311928326

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

What the gently caress did you do to that piece of meat, Kevin. You motherfucker you didn't even sear it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Honky Dong Country posted:

What the gently caress did you do to that piece of meat, Kevin. You motherfucker you didn't even sear it.

It looks boiled

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That slab of tasteless flesh made me vomit in my mouth a little.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That poor cow didn't deserve to die for this loving travesty, it's a culinary crime I tell you what.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
That hunk of meat just needs some ketchup and it's steak Presidential style

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Jfc it looks like a piece of fossilized wood

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Here is a nice recipe for a vegan dessert that everyone can enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guNk3Pr_Iws

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

im yet to have a vegan pastry like a brownie or cookie or cake bite that isnt super dry and lacking in moistness, and every time i get told "no, no THIS one is really good" and i am betrayed again by a lack of milk and eggs as i turn into a dehydrated skeleton with a mouth full of desert sand

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

im yet to have a vegan pastry like a brownie or cookie or cake bite that isnt super dry and lacking in moistness, and every time i get told "no, no THIS one is really good" and i am betrayed again by a lack of milk and eggs as i turn into a dehydrated skeleton with a mouth full of desert sand

you need to try a good one

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

baw posted:

how do you feel about animals, in general

I have a pet dog.

I have no problems eating beef because I have no emotional attachment to cows. Ditto sheep and pigs. I don't think that makes me a monster or unable to love other animals.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

baw posted:

you need to try a good one

fool me 12 times shame on you, fool me 13 times shame on me

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the morningstar hot dogs are on point, but the chicken still tastes like wet newspaper

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

hawowanlawow posted:

the morningstar hot dogs are on point, but the chicken still tastes like wet newspaper

sounds like an accurate imitation of chicken.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Clawtopsy posted:

think that's bad, i once had a vegan roommate who had a 'raw food' phase and made me try her 'raw carrot cake'. lord forgive me.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I tried vegan 'cheese' one time and it made me so sad that I'm still sad to this very day

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

I tried vegan 'cheese' one time and it made me so sad that I'm still sad to this very day

Don't look at that "steak" a little up the page it will crush your soul.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

All the animals I love eat other animals.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
There are so many brands of faux-meat burgers now. Which one is the best? Beyond meat? Impossible meat? Kroger's knockoff brand?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It is the way of nature that animals get eaten by other, better animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Beyond is pretty good imo