Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hitler

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ask for it.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
They killed all their gays. Oh wait no, that was FYAD.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

LOL, I worked for SAP a while ago, it got kinda weird when one of their founders talked to the media about how his dad was part of the Nazis or something. They're also HQ’d in Waldorf which is like a nothing town. The quarterly meetings with the Board and the Works Council was loving wild.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

BeefThief posted:

i saw a german lady drop a weisswurst on the ground boy she was a real sauer kraut after that lemme tell ya

it probably wasn't the wurst day of her life

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Grauzone were Swiss and I don't think you'll make any friends in either country getting that confused.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Grauzone were Swiss and I don't think you'll make any friends in either country getting that confused.

What??? Then why did Eisbrecher cover them? Just to confuse and embarrass me?

kare
Mar 19, 2002

They're from Switzerland

Edit: beaten

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

it probably wasn't the wurst day of her life

You never saw such a sad lady.

Saw such...sau sage... is this thing on?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Is the poo shelf literally for inspecting your poo poo, or does it serve some practical plumbing related purpose.

I'm not going to google anything with the words "german" and "poo" in it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

It’s to check for gut parasites, iirc

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Stex T posted:

Also the Peace of Westphalia that has arbitrarily divided the human race and has been the main impetus for warfare from the Reformation into the 21st Century.

Thanks a lot, Westphalia.

Eh, the Peace of Westphalia was significant but not to the extent people say it was. Things had been trending in that direction for a long time.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Also, say what you will but at least they had the decency to make the 30 Years' War end after 30 years, unlike those English/French jerks and their 100 Years' War.

naem
May 29, 2011

we are working on 30 straight years of war here in ‘Merica ourselves

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Israelis did it only six days.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Eh, the Peace of Westphalia was significant but not to the extent people say it was. Things had been trending in that direction for a long time.

I agree that the Peace of Westphalia was an inevitable reaction to the instability of the Reformation. However, it was a matter of immediate necessity, not a system to organize and segregate the entire human race. Nobody at that time could have predicted that it would last 400 years, or that it would give rise to colonialism and nationalism.

Although, it did arguably give rise to Hitler, so maybe the Germans were playing the long game :godwinning:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I drive a Volkswagen and buy guacamole at ALDI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weisswurst on bread is a good time and I filet that pale sausagey bastard.

Sadly the only weisswurst right now I can get is from Hofbrau in shinjuku and the sausage is wrong, but hey its not Ginza Lion which makes Maximillian The First roll in his grave every time someone calls it Bavarian food.