Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I had to watch some movie he did for work where like he was a priest recollecting on his childhood where he was a little rear end in a top hat that was obsessed with dinosaurs but he also played his young self and it was insanely creepy with old dude pretending to be like 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Harry Shearer and Martin Short practicing for the Olympic synchronized swimming competition on SNL. Try not to laugh.

https://vimeo.com/353695716

volts5000 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 18, 2020

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

thetedster posted:

Plot twist: OP is Martin Short!!!

that would kind of make sense, because it's not like anyone's talking about him these days. he probably doesn't mind.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Julius CSAR posted:

"OKLAHOMA! OKLAHOMA! OKLAHOMA!"
what about her?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I agree wholeheartedly with OP.

I also never understood the appeal of this guy:

and he's apparently dead now, so I can't get properly annoyed at his smug face.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I feel like Martin Short would have had a more successful career if he had actually been fat. He's a gifted physical comedian and all his funny roles have him in a fat suit. He should have just made his own fat suit, out of his body.

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
M. Short rules. Don’t deny it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nooner posted:

I had to watch some movie he did for work

Huh?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

What, you never have movie day at work because there boss is hung over?

Me neither.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

oh i get it, nooner does some hollywood job or something. sorry nooner i get it now.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Beachcomber posted:

I agree wholeheartedly with OP.

I also never understood the appeal of this guy:

and he's apparently dead now, so I can't get properly annoyed at his smug face.

if anyone hasnt seen The Larry Sanders Show, go watch The Larry Sanders Show

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Larry Sanders Show is about Artie, anyways.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Martin Short was good in Innerspace.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

SimonCat posted:

Martin Short was good in Innerspace.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

He told a story in the documentary about Gilda Radner, that devolved into a very graphic description of them having sex. I liked it, but that was a little hosed up imo.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

Rob Schneider is much better than Martin Short

:roflolmao:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

he's really good on the TV show Community

he plays the old out of touch guy who is openly racist and is terrible with technology. on one episode he tells someone to "Encarta it" instead of "Google It", and on another he says he has to use a specific library computer because "that's where my e-mails are"

Chevy Chase was fantastic in Community. Stole almost every scene he was in. And writing him as an old out of touch guy trying to fit in with a bunch of students that were much younger was brilliant. Pretty much the entire show was/is great. His 'streets behind' part has to be one of....if not my favorite Community moment. Why is this show not syndicated?

Pierce Hawthorne : Ay-bed, your social skills aren't exactly "streets ahead." Know what I mean?

Abed Nadir : [thinks] I don't.

Jeff Winger : You're not alone in this case. Pierce, stop trying to coin the phrase "streets ahead."

Pierce Hawthorne : Trying?

[laughs]

Pierce Hawthorne : Coined and minted! Been there, coined that! "Streets ahead" is verbal... wildfire!

Annie Edison : Does it just mean "cool," or is it supposed to be like, "miles ahead"?

Pierce Hawthorne : [scoffs] If you have to ask, you're streets behind.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Imagine clicking on a thread titled "Martin Short sucks" and posting anything other than martin short sucks lol

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014

Egbert Souse posted:

Clifford is the greatest movie ever made

that was held up by release because Orion Pictures was going bankrupt

My man. Clifford is one of the best dark comedies ever made imo

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Jasus Christ posted:

He told a story in the documentary about Gilda Radner, that devolved into a very graphic description of them having sex. I liked it, but that was a little hosed up imo.

Finally we're getting to the good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
I thought Clifford was about a mentally retarded man who drives his family crazy with hijinks and then somehow stops being retarded (maybe) and becomes a priest but it turns out he was supposed to be a 10 year old boy.