Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Meat?
Yes
No
Goku
I am a communist who loves MEAT and BREAD
View Results

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I made some liver sausage with venison liver a year ago and finally threw it away because I hate it and it's loving disgusting and I was deluding myself into pretending it wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

RocktheCaulk posted:

Nice. Usually I try and get it where i can wiggle the bones a bit, but its not quite "falling off the bone". Did you remember to cut the membrane off?

Yeah I knew that part! I'm going to do something pork next weekend, and slowly work my way up to brisket

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

$1.75 per pound and you got porterhouses in there. :stare:

Oh yeah.

My friend's FIL basically does it at-cost for the fun of it, Hell, it almost certainly costs him money after all is said and done.

He grew up on a farm and just enjoys raising a few calves every year. I have no idea what he pays for the calves themselves, but they graze on his many acres, he has a small barn, and he has a tractor he uses to cut and bail the grass/hay for use in winter. I'm sure they get some supplemental feed, but it's mostly grass and all growth hormone and antibiotic-free.

He even pays the butcher in meat, so that's not an additional cost (well...not a money cost.)

I think this year he and his wife got half a cow, butcher got half, my friend got half, I got half, and another mutual friend of ours got a half.

So there was one half a cow's worth left...not sure who got it...he might have actually sold that, and considering how good it is, i's that local, grass-fed poo poo that conscientious meat-eaters love, he could probably have sold it for like $10/pound easily, helping recoup some of the costs.

Picture of the boxes of cut and packaged beef the day I got it:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Just made a slab of maple smoked bacon. Pretty sure I left it to cure 24 hours longer than necessary and it's pretty salty. Its also supa fatty. Not the worst way to die.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 21, 2020