Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

About this Message Board a Condition is widely Understood and equally as widely Ignored: the suffering of the Many users who post without the identity and glamour Conferred by the Pictographs beside the usernames of the Few.

Their Shitposts take up less room; they are more easily scrolled by and ignored.

Their Names go unremembered from page to page, thread to thread; they cannot accrue social Capital; their Identities are subject to constant Diminution.

Many Avless fight the silent struggle to be Recognized on equal Grounds, and many Fail; they sink into the mire of Lurking; their Effortposts ate quickly forgotten.

They number a majority of Users; however they hold next to no Power; their cruel masters bearing Avatars lord over them.

Why Don’t You Buy An Avatar? the Avatarred ask with Sneers. But that is just it: The struggle of the Avatarless is of course the struggle of Economic Class. It is another way for Moneyed Interests to Express their domination over the Poor; those with Ten Dollars prove unable to Empathize with those without; why should the Avatarless wish to join the oppressor class; they should seek out their Own and Independent Space; they have an Identity of their Own which is not recognized or understood by the Mainstream Discourse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
do you want an avatar op

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Yeah every post without an avatar is basically same user, maybe if they bought an avatar theyd stand out more

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

people who dont have avatars are either barely sentient proles or criminals that had their faces taken away

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Cubone posted:

do you want an avatar op

No; this would be Betraying my Kind.

However, I consider myself Steadfast; I could Use the increased personal Status for Activism and Awareness for the Voiceless; I will have to think...

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the honored banned

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Manifesto for the Avatarless

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

PTSDeedly Do posted:

No; this would be Betraying my Kind.

However, I consider myself Steadfast; I could Use the increased personal Status for Activism and Awareness for the Voiceless; I will have to think...
ok 'cause I've been sitting on this imp for a while

and I was going to give it away anyway because I just like it a lot but I think I'm too attached to my silly cubone one to use it myself
but I still think this boy needs a home so yeah

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Tbh, they all look the same to me.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
posting about avatars in gbs

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

Cubone posted:

and I was going to give it away anyway because I just like it a lot but I think I'm too attached to my silly cubone one to use it myself

please don't ever change your cubone av. cubone, cubone, cubone, cubone, cubone, cu

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The tiers are:

1. Avatar havers - considerate people who support the site

2. Red text - temporarily embarrassed avatar havers

3. Stupid newbies - self explanatory

4. no avatar - weirdos

5. People who have the same avatar as someone else. - just chaotic. deranged people

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Schweinhund posted:

1. Avatar havers - considerate people who support the site
this will be my third time loving that up by buying an av for somebody just because they mentioned not having one

soon u won't know who is considerate..... :twisted:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"this town deserves a better class of enema" -the joker from batman

"there is no spoon" -neo anderson in the matrix

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
No politics in GBS, filthy peasants can't follow simple rules! *throws monacle down in disgust*

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if youve never been banned

ever

people just seem to know

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

gary oldmans diary posted:

if youve never been banned

ever

people just seem to know

Probs are like tattoos. You sneer at them, then you get just a little one, then the next doesn't seem so bad, and then you're wondering what a ban would look like on your rapsheet.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
I can never decide on one so I never went through with buying one

plus, weirdo

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I too am a banal white noise poster who no one knows or cares about.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Squee posted:

I can never decide on one so I never went through with buying one

plus, weirdo

Wow no av, no rap sheet. Ur like a forums ghost

Deafboy
Dec 5, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
*raises a clenched fist solemnly to the sky*

I posted a man’s gaping anus and have wandered, faceless, ever since

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

dads friend steve posted:

No rap sheet?? Burt?? Burt????

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Deafboy posted:

*raises a clenched fist solemnly to the sky*

I posted a man’s gaping anus and have wandered, faceless, ever since

Posting goatass in the r/relationships thread should be a pass. Jeffrey you coward!

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

more of a weirdo here. i have avatars turned off because i am a devil-man. so i don't have one either.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
posting skill is displayed when you get probed while sleeping so you wake up and go about ur day none-the-wiser until you accidentally look at ur rap sheet like the time you were checking out ur rear end after a hot shower and u feel a brief flash of shame

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

dads friend steve posted:

Yeah, even as a fellow No Av Weird, that is strange and probably takes a lot of effort to sustain

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

sticksy posted:

Yeah, even as a fellow No Av Weird, that is strange and probably takes a lot of effort to sustain

You have a Avatar

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

:thunk:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
gang tags =/= James Cameron Avatar

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I already paid :10bux: to post on this fucker

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

manly pesto

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Sylvester McMonkey McBean posted:

About this Message Board a Condition is widely Understood and equally as widely Ignored: the suffering of the Many users who post without the identity and glamour Conferred by the Pictographs beside the usernames of the Few.

Their Shitposts take up less room; they are more easily scrolled by and ignored.

Their Names go unremembered from page to page, thread to thread; they cannot accrue social Capital; their Identities are subject to constant Diminution.

Many Avless fight the silent struggle to be Recognized on equal Grounds, and many Fail; they sink into the mire of Lurking; their Effortposts ate quickly forgotten.

They number a majority of Users; however they hold next to no Power; their cruel masters bearing Avatars lord over them.

Why Don’t You Buy An Avatar? the Avatarred ask with Sneers. But that is just it: The struggle of the Avatarless is of course the struggle of Economic Class. It is another way for Moneyed Interests to Express their domination over the Poor; those with Ten Dollars prove unable to Empathize with those without; why should the Avatarless wish to join the oppressor class; they should seek out their Own and Independent Space; they have an Identity of their Own which is not recognized or understood by the Mainstream Discourse

e: no war but class war

dee eight fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 17, 2020

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the only true way to post is enlarged and scrolled to the right so you can’t see names or avatars

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

sticksy posted:

I'm a man of many talents, what can I say.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'd thought at the time that all newbies got stuck with the Stupid Newbie avatar on signup, but it just didn't happen with me. Does that function of the forum get turned on and off over time, or is it random, or what?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

people who dont have avatars are either barely sentient proles or criminals that had their faces taken away

i like being a faceless criminal!

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Pitdragon posted:

i like being a faceless criminal!

it makes it easier to do more crimes!

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Cubone posted:

Some floppy plums on your little amigo there

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
If you want an av, just get lucky like me and have someone buy one randomly so Lowtax can get a new spine.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Cubone posted:

Nooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had one but it seems to have disappeared after one too many probations.

Imo that should earn you a scofflaw tag.