Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/RACERmag/status/1308784882215075840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Show of hands, who's surprised at MSR?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Great news a long time coming for MSR

VERY surprised at the WTR news however.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
WTR has been rumored for a while. Sucks though since it’s an overall loss to the DPi class car count next year

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I kept lol’ing at the image they made with the super-stretched Meyer Shank Racing logo.

Not surprised MSR was one of the teams, but thought it would be Andretti or Rahal picking up the second car. Interesting move for WTR, wonder what that will mean for Cadillac.

And surely it means Porsche-Penske in LMDh is happening, no?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Any idea when the full Lemans will be uploaded to Youtube?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bloopsy posted:

Any idea when the full Lemans will be uploaded to Youtube?

No clue. But there is precedent, the WEC channel on YouTube has older full races online, and the round before (Spa) went on about two weeks after the race? So there's hope Le Mans would be up before Christmas.

I'm sure it's available in the :filez: areas already.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Reminder that the Nürburgring 24h is this weekend.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Audi Sport pit crew are wearing the old Le Mans Audisport fire suits which is cool.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Kilonum posted:

Reminder that the Nürburgring 24h is this weekend.

Where is it being broadcast on?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Youtube

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I watched some of the early qualifying stuff yesterday and its spooky seeing the circuit without any of the circus that normally accompanies the race. Also a shame that most of the regular porsches aren't taking part after the le mans fallout

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Found the link for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGapfk2q-s

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

its spooky seeing the circuit without any of the circus that normally accompanies the race.

I didn't even notice until the commentary team brought it up because it's always like this in video games.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kind of sad only getting 97 entries for the 24h this year because of Porsche and Covid. Maybe timing too I guess...

Looks like the weather is calling for rain and in the 40s... Going to be an interesting race if it's not all red flagged... And apparently they get less than 12 hours of sunlight this time of year...?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
That'd be close to half of what they got last year and I guess its a combo of timing and global events more generally. They normally run it when the longest days of the year are at their fullest so that amount of night is tiny but that's not going to be the case this year and it could be real interesting. There's also piles of leaves falling onto the track that could add another element of uncertainty to the race.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well if it was dry the cars would probably just blow the leaves off the track normally... not sure how it will work if there's wet leaves all over though. Should be a fun race even if it's all headlights.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The pros think it'll be a quicker pace with less traffic.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

It's like the equivalent of high 20s around a track like Spa, could be pretty lonely in the last few hours.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Pre race coverage has started with the early morning warm up in the wet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGapfk2q-s

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

For a race with a lot of amateur and smallish business funding and a lot of people who can't dodge various travel restrictions with money, getting half the cars really isn't a bad score.

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

Is there a US stream for this? The YouTube link says not available in this country :-(

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Viper915 posted:

Is there a US stream for this? The YouTube link says not available in this country :-(

Download Opera Browser and turn on the built in VPN. It's working great for me.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ive had a few pints and I am loving loving it!!!

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Here's an ungeoblocked international feed.

https://www.sporttotal.tv/vic567cd5e

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
It’s also on MotorTrend TV’s app, commercial free, and I had a 7 day free trial waiting for me.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
Tyre guys are taking knives to the tyre tread to split tread blocks so they rub on themselves more in a desperate attempt to get any sort of temperature into them. poo poo is metal out there.

Edit: aand we’re red flagged

Snackula fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 26, 2020

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

2020 sucks rear end! This was the highlight of my year so far. Driving there in 2 weeks if I’m still legally allowed. F

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Jeez they just said on the broadcast that there won't be an update until almost 7 hours from now.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I was looking forward to watching the race today but I guess I’ll have to head outside and do things today instead of watching the cars go round but it’s probably for the best really if they can’t guarantee that the guys will be at all safe

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Snackula posted:

Tyre guys are taking knives to the tyre tread to split tread blocks so they rub on themselves more in a desperate attempt to get any sort of temperature into them. poo poo is metal out there.

Edit: aand we’re red flagged

Back in the day they used to cut slicks to make intermediates too :black101:

Sucks that there’s a bad geoblock for the US.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TheBacon posted:

Jeez they just said on the broadcast that there won't be an update until almost 7 hours from now.

Yea... sucks to have a 24h race with 12 hours of darkness and rain. Once they red flagged it, that was pretty much it until there's some sunlight...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
On one hand, it was pretty treacherous.

But also, a few hours later it'd stopped raining.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

algebra testes posted:

On one hand, it was pretty treacherous.

But also, a few hours later it'd stopped raining.

Yea... but even up to daybreak. It looked like there was very heavy fog. Heavy fog with standing water on the track? Sound like a good way to kill someone...

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
they're back up and running but the track still looks pretty damp. At least theres daylight now so people can see where they're going

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea... but even up to daybreak. It looked like there was very heavy fog. Heavy fog with standing water on the track? Sound like a good way to kill someone...

And they also raised that we were looking at the GP circuit which has good drainage, where as the rest of the track does not, so it was definitely impossible.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This is great now :)

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Did the commentators on the YouTube feed keep taking all night? Hero’s performance if so.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Brass Hand posted:

Did the commentators on the YouTube feed keep taking all night? Hero’s performance if so.

Nope! It was just a silent feed of the pits

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Bape Culture posted:

Nope! It was just a silent feed of the pits

Oh okay. I remember from a few years back they stopped for much of the night as well and the lads just kept going telling stories to absolutely nobody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I always loved the Lemans night team when they shut down the cameras along most of the track overnight. Might have just been the radio Lemans team.