Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Peanut President posted:

(shakes you) WHEN IS IT

LeMans is inside of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

:lol:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I miss the old days of seeing a McLaren try to lap a Fiat 500

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
That was a day that went from :3: to :stonk:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Bloopsy posted:

Oh no, the mist is going to envelop them all!

It's merely a cloud of coronavirus

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
All racing now postponed until after the apocalypse

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

your friend wicka posted:

This is a virtual race, they could choose any track in the world, and they've gone with...the Nurburgring GP circuit.

They have like, 5 licenced tracks

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

njsykora posted:

All of which are better than Nurburgring GP, rF2 has Zandvoort for gently caress sake. Really I was more shocked that they'd use the crusty old Formula ISI car which hasn't been updated since around 2014 and sucked then as well.

Call me cynical, but it's a DLC track and they were hoping people will want rF2 and then buy the track, too

The FISI (yes, a holdover from ISI) isnt as broke as gently caress as half their other content, half of which is DLC too

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
https://www.motorsport.com/gaming/news/daniel-abt-excluded-fined-esports-imposter-trick/4796102/

quote:

Audi Formula E driver Daniel Abt has been disqualified from the latest FE Race at Home Challenge race, stripped of his points total and handed a €10,000 fine.

Abt, who originally finished third in the fifth round of Formula E’s sim racing series on Saturday, was found to have let a professional esports racer control his virtual car for the race.

:roflolmao:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I bet that dastardly McNish was behind this.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Basticle posted:

This obviously isnt on the same level as Kyle Larson but is arguably worse than what Bubba Wallace did so Audi (German car companies are known for their sense of humor) probably fires this idiot, right?

Yes, Audi; a manufacturer with a spotless moral record :thunk:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

njsykora posted:

Yeah he has about as much chance of being fired for this as Lance Stroll does of losing his F1 seat ever.

quote:

Daniel Abt has been suspended from the Audi Formula E team with immediate effect after he cheated in last weekend’s round of the Race at Home Challenge Esports series.

lol

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
https://www.motorsport.com/gaming/news/abt-audi-split-explanation-apology/4796976/

JUST A PRANK, BRO!

(this makes it worse somehow)

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

quote:

Owing to the global COVID-19 pandemic, W Series today announces that it will not stage on-track races until 2021.

Welp

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Gone, what was it?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

njsykora posted:

Would like to mention that iRacing is now doing the prestigious Virtual Multiclass Racing In The French Countryside on June 20th.

The best part about this is that rFactor 2 has a horrendous record running 24 hours events. One big league even dumped them after an event last year, because it was 'red flagged' (poo poo itself) twice. The chances of this event going well are slim.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Yeah honestly these virtual races are absolute cringe. I mean, I sim race too - but its a computer game. It's a computer game. Stop pretending these things are serious or important.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

This Sucks Now, It Was Better When It Was Even Worse.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
If a 24H virtual car race is too high brow for you, the 24H series is also holding an actual automobile race at Portimao for 24h starting soon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1_yjx3_kk8

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

njsykora posted:

I appreciate this hopefully being the final nail in rF2's coffin.

The driving model/tyre model/physics are the best there is bar absolutely none. Online...less so.

Iracing has been torn apart by real world drivers endlessly over the last few weeks.

Everything else are simcade and pure games all the way down.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Vando posted:

unrealistic simulation

That's just 2020 in general :v:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I always laughed at the guys wearing gloves, but holy poo poo do my hands get clammy after about an hour of racing.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

uXs posted:

A lot more immersion was lost by the commentators repeating 'oh god it looks so real' every 5 seconds.

I hope they do this in September

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I hope he dies very soon

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Oh cool ELMS is ba--

quote:

Hollywood star Michael Fassbender will contest this year's European Le Mans Series at the wheel of a Porsche GTE car as part of a bid to fulfil his ambition to race at the Le Mans 24 Hours.

:chloe:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Tilke is given the unenviable task of being given the shittest race series on the planet and told to build tracks to make it good. When he doesnt have those restraints, he is capable of designing tracks like Atlanta Motorsports Park.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
46 cars for GT World Challenge at Imola this weekend, which isnt bad.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Worth a watch? It was the middle of the night for me

Absolutely, yes!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I am watching on Eurosport and they have Mark Cole so LOL i am not listening to that.

It took me 10 minutes to figure out why I couldnt listen on radiolemans.com, because adblock hides the player...

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Porsche Carrera Cup race is on and its raining :getin:

LeMans Cup is on in about an hour too

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

Fell asleep for several hours. Has any of the predicted storms hit yet? Are they still expecting them?

5am now apparently

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
and now in typical sports car racing fashion, we wait until later in the week to find out what the real results are after many disqualifications and penalties

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

quote:

Porsche has withdrawn its pair of works GT Le Mans cars from this weekend's IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship round at Mid-Ohio.

The decision follows the Weissach marque withdrawing the works drivers that raced at Le Mans 24 Hours from this weekend's Nurburgring 24 Hours in the wake of a series of positive COVID-19 tests during routine checks.

Porsche leaving motorsport after LeMans embarrassment

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

expected severe weather.

Every. Year.

Then not even a drop.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Is....isnt that what electric formula extreme E or what its called is? No im not gonna click the link.

So many racing series that are never gonna see the light of day, and im looking at you SRX or whatever its called

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

njsykora posted:

I love the current trend of flinging poo poo at the wall to try and come up with a new racing series while half the auto industry is pulling out of motorsport.

It's literally a meme

No one:
Absolutely no one:
SuperCharge crossover-based global electric race series announced

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Capital L liberals, I think he means. You know, they buy a tesla (formerly prius) and then shame anyone who doesn't, or anyone who buys a different electric car.

It's always fun asking these people where their clean electricity comes from :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Macau this weekend :getin:

F4 instead of F3, regional GT field, but likely the usual hilarity the event brings