Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Is the track just extra greasy from being hot or what?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
lol, primo ACO there

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Does Motortrend on Demand post VODs of the live sessions they stream? Thought I'd put qualifying or a practice session on in the background but have had no luck.

I'm on the website right now (not the app) and can't find anything for 2020 Le Mans other than their "Dempsey Races Le Mans" series.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

orange juche posted:

They do not. If you miss it you're poo poo out of luck. So much for "On Demand" huh?

Bleh. Thanks.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
"sprinkles at the top of the hill"
:allears:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Problem is that electric cars just aren't very good for 45+ minute circuit races at this point. An electric hill climbing or drag racing series would be a lot better in that regard, but I guess that would limit the size of the potential audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

WindyMan posted:

With the power of the Gen 3 cars they should be pushing past 180mph easily. However, FE cars are "slow" because of the (deliberately) lovely tires and chicane-laden circuits needed for more regen points. Hopefully the capability of the newer cars can start opening up circuit design.

What's the power drain at 180 mph like, though? That's much of the reason for all those chicanes and tight corners.

The battery tech to run at anything like GP speeds for the 45 minutes they want is not there and won't be anytime soon.