Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomitorium
Oct 2, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone tell me, blue flags in like other series...

So in Grand Prix racing the idea that you held up the leaders.. you stuck your rear end in someones face when you're a lap behind.. is just like the worst thing you could do. Who the gently caress do you think you are? These are the leaders, this is the race everyone is paying their tickets to see and you're.. getting in the way? I mean if youre really as fast then that's different but because in GP racing the people at the back aren't as fast as the people in the front.. that's never happening so just move over, you idiot.

I think Ocon taking out Max from the lead at Interlagos was a good example of what the F1 community thinks of this behaviour. He wasn't popular.

BUT, I'm starting to learn this idea does NOT apply across the world and across series! Play some iRacing and you'll come up against a lot of people who no doubt watch stuff other than F1 and to them, they seem totally entitled to race with you despite being slow as poo poo and actually not racing with you at all.

What is the go in like GT3? How about LeMans? In the US, if I come to like.. a IMSA event in America.. what would I be expecting?

I just think its interesting, we're all racing and we all know what an apex is and how to drop the clutch but this pretty important part of what happens on the track when poo poo gets fucky, doesn't seem as clearly defined as it should be..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU