Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
A similar german influenced censorship happened with City of Heroes. It has an npc faction called the 5th column. They're nazis, remnants of Hitler's secret forces who carried on the fight well after ww2. They are one of the original enemy factions when the game released in april 2004.

Six months after release: oops we need to release our game in germany! Ok don't panic, let's just pretend that the 5th column was taken over by an inner faction called the Council. No we don't need to hint that this is happening, just do it. Oh wait we can't even call them fascist? Fine, we'll just call them a "shadowy brain trust" and wink and nod profusely without calling them what they are.

Five years later, they brought the 5th column back. I guess germany didn't care? Whatever, it was dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Do games that have most of their characters edited for didn't-want-to-pay-the-license reasons count as censorship?

If so, look up Dragon Power for NES and Black Belt for Sega Master System. I bet you can't tell what games those were supposed to be!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Kchama posted:

Dragon Power is totally going to be Dragonball isn't it? I'm just guessing because it's the funniest option considering Dragonball just got talked about.

Looking at Black Belt's screenshots, is it Fist of the North Star?

yes and yes.