Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

edit: Nevermind

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I can't believe Retaliation is back!
more like Relegation

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Xia Li is now a Mortal Kombat character

But goddamn check out this kick. Xia Li rules.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1346998917968269315

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 7, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
alright i'm laughing at shoving Dakota into a high school locker and shutting the door

https://streamable.com/0eq7s2

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 7, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

e: whoops

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Digital Jedi posted:

alright i'm laughing at shoving Dakota into a high school locker and shutting the door

I wonder what led to them figuring out Dakota could fit into that

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

My boys made the Classic :unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Xia Li is now a Mortal Kombat character

But goddamn check out this kick. Xia Li rules.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1346998917968269315
drat, cool

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Xia Li owns. I hope they drop the orientalism and just lean into Neo Dungeon of Doom with Karen Q as The Master.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

From what I remember, her first match was in the MYC where she debuted in WWE/NXT? I recall her being way better than she should have been for being so new to wrestling so my only hope is that she gets out of the bad company and into a good company.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

From what I remember, her first match was in the MYC where she debuted in WWE/NXT? I recall her being way better than she should have been for being so new to wrestling so my only hope is that she gets out of the bad company and into a good company.

Yeah but where the hell would she find one of those?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Xia Li has been signed to WWE for 4 years and has never had a single feud

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rarity posted:

She's had 2 feuds with Aliyah, but nobody noticed because the total match time is probably like 45 seconds.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but where the hell would she find one of those?

Did she come over to the US from China to work for WWE, or was she in the states already? Ever since that Cezar Bononi story about how WWE tries to keep a death grip on foreign talents by controlling their VISA status, it makes me feel real gross about this being the possibility for a lot of the other foreign talent still there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's from the Shanghai tryouts, so yes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you're transporting workers in from other country and then using their immigration status to exploit them for labour then that's dangerously veering towards human trafficking

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rarity posted:

4 years already? Geez, I figured it had to have been less than 5 given how little she's been on NXT over the years. Then again, that means she has only 1 more year to go before she can go to another company, be it Impact, AEW or any of the Joshi promotions (pandemic travel restrictions permitting).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Germansimp posted:

4 years already? Geez, I figured it had to have been less than 5 given how little she's been on NXT over the years. Then again, that means she has only 1 more year to go before she can go to another company, be it Impact, AEW or any of the Joshi promotions (pandemic travel restrictions permitting).

why do you think they're suddenly actually giving her a gimmick and a push that will last just up until she's signed a contract extension

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1351924500221333509?s=21

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Gigi Dolin

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

These names...

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dwango Tungsten

Mang Oh

Yurt Gerbil

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Nanuh Vilfo (FKA Bad Luck Fale)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nick Gage has been signed to NXT, his name is Sebastian Prentwood-Smythe now.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

Nick Gage has been signed to NXT, his name is Sebastian Prentwood-Smythe now.

Hell yea

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1352078395425906690?s=21

What even is this move? A reverse Phoenix splash?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Rip Toni's back

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah that looks extremely painful for the person taking it. Beautiful execution though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kacy could be a really good underdog face if they ever pushed her.

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1352078395425906690?s=21

What even is this move? A reverse Phoenix splash?

Corkscrew Banzai Drop

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

When did NXT start changing peoples names again? Was it after AEW started?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Definitely wonder if they're doing some call ups soon, lots of newer people on the show, pretty refreshing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rick posted:

Yeah that looks extremely painful for the person taking it. Beautiful execution though.

Except for that last half rotation before she makes contact and it just turns into a straight up fall.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 21, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Except for that last half rotation before she makes contact and it just turns into a straight up fall.

Ha yeah, I didn't notice it in a little twitter vid but on my TV she's definitely free falling at the end.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

it looks like she either under or over rotated to me, but idk.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I have the body control to do even a moonsault, but that move feels like it’s got too much going on to reliably perform safely.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Wezlar posted:

When did NXT start changing peoples names again? Was it after AEW started?

They've always done it, unless they think there's value in the name recognition.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Rick posted:

Definitely wonder if they're doing some call ups soon, lots of newer people on the show, pretty refreshing.

Rhea 100% must be, and I think they’re just waiting to debut her in the Rumble (which I think she has a shot at winning). My bet is the Dusty winners take the tags off Asuka/Charlotte leading to a breakup feud, Charlotte takes the title off Asuka before Mania and we get Rhea/Charlotte II.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ingmar Thurman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Dacap posted:

Rhea 100% must be, and I think they’re just waiting to debut her in the Rumble (which I think she has a shot at winning). My bet is the Dusty winners take the tags off Asuka/Charlotte leading to a breakup feud, Charlotte takes the title off Asuka before Mania and we get Rhea/Charlotte II.

Where inevitably Charlotte wins. Then maybe, finally, the crowd will cheer for her? They won't.