Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dacap posted:

Rhea 100% must be, and I think they’re just waiting to debut her in the Rumble (which I think she has a shot at winning). My bet is the Dusty winners take the tags off Asuka/Charlotte leading to a breakup feud, Charlotte takes the title off Asuka before Mania and we get Rhea/Charlotte II.

Yeah, Rhea is definitely moving up and winning the Rumble is the way to go with her or Bianca. I think you're right with the Dusty winners. I think Dakota and Raquel win that and they would be a good combo to be tag champs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Vagabundo posted:

Where inevitably Charlotte wins. Then maybe, finally, the crowd will cheer for her? They won't.

Of course, why book the logical and satisfying conclusion to the story that started with Charlotte walking into NXT to take their title like it was owed to her when you can have the underdog lose twice?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Dacap posted:

Of course, why book the logical and satisfying conclusion to the story that started with Charlotte walking into NXT to take their title like it was owed to her when you can have the underdog lose twice?

Exactly. If Charlotte gets shoved down the fans'WWE Universe's collective throats long and hard enough, they'll have no choice but to cheer for her, and her only.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Leon Ruff has a move where he basically clotheslines his own neck on the rope . . .

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rick posted:

Leon Ruff has a move where he basically clotheslines his own neck on the rope . . .

Is there a clip of this?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rick posted:

"Give yourself a Rock Bottom" really is an overused move, glad to see someone innovate the "Give yourself a Stun Gun"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Rarity posted:

Is there a clip of this?

I wish my capture card still worked . .

If anyone has one it happened tonight near the end of the match when Ruff is clearing house.

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jan 30, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was never more scared than when I thought Kushida was going to throw Johnny into a printer on yesterday's show. Thank god he through him through a door instead.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rick posted:

Thank god he through him through a door instead.

i liked when he laughed after he did it

i thought the main event was great. i really like thatcher

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
No one is or should be watching this but I always have it muted on my other monitor. I just looked to see Cameron Grimes in top hat and glasses doing a 'money' angel in the certain of the ring after he poured out money from a bag. No idea wtf was going on.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
He invested in Gamestop and Dogecoin.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
The Hole has come to NXT

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ICR posted:

AEW adjacent. This is making the rounds on social media. Reddit just grabbed hold of it

https://twitter.com/Matmenpodcast/status/1366834447472095236?s=20

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/84441635211059201?s=19

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Look, sometimes when it is a marathon, not a sprint, what you need to do is get back in your car and come back on a different day.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
NXT Takeover: Stand and Deliver will be 2 nights
April 7th and 8th

And NXT Women's Tag Team Belts revealed. Dakota Kai and Raquel González are the first champs since they won the Dusty Classic
https://twitter.com/upNXTpodcast/status/1369817214639955970?s=20

I think they look pretty sweet

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

They lost the belts already.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dakota deserves better. At least she was a champ for a short, short time

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31039351/nhl-back-espn-7-year-multiplatform-deal

Does anyone know what this means for NXT? Will it stay on Wednesday?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nothing changes AFAICT, ESPN airs NBA on Wednesdays so these rights weren't for Wednesday games, NBC is probably still negotiating for those.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Yeah, seems like NHL wants a non-exclusive deal for their American broadcasts, so ESPN just locked down half of he rights and he other half are up for grabs among NBC, Fox and CBS.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
They debuted the women's tag team titles in the stupidest way possible

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

they booked Adam Ant?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

mooseinfants posted:

the stupidest way possible

it is wrestling

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i thought nxt was good this week

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/144800/big-wwe-nxt-to-tuesday-update.html?p=1

Several WWE sources confirmed tofay that the first WWE NXT episode coming out of Wrestlemania 37 weekend is currently scheduled to be held and broadcast on Tuesday 4/13.

There had been rumors to this effect in recent weeks, stemming from a report from The Mat Men Podcast.

At the time, WWE did not respond to the reports (and still have not) but we are told that the production calendar for Wrestlemania week currently lists the 4/13 taping date.

So, while we do not have confirmation of a permanent move, all signs point to the Wednesday Night Wars indeed ending next month. The move would separate NXT and AEW, allowing each series to stand on their own accord with viewers. NXT shifting to Tuesday would also allow for heavy promotion from the previous evening's episode of Monday Night Raw.

If NXT indeed moves to Tuesday permanently, that would place them opposite Impact Wrestling on AXS. The smart money should be put on Impact moving to Thursday nights.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:yeshaha:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://youtu.be/qTnBVDKuNdI

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

fatherofmustard posted:

NXT shifting to Tuesday would also allow for heavy promotion from the previous evening's episode of Monday Night Raw.

So, how many weeks to give RAW promoting NXT? I'd say 2 weeks until they forget about it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Davros1 posted:

So, how many weeks to give RAW promoting NXT? I'd say 2 weeks until they forget about it.

Probably right.

But now I wonder what’s going on Wednesday’s for them and where?

Because NXT Evolve IS happening.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

ICR posted:

Probably right.

But now I wonder what’s going on Wednesday’s for them and where?

Because NXT Evolve IS happening.

NXT Evolve on Peacock is what I think is most likely.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

fatherofmustard posted:

NXT Evolve on Peacock is what I think is most likely.

Word. I could definitely see that.

I’m just curious who else they sign from here to put on the show. They’re still doing their international scouting right now according to SRS so it’ll be interesting.

Arturo Ruas still is training and isn’t ready.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

holy poo poo

WALTER

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

holy poo poo

WALTER

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm seeing double here, four Chuck Taylors?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Been a few weeks since I've been able to watch NXT within 48 hours of it being on. It was a good episode. I'm more interested in Takeover than Wrestlemania.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm still laughing at this thread title.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
kross sucks. like what are the available plotlines

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I feel like if anything he has more potential storylines than most WWE people due to all the potential cheating and cucking angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

graph posted:

kross sucks. like what are the available plotlines
I assume beat balor, then a bunch of generic rear end NXT feuds like retain over a returning dexter lumis in a feud with a lot of funny faces, loses the belt to... I don't know, Cameron Grimes in the fall when he gets called up?

Then cucking on the main roster. So much cucking. Imagine those googly eyes bounce around all sad.