Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The Chelsea Green act isn't doing a lot for me but the music is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They just need to commit to Chelsea and have her start getting some wins. Also teach people how to take the I'm Prettier or ditch it because it's looked bad more than it's looked good.

I think her act would probably work better on Raw or Smackdown though. NXT has a logjam building of people who should probably be around the main event scene but Io should be running that. Rhea, Dakota, Tegan, Candice, Chelsea, Mia, Shotzi, and Mercedes could all hold the title and you could build stories around any of them.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

They just need to commit to Chelsea and have her start getting some wins. Also teach people how to take the I'm Prettier or ditch it because it's looked bad more than it's looked good.

I think her act would probably work better on Raw or Smackdown though. NXT has a logjam building of people who should probably be around the main event scene but Io should be running that. Rhea, Dakota, Tegan, Candice, Chelsea, Mia, Shotzi, and Mercedes could all hold the title and you could build stories around any of them.

Ok but alternatively, how about they do a massive draft when the situation in the world ends and clean NXT out and do nothing with the callups?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
These record scratch black and white rants Gargano is doing at this dinner segment are painful

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really hope that Shotzi Blackheart didn't write that promo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rick posted:

It was like someone just saw Tank Girl for the first time. Bless her heart for trying, though.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rick posted:

The delivery was just as awful as the writing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shotzi was never a big talker on the indies side.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shotzi Blackheart is a terrible name. How about something like... "Brenda"

Now that's the kind of name a WWE SUPERSTAR would have.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shitzi Cackfart IMO

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I have something to confess. I'm coming around to Gargano's new theme.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Breezango's entrance is amazing this week.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

if breezango have an entrance on a wednesday night and no goon is around to see it... did it really even happen?

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Yeah this loving ruled

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I agree with the people that Escobar is too attractive for a mask but . . . he kind of is generic without it.

It was really good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
NXT: The only Mediocre Thing in This God Foresaken Company

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Looked it up and gotta say it was worth it that theme slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooSqTn3JN4s

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Fan recreation of the theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2HMXBy13-0

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
As fun as that entrance was, the clear highlight for me was Grimes driving away from Priest while trash talking him. :discourse:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

As fun as that entrance was, the clear highlight for me was Grimes driving away from Priest while trash talking him. :discourse:

Yeah, that was great.

"Can I call you an Uber? Hahaha!" Peels off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's no (new) AEW tonight so I reached back 5 pages to bump this thread, because I figured I'd watch NXT tonight out of morbid curiosity.

AEW is playing a repeat of All Out on youtube for free so I imagine most people will be posting in that thread, but I wonder if what was once the very best weekly show WWE produced can at least beat the thread count for the most recent Impact Wrestling show (probably not).

How the mighty have fallen.

• New AEW Champion Karrion Kross appears with Scarlett to address his separated shoulder injury.
  • Io Shirai & Rhea Ripley vs. Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez in a tag match.
  • Tommaso Ciampa returns after a lengthy absence.
  • Imperium (C) defend their NXT Tag Team titles against Breezango.
  • An appearance by North American Champion Damian Priest.
  • Santos Escobar (iC) defends his interim Cruiserweight Championship against Isaiah "Swerve" Scott. Accused abuser Jordan Devlin is still the actual Cruiserweight Champion.
  • Stu Bennett (Wade Barrett) makes a seemingly temporary return to WWE to join the commentary team for tonight.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i rewatch AEW ppvs pretty regularly so i'm watching NXT too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've never heard Kross talk before, is he doing a Christian Bale voice?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wonder when Scarlett will do more than just lip sync Kross' song. This would be a good time to get her into the ring!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait has he vacated the title? loving :lol:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I will never get over how stupid it is that the loving thing is called NXT. I hate meaningless acronyms.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Keith Lee became double champ, vacated the North American title, lost the NXT title the same night the now vacant NA title got a new holder, and the guy who beat Lee for the world title immediately has to vacate it.

Starting to suspect maybe NXT isn't quite the show it once was.....

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Wait has he vacated the title? loving :lol:
He wrestled that lovely match with his arm falling off

They rush jobbed Keith Lee to the main roster by taking the title off him to give it to a guy with his arm falling off so Keith Lee can probably lose to Orton

loving morons couldn't change the finish because it's too important to waste Keith Lee RIGHT NOW GUYS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

He wrestled that lovely match with his arm falling off

They rush jobbed Keith Lee to the main roster by taking the title off him to give it to a guy with his arm falling off so Keith Lee can probably lose to Orton

Hey now, that's unfair! Maybe Keith Lee/Orton will just go to another DQ!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Go Breezeango

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Breezango just joined Suzuki-Gun!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So whatever happened to Wade?

And it sort of feels like their have been so many titles vacated recently.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
did Barrett at least say the thing

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Digital Jedi posted:

And it sort of feels like their have been so many titles vacated recently.

The triple H all the belts pic but with Vacant

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

I can't remember if he quit or was fired (the latter I think) but he hooked up with World of Sport before that all fell apart, and had I think one appearance on Lucha Underground before that fell apart too. I guess he's still based in the US because as much as I like him, there's no reason to bring him in when you've got Nigel McGuiness right there. Ironic I guess, since there was an old (probably bullshit) story about how Nigel was supposed have the Wade Barrett role in the original season of NXT with Daniel Bryan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I gotta say, I far prefer the performance center hostages reacting legitimately to this tag match than I do the fake crowd noise and coordinated fake THUNDERDOME responses (and sadly also the New Japan crowd buzz).

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Samoa Joe no longer holds the distinction of being the shortest reigning NXT champion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am crushing NXT. It's becoming difficult to see.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I gotta say, I far prefer the performance center hostages reacting legitimately to this tag match than I do the fake crowd noise and coordinated fake THUNDERDOME responses (and sadly also the New Japan crowd buzz).

If they replaced the first row of screens with hostages, I think it would look and come across a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That double legdrop was cool

Yay Breezeango!