Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'll be the guy who loved both nights of NXT including the poo poo I probably shouldn't have liked (Kross/Balor). I usually loathe 45-minute self-serious takeover mains but I liked this one! Also Ciampa/Walter is my MOTY in the clubhouse. Good shows! Glad I watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

EVERYONE IS STANDING ON THEIR FEET

* centre frame is people sitting down

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
So how much better was it than Britt/Rosa

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

mooseinfants posted:

So how much better was it than Britt/Rosa

It was worse in pretty much every aspect.

Unless you think incredibly long matches is great, in which case then it was much better! It was a 40 minute+ slog where the only really neat stuff happened at the very end.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Walter/Ciampa was really fuckin good.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
lmao good god 40+ minutes no way

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

Walter/Ciampa was really fuckin good.

Yeah that was the best match of the two nights, I think. The gauntlet or the men's tag match were second best.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Benne posted:

The problem with this match is you never feel like these guys really hate each other, they're just Doing Moves except with the occasional weapon shot. There's no soul.

They had a few weeks of beating and attacking each other. So one has to think they are going to kill each other, go right after each other with how much they both hate each other. Once they see each other it's on and the fight happens.

KOR gets in the ring and than the security lines up diagonally as they do. Cole comes out and walks straight up the ring with only the ropes and the ref between them. He then proceeds to walk down and around to get into the ring so the security is between them. It's like the 'hold me back I'll kill him' trope.

It's a small little thing but it really bothers me.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

They had a few weeks of beating and attacking each other. So one has to think they are going to kill each other, go right after each other with how much they both hate each other. Once they see each other it's on and the fight happens.

KOR gets in the ring and than the security lines up diagonally as they do. Cole comes out and walks straight up the ring with only the ropes and the ref between them. He then proceeds to walk down and around to get into the ring so the security is between them. It's like the 'hold me back I'll kill him' trope.

It's a small little thing but it really bothers me.

WWE in general is REALLY bad about paying off matches where two dudes should want to kill each other. Gargano/Ciampa..the first two, anyway..were probably the best that they've done with it. For those who remember, the HHH/Orton match from years ago where they SHOULD want to kill each other, we've been TOLD that they want to kill each other, and then they have..a normal match...is by far the worst.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

walter is the best

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

forty loving minutes of wade and beth doing faux excitement

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Unsanctioned matches in AEW are bloody brawls where both people are trying to kill each other, unsanctioned matches in WWE are fights with occasional weapon usage.

We Got Us A Bread posted:

WWE in general is REALLY bad about paying off matches where two dudes should want to kill each other. Gargano/Ciampa..the first two, anyway..were probably the best that they've done with it. For those who remember, the HHH/Orton match from years ago where they SHOULD want to kill each other, we've been TOLD that they want to kill each other, and then they have..a normal match...is by far the worst.

Ah yes, Wrestlemania 25. Where the main event should have been two dudes beating the poo poo out of each other and was instead just a plodding normal match.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
The 40+ minute WWE "epic" is the most boring thing in the world to me, and I could go the rest of my life without seeing the hokey "stage collapse" spot again. Between that and Killer Kross, the show ended with a one-two punch of putting me to sleep. Night 1 was fun, but overall this show just confirmed my lack of interest in NXT.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Night 2 was so much worse than night 1. It didn't even look as good, I don't know why but it looked like they had the lights turned up. Could have been my stream.
Karrion Kross stinks.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
My favorite blood feud match is goldust vs stardust where it ended in a rollup

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ThePariah posted:

The 40+ minute WWE "epic" is the most boring thing in the world to me,

I got to the Cole/KOR match and saw there was nearly an hour left and was like "oh no no no"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The worst thing about the 40 minute epics is that they are absolutely slogs so they somehow feel even longer. I've never been actively wanting an AEW main event to end because even the longest ones don't feel that loving long.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The only promotion I know of that can pull off good 40+ minute matches nowadays is New Japan and that's because they have time magic. And even then it doesn't work every time.

Also Dr Britt Baker should really tell her boyfriend how to have a good unsanctioned blood feud blowoff match.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Apr 9, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I feel like I've seen so many 40+ min adam cole matches at this stage. The stench of HHH "epics" off them

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I thought the match was great, and then it drug on for another 25 minutes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I thought the match was great, and then it drug on for another 25 minutes.

That's how I feel about most of the epic main events; they're great 20 minute long matches but then they go on for another 20 minutes. And Gargano main events have him staring at his hands and contemplating the violence he can commit every single loving time.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I literally had a text exchange with my wife that was like "is wrestling over with yet?" and I responded with "It's wrapping up, should be over soon". That was 20 minutes before the match actually ended.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Codependent Poster posted:

There was a good match somewhere in there, but it was way too long and meandering. Would've been better off just letting them wrestle instead of incorporate weapon spots that didn't do much outside of the cool ending.

Yeah this is how I feel pretty much. There were parts I really liked but my attention also completely drifted away from the match at several points.

I liked the Kross and Finn match more than most here, the fact that it was just Finn doing his moves is a plus to me not a minus.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Kross is talking and I'm already bored of him. He sounds like a 46 year old divorced dad of 2 used car salesman

VVV Yea going to need an gif of just her face during this whole thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What are these faces Scarlett is making

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Karrion Kross sounds like Captain K'nuckles

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
13 minutes and we have had 1 promo, 2 commercial breaks.

Starting out strong!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I guess WALTER went back home. Too bad. I would like to see the giant angry European baby man kill more people.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Okay I kinda chuckled at Adam and Kyle talking poo poo to each other while they were brought into the hospital.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KUSHIDA finally gets a belt!

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

KUSHIDA finally gets a belt!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It only took two years of hard work for Kushida to prove he's worthy of being a cruiserweight champion

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
wait so after two years they fuckin shoot the belt onto kushida during an open challenge? what?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

kitten emergency posted:

wait so after two years they fuckin shoot the belt onto kushida during an open challenge? what?

And he Escobar didn't even have it for 7 days since NXT moved to Tuesday

Go KUSHIDA!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rhea already back on NXT. lmao

Also, that segment with Frankie was bad. Is she any good?

And Bianca. Guess it's just a 'woo we are champs go us thing'

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I feel like "Frankie Monet" could have avoided the NXT Name Generator feeling, but "Franky" really pushes it over the top

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Poor Dakota had to leave the ring :(

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

ayyy Bianca

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

xbilkis posted:

I feel like "Frankie Monet" could have avoided the NXT Name Generator feeling, but "Franky" really pushes it over the top

I can't accept any Monet unless it's Janelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bianca being the shortest person in the ring is a trip