Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm sure NXT investigated that thoroughly and didn't not contact the accuser at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

New Champion crowned next week in a Fatal Fourway... does AEW have a big show planned for next week or something?

It'll be the go-home show for All Out, so probably.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Same day that Finn Balor also returned, meaning he could have just stayed champion this entire time and only one title match would have been missed.

That Balor vs. KOR match might've been good but holy poo poo did it age loving terribly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol mercedes is back

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nothing changes AFAICT, ESPN airs NBA on Wednesdays so these rights weren't for Wednesday games, NBC is probably still negotiating for those.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm still laughing at this thread title.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rick posted:

It is an interesting theory: there would be less AEW Console Warriors if the WWE hadn’t made it a war. It makes sense. But people here hate WWE so much (rightfully so) now that I wonder if NXT ever had a chance.

The association with WWE didn't stop NXT from being popular around here for a good few years.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NXT still has the better women's division but they absolutely should because they hired literally every woman with buzz on the indies except for Kris Statlander (who they tried to get too)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wazzu posted:

I hear what you're saying, but considering their friendship and tagging since at least 2010 that's not a thrown together thing.

Ember and Shotzi are busy as tag champs, but there's Gigi, there's Kacy....
Boy does Raquel have to turn, that's so many heels.
Has she done literally anything since the Dusty Cup?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Poppy is associated with Io Shirai, whose match is on Night 1.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Did Samoa Joe just get demoted to sitdown interviewer for NXT? I've tuned out commentary entirely so I don't know if he's been on RAW or Smackdown tbh

He's been commentary for a while because he can't get cleared.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Who in that match was bummed about their standing in WWE?

Candice probably.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

gotta say this night hasn't been as good as last night. Not expecting much from this match either, just hoping Finn comes out with a win.

Cole and KOR will have to have one hell of a match otherwise this night will have been pretty meh

Cole's gotta outbleed his girlfriend.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Adam could use some tips from Britt.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I continue to not know what the hell they're doing with Toni.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rick posted:

The fact they ditched the video fans is a big help. Even if I think Florida perpetually trying to make Adam Cole the top face is weird.

They've apparently had to bribe the fans to be louder.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

thats a normal thing they say to pump the crowd up since nxt started

https://twitter.com/mrjacobcohen/status/1410025295286091780?s=21

This thing? I've never heard of them doing this before but maybe they have.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

thatcher got a chant :unsmith:

also what the gently caress sense does it make to have bronson drop the title

It's another Keith Lee situation. He's going up to the main roster so he has to drop it abruptly.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

just gonna assume covid. ember said she wasnt injured but she missed last week anyway

She had a dental issue though, not covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

This guy, whose name I don't know cause I have it on mute, looks like a cleaner cut more lean Kevin Owens

He's doing a "PC Principal" gimmick.