Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Psychepath posted:

It's weird that Vince focused on football side projects instead of basketball, since being tall and ripped is way more important in basketball, and he's denied us a Slamball reboot.

I'm surprised he hasn't done Monster Trucks because they're a major arena attractions that don't have unionized employees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well clearly someone talked to the dirtsheets, now didn't they.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

achillesforever6 posted:

I think mostly when they meant talking to the dirtsheets they meant not leaking who is going to be at the mania shows for surprises.

that makes sense if they're gonna use the PC to get ppl ready. But that also makes no sense because the PC has way too many people as it is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

poo poo I’d walk if I was getting paid 60k to throw myself at the ground and found out that was my pay ceiling. After travel and medical you’re maybe keeping half of that. Which taxes eat at least a third of that so it’s barely over poverty levels.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I bet she’d be a good plumber because she’s so short.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

is pepsi ok posted:

Taynara wasn't great on her own but she was perfect for the Brazilian MMA stable they never did anything with. I always thought Cezar Bononi had potential (he does some pretty good character work at house shows).

ok seriously, how can you not take a choice looking selection from the biggest collection of tryhard toughfucks and not come up with something? That's free writing material.

The Brazillian MMA scene has dudes getting grenades thrown at them over fender benders. poo poo's wild.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

karmicknight posted:

I'm very glad the bad company is very stupid. I'm also glad I missed the period where they decided the only selling point to their repository of wrestling history was "it only cost 9.99! You losers," because I might have died of laughter.

butchered repository of wrestling history. absolutely butchered. But that's an argument for another thread.

Is NXT still running 8-10EST? I thought I saw people livetweeting well after that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I preferred the takeovers on Saturday nights because that's the right time for wrestling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Von Linus posted:

Not a big fan of that. It's on the day after an OTT show, it's going to hoover up sales, I'm afraid. I'm also afraid it means the end of whatever international waters deal OTT had where no one bothered with them.

We’ll see. WWE has fared poorly when there’s local pushback.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its ok to like NXT. Just like its ok to not like it. Yeesh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’s kind of funny all the times Dijac would chat at me when I still had the black lives matter twitter avi.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember when NXT was a full sail produce and it was a vastly different beast than what it is now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

karmicknight posted:

I remember when NXT was a game show that the WWE just gave up on and then was WWE's version of ECW again.

That whole transition was so weird because you had Michael Cole and josh Mathews leading fans in hate watching the show. Then they turned it into a Cole angle and NXT went on to be preshow matches they bothered to tape.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

~750k viewers a week isn’t bad tho. But those viewers are from the existing WWE viewership and the actual unique viewers(that is people who turned on NXT but don’t watch other WWE products) is much much lower. My napkin math has it at about 10k uniques which is right on the sampling noise margin.

What this means is if WWE thought NXT was going to onboard a bunch of new fans, they were way off the mark.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aphrodite posted:

I do like how in wrestling logic sometimes the commissioners are able to ban people from ringside and sometimes they don't have that power so they require a cage or lumberjacks or something.

some people got that RUCK FULES mentality tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blasmeister posted:

they're talking about the trophy, it's a joke mate

joking about stealing money from your independent contractors is hellworld

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cage Kicker posted:

All those of you making GBS threads on Adam Cole are really short-changing him. He's heads above the competition

lookit diss dude

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is Poppy ever going to have a match?

they may have to if the injuries keep mounting up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is she still an ASMR draw?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Overdrive was like the secret technique of OVW for a hot minute and I will never know why.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it'd be funny if the only place NXT can do a million viewers per episode is in the old Impact Zone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vagabundo posted:

Didn't HHH once say that there wasn't anyone on the TNA roster that WWE wanted?

No he was lying out loud while engaging in contract tampering.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Astro7x posted:

Putting the show in a different arena is not going to fix the problem with it

Tuesday Night NXT

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who does better houses, NXT or Evolve?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

She really does. The sad thing is that there is actually a story to be told out of "Bianca dominates early in the Rumble but then finds herself falling short when up against fresh main eventers with years of experience, and now she wants to step up to prove herself" and it could have been quite interesting, but the story they chose to tell is,"She's a loser who gets beaten clean by both the people who kept ignoring her and not taking her seriously in the first place" :sigh:

This is something WWE always does. They position a character to be an underdog and either forget that they've done that or figured the audience doesn't get it enough so they do it again. The end result is the character looks like a stupid loser all the way until a fluke win happens and we're supposed to be like yay rudy you won the play(we lost the game, fuckin rudy).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Does Gargano still dress like 90s Cartoon Wolverine?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dango Bango posted:

No I was referring to the chants.

Wasn't the NXT PC show supposed to be limited to Full Sail regulars or basically WWE stans? I thought there was an invite-only thing.

Most WWE stans I've known over the years are super critical of the shows. They have their favorites they cheer for. But they're used to seeing those faves get cheaped out so consistently that failure is an accepted fact of life.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I woulda stood there and laughed at the guy. WWE matches are the worst.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Codependent Poster posted:

Tozawa has to go with that move right away, he can't stop and wait to see if the other guy does his part well. Because then it's delayed and would look even worse.

if I was being charitable, I'd say it looks like Strickland caught Tozawa under the chin. Which should have been a crash instead of a flip.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Austin Theory really took that low rent Flip Gordon comment to heart I see.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lookin like everyone hosed up in that gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shotzi was never a big talker on the indies side.