Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What rear end in a top hat stuff has Pete done (pun)? He was a local guy back home, and don’t recall hearing anyone saying anything bad about him. Always seemed a decent enough guy when I went to shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cavauro posted:

pretty sure it's entirely about how he became a cop, openly lying about how NXT UK hasn't hurt the british independent scene a great deal or at all, and is even good for it

Ah yes, and it's a fair criticism. I can only imagine given how much he was involved in the UK scene at a small level (I would buy my tickets for shows directly from him, as he was half owner of our local promotion) that he must've done so with gritted teeth, or at least through some naivety.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ll always support Tegan because Welsh people in wrestling is ace, and I’ve seen her work small indie shows and know she’s cool and good.

However...

https://twitter.com/tegannoxwwe_/status/1222275273367879683?s=21

Rule 1 is to go to a tattoo artist who has written numbers before.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Those three look a little bit old to be NXT Talent.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there a need to watch any of the last few episodes of NXT weekly for the PPV or has not much storytelling really happened, and the recaps will be enough to cover it?

OFFICER LIGER posted:

the absolute worst TakeOver was still a really great wrestling show, you're going to have a good time

I'll go as far as to say there has been one bad Takeover *match* (I've slipped a bit behind on my Takeovers but I saw all of them at least until 2018 or so) and that was Bull Dempsey vs Baron Corbin, and is literally the reason I still hate Corbin to this day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Haha perfect, I used to watch Tegan Nox back when she was fighting for my local indies so it's gonna be awesome to see her match on a Takeover. She's had such a tough time getting there.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still think it’s hilarious that after what... 4 events, NXT UK have run out of places actually in the UK to hold something.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He was on the Breaking Ground series, which is absolutely worth a watch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ok I need to be brought up to speed on Cameron Grimes. I remember Trevor Lee being a big name in PWG and the indies, so is it really good heel work thus booing? Or have they absolutely hosed him over?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really enjoyed it and really want a final matchup between them at Takeover.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The constant ad breaks have made this unwatchable. Glad I no longer watch the TV stuff.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DM Punk posted:

So, looks like Tegan Nox tore her ACL? Thats her 3 major injury since signing with WWE.

That's absolutely heartbreaking :(

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember first getting to see her years ago at an event so tiny it’s not even listed on cagematch, and being a Welshie I’ve been so proud to see her do so well against all the odds while wearing our flag to the ring. I don’t understand why fate has just been so loving cruel to her.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s an upgrade from an Applebee’s manager at least.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are the two events this week 2hours each? Or is it unknown at the moment?

e: oh dear lord Peacock has it listed as 3hr30 tonight

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

graph posted:

my cable guide is showing the standard 2h 5m

Looks like USA starts at 8pm while Peacock starts at 7pm.

So rather than getting the pre-show to tempt you to subscribe for the main thing, they're... doing the opposite? How strange.

Tomorrow's is listed as being 4 hours, just on Peacock and not USA. (I have not been following at all so I'm trying to work all this out today, and get the feeling I'll be burned out before Mania even begins, maybe for the best).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It started 15 minutes ago on Peacock but the timeline says it's 1 hour in, and I see they never implemented a way to start from the beginning I see. Glad to see things going very well so far. I'm going to be getting home around 8 so I'll be tuning in for the regular 2 hours anyway, and will just rely on the regular recaps before fights.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Love how awesome the current nxt setup looks with the live crowd behind the cages, utterly ruined by the stupid thunderdome screens.

E: the audio cutouts are when they cut to commercials on USA I believe. Lame but eh, at least the web feed doesn’t have the ads.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CarlCX posted:

Kushida needs to be the biggest, most blaring warning sign for literally any Japanese talent thinking about coming over to the WWE.

KENTA would like words with you.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CarlCX posted:

Kushida was signed a couple years ago now, and in that time, he, uh...he beat Velveteen Dream once? He lost a cruiserweight tournament? They reunited the Timesplitters and jobbed them out instantaneously?

Yeah I think the important thing is we really have a whole bunch of go to examples. I went for kenta just because he was the first one over, and it just amounted to nothing. Nakamura and Kushida should’ve seen it coming!

I’m grateful in their time over here we at least got some fantastic matches.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rick posted:

That wrap around screen is dope and the graphics they use are so much better than WWE normally uses

Yeah and seeing the matchup in huge letters rules. The fan cam stuff sucks, it’s like Vince saw how badass everything looked and just had to interject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I do appreciate that they're doing all they can to reduce any interest I have in this company down to absolute zero.