Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
What species is that spider thing? Is it from the books? What does it do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Noob Saibot posted:

It's not there.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Noob Saibot posted:

It's an Arraknid

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Noob Saibot posted:

It slurps.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I have zero nostalgia or even appreciation for Dune the IP, but the movie was pretty solid. It’s not Bladerunner 2049 solid, but not much is.

I’m glad it’s getting a sequel, though. I assume sequels were in the discussions during pre-production, but it still takes a pair of brass balls to end a tentpole sci-fi epic on blatant sequel bait.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alright, who do you all have for Feyd, beautiful Feyd?

Harry Styles? Bill Skarsgard? Steven Yuen? Ezra Miller?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

https://twitter.com/BarryKeoghan/status/1453072044451631111

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

https://twitter.com/barrykeoghan/status/1453072044451631111?s=10

e: :argh:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

He was a great villain type in Green Knight so I’m all for it

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Dollar store Tye Sheridan.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was championing Tom Holland but since the past choices were Mick Jagger and Sting I hope they pick Harry.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

That dude is great in Sacred Deer but I'm still rooting for Lil Nas X to play feyd

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ooooo yeah he was good in Green Knight, in a way that feels like it will fit, and both he and Chalamet will look suitably youthful.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

He was great as *checks notes* Druig

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Why mess with what works...get Sting to play Feyd.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm very glad they waited to make sure I'd seen it and liked it before greenlighting the second part

note: i saw it last night, and i liked it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Personally, I think its good they're making more Dune and I would like to watch it

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

flashy_mcflash posted:

nude tayne

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Noob Saibot posted:

Doesn't exist, but it's likely intended to be some weird poo poo cooked up by the Tlielaxu. Bene Tlielax is a creepy, isolationist group of technologists whose economy is based on unnerving bio-engineered poo poo they make for other Houses. Piter de Vries is also from there, a "twisted mentat" the Baron ordered because I guess normal mentats didn't fit his "I live in a TOOL video" vibe.

I guess the BDSM spider was an add-on customer loyalty incentive, "free latex spider-gimp after 10th purchase of evil mentat."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So how many millions did they lose not shooting part 1 and part 2 at the same time? lol

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

So how many millions did they lose not shooting part 1 and part 2 at the same time? lol

Yeah, I have to assume that there's a not-insignificant savings in keeping a production together rather than letting all the parts dissipate and have to be re-assembled

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Especially on a production of this scale where by all accounts the sets are gigantic and intricate.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Dune Deux will be filmed in a few generations once the perfect successor to Sting has been bred.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
DUNE
DUNE

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Get some kpop dreamboat for Feyd, the kids will go loving nuts

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

ALFbrot posted:

Yeah, I have to assume that there's a not-insignificant savings in keeping a production together rather than letting all the parts dissipate and have to be re-assembled

If you take Denis at his word, filming 2 at the same time would have drained and broken him so he's grateful he only had to focus on one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

moths posted:

Dune Deux will be filmed in a few generations once the perfect successor to Sting has been bred.

Deuxne

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
drat that sucks, I didn't think we'd be doing the 2 year skip in real time, but hey at least it's coming out.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Three guild navigators and a total of 1,460,062 solaris for the round trip.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I'm good with it. Denis Villeneuve has time to process what worked or didn't in the first one, and Paul will authentically look a little bit older by the time they film it. The time jump is pretty organic to the story at this point, so I'm seeing it as a benefit.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Machine Gun Kelly

He was pretty good as Tommy Lee in the Motley Crüe movie and he’s very hateable. He’d make a great bad guy.
Skarsgard would be a great choice as well though.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

DeDeux

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I really hope they're not trying to force them to get it done by October 2023 because... that isn't happening, right? Not without it being a mess.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Anyone else who saw this at Imax thought it looked a lil blurry? The picture was ok but not nearly as sharp as I remember 2049 being at the same cinema.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

badjohny posted:

Why mess with what works...get Sting to play Feyd.

they should have sting play the emperor

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

El Grillo posted:

I really hope they're not trying to force them to get it done by October 2023 because... that isn't happening, right? Not without it being a mess.

Who knows what’s already been done or was planned. If the writing is mostly done I could see it happening, but wouldn’t be surprised if it slipped.

IT Chapter 2 was a similar timeline iirc.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Jerkface posted:

2 dunc 2 idaho

:hmmyes:

Irulan better be super hot

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Xealot posted:

I'm good with it. Denis Villeneuve has time to process what worked or didn't in the first one, and Paul will authentically look a little bit older by the time they film it. The time jump is pretty organic to the story at this point, so I'm seeing it as a benefit.

They do still need to show Jessica becoming a full Reverend Mother and I'd like to see Paul giving water to the dead if possible but you can easily put those scenes right at the beginning and then do the time jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

Starks posted:

Who knows what’s already been done or was planned. If the writing is mostly done I could see it happening, but wouldn’t be surprised if it slipped.

IT Chapter 2 was a similar timeline iirc.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/dune-sisterhood-showrunner-exit-hbo-max-series-1252449/
This article from 2019 says the (a?) Dune 2021 writer exited the bene gesserit spinoff to work on the sequel, so there's probably some work been done since then.